jklein52 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Pre-workout supplements

This is most likely a dumb question and i’m overthinking it but I have a question regarding pre-workouts supplements. I follow a push pull leg split for the first three days and an upper and lower body with two rest days during the week. I take pre workout supplements on the leg and lower body workouts as well as on the upper body day. I assume I will perform better on the upper body day than the push and pull days due to the extra energy. I’m wondering if my performance on the push and pull days will have any effect on muscle growth since my body is already used to a higher progression on the upper body day and I won’t be able to work as hard without the pre workout supplement. Therefore, I won’t be able to achieve progressive overload on the push and pull days. Is this the case or am I overthinking it? Thanks.

Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jklein52 View Post
    This is most likely a dumb question and i’m overthinking it but I have a question regarding pre-workouts supplements. I follow a push pull leg split for the first three days and an upper and lower body with two rest days during the week. I take pre workout supplements on the leg and lower body workouts as well as on the upper body day. I assume I will perform better on the upper body day than the push and pull days due to the extra energy. I’m wondering if my performance on the push and pull days will have any effect on muscle growth since my body is already used to a higher progression on the upper body day and I won’t be able to work as hard without the pre workout supplement. Therefore, I won’t be able to achieve progressive overload on the push and pull days. Is this the case or am I overthinking it? Thanks.
    Overthinking it.
    Strong & Unstable

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you're only making progress on days you take a pre workout you're doing something wrong.
    Currently: traveling

Last country visited: Costa Rica - 2020
    Next country booked: Netherlands + Croatia - 2020

TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Energy supplements increase performance, but they also create a sense of false hope in certain situations

Don't let a supplement dictate your outcome
    BPI Sports - Forum Director - stevej@bpisports.net

BMBC - Master Level - Worldwide

Original 999,999k Crew

BCAAs Bring all the Boys to the Yard

jklein52 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Energy supplements increase performance, but they also create a sense of false hope in certain situations

so i’m just overthinking it and i’ll still grow muscle on the day’s without pre workout right?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    so i’m just overthinking it and i’ll still grow muscle on the day’s without pre workout right?
    Absolutely.

It's debatable if most supplements make any measurable difference at all. 99.9% of your results come from working hard and eating right.

EvelynWard is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post

I Agree!
    Last edited by EvelynWard; 05-21-2020 at 12:03 AM.

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hypertrophy = caloric surplus to TDEE while meeting macros + weight training with progressive volume + getting rest.

There is no magic muscle fertilizer.

If you want to take a pre for feelings of energy, pumps, focus or some combination of the three, cool take it. If you don't, don't. If you only want feelings of energy drink some coffee or take a caffeine tablet.

Either way, those things are not part of the equation above. That's what matter.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."