Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Human pullovers & shoulder pain

Last month I made a thread asking how best to replicate the straight arm pull down at home (where'd it go?) and through trial and error, I found human pullovers to be an excellent choice. Somehow I was able to rep out quite a few of these despite normal DB pullovers agitating my shoulders, but after about 2 weeks, the same thing started happening with the BW alternative. I took more of a neutral grip to mitigate it, which worked at first (though I wonder if they were really as effective because I felt a lot more triceps and overall back activation when they should be a lat dominant move?), but I started getting pain with these too. I've tried arms above my head, directly behind me, straight, slight bend... My shoulders hate these. Bringing my knees toward my hands by using my lats to slide on the floor hurts too. What can I do, either to protect my shoulders or as a pain-free alternative?

air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just stick with your pullups and row variations. Don't think pullovers are necessary to include, esp if they're causing you pain.

Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm trying to recreate Viking's PPLUL as closely as possible since I've made most of my gains on his U/L, including straight-arm Pulldowns twice per week. Is there any way I can more closely isolate the lats without putting my shoulders at risk?

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Xpiro View Post
    ... What can I do, either to protect my shoulders or as a pain-free alternative?
    Have you tried the ab wheel rollout?
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

It's easy to not be afraid of tigers when you're sitting in your living room watching a television program about tigers. When you're in the jungle where the tigers are, it's quite a different story.

Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    Have you tried the ab wheel rollout?
    Not recently, but thanks for the tip; I just looked into how to turn the rollout into a Lat-dominant exercise and stumbled upon wall rollouts. I tried it using one of my adjustable dumbbells (never thought the annoying rolling would come in handy!) and it felt pretty good. I got a little bit of shoulder agitation, but I've been dealing with a nagging ache in my left front delt for the last few days. I could always lay off these for a session or 2 until it improves, but I can try to implement these going forward, adding plates to the DB to progress.