Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by potatosoup View Post
    What a fantastic thread. Top notch review constantly updated with answers to questions, and consistent updates on usage, issues and solutions.

DVO, if you’re ever in Southern California, I’d love for you to give the Sorinex Hurricane a shot for a few sessions and do a write up. Would’ve loved to see an in-depth review of it before I bought it!
    Potatosoup, thanks for the awesome and positive feedback! And more content is coming along, I'm planning to add a few video demonstrations once I get around to it on the Spud Inc. sled strap incline press, leg press and angled shoulder press movements.

The Sorinex Hurricane looks like a very versatile and promising piece of equipment that could make for a great future review. If I ever take a future trip out to Southern California I would definitely consider taking it for a test spin!

Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Update, I decided to get to a demonstration vid of the Spud Inc. Sled Strap in action on the machine for lever arm flys...

http://imgur.com/a/pND7SVO

I'm gonna try to make more demonstrations of pressing and row angles as well.
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 08-20-2020 at 06:09 PM.

grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    Update, I decided to get to a demonstration vid of the Spud Inc. Sled Strap in action on the machine for lever arm flys...

http://imgur.com/a/pND7SVO

I'm gonna try to make more demonstrations of pressing and row angles as well.
    nice- still think this machine is on my want list. have too ee what kind of room I have left after the belt squat arrives.
    your doing what I have been doing on my cable crossover.
    innovation of exercises! Trying out all kinds of alternate ways to use a certain piece of equipment. looking forward to some more variations of exercises on the body solid.

Gray Matter Lifting Dont Want None's Avatar
    Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000)
    What about going with these guys? https://www.amazon.com/ComCor-Sled-S.../dp/B00TY2VXQK

You could easily add any handle attachments, like a D-Handle, since it has the carabiners...
    My personal motto is Better than Yesterday. This defines who I am, my view of the world, and my goals in life. Each day, I try to be a little better than I was the day before. A little smarter, a little stronger, a little happier.

On social media as Gray Matter Lifting

Originally Posted by Dont Want None View Post
    What about going with these guys? https://www.amazon.com/ComCor-Sled-S.../dp/B00TY2VXQK

You could easily add any handle attachments, like a D-Handle, since it has the carabiners...
    Those look perfect, if I had known of those before I probably would've picked those over the Spud strap and I actually have a pair of Spud handles (the rubber grip with steel insert strap handles) lying around that would likely work good attached to those.

After hitting a full body day, I picked two triceps exercises to mix it up from traditional dips at the end as a finisher...I went with DB skullcrushers with the Powerblocks for a few sets of 6-12 reps and decided to test out a few sets of lever arm tricep extensions/skullcrushers.

Overall the movement felt decent at the end despite the rotation of the press bar in that position, I wanted for the lever arm to go lower, but then I wouldn't be able to get under the bar with the padding in the middle. I'm thinking of putting some blocks underneath the front foot of the bench to decline it a bit so I could get a deeper ROM and will post a vid.
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 09-25-2020 at 07:05 AM.

Edit: Still looking for a solution to set the arm lower and get underneath it for a fuller ROM, I think the best way will be with the Ironmaster Super Bench Pro in the decline position when it becomes available again.

In the meantime here's a video testing the lever arm skullcrusher at a limited ROM in the flat bench position after all the other movements were done...

http://imgur.com/a/gAJ1Y1c

thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Did you try to put the lever arm at the bottom then wrap a chain around the bar with an EZ-Curl cable attachment to the other end and try doing skull crushers that way?
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    how about a rope handle or some other tricep strap attached to the bottom cable assembly used for back rows. you could do them on a flat or slight incline too. I do these on my cable crossover and get a great workout from it.
    Keep the vids coming- still thinking I want this machine. Its between this or the Ironmaster IM2000

dickus, do you mean as in to do the skullcrushers with the EZ Curl cable attachment attached to the bar on the arm behind the head when laying on the bench? If so, that's an ingenius idea and incidently I got some chain to utilize this variation.

grumpy, I definitely am gonna try that out, I've been on a triceps kick lately so any new twist would be great to throw in. I also want to try a variation where you lay forward on the bench, or floor pad and use the low pulley as an overhead to forward extension which from what I understand places a lot of tension on the triceps in sort of a reverse forward floor preacher extension type movement for the triceps if that's interpretable trying to explain it lol. I gotta test it out first, but from what I understand Bill Pearl used to do this movement and there were some illustrations of the said movement.

thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    dickus, do you mean as in to do the skullcrushers with the EZ Curl cable attachment attached to the bar on the arm behind the head when laying on the bench? If so, that's an ingenius idea and incidently I got some chain to utilize this variation.
    Yes! That's exactly what I meant, but I wasn't sure I was relaying it correctly.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

Originally Posted by thedickus View Post
    Yes! That's exactly what I meant, but I wasn't sure I was relaying it correctly.
    I tested the chain around the lever arm with both the rope and V-bar and it works very decent, but you gotta be a bit conservative on the weight added due to the direction of the angle the lever arm goes in, actually another cool thing I tried with it is pulling the rope through the steel eyelet to one side, and tried it as a single arm tricep extension per arm and it works, but just the lever arm is adequate enough to maintain a good higher rep range per arm on it (I'll test it out soon with the shorter rope and single handle strap).

I also flipped the V-bar over, sat on the end of the bench, elbows on knees and did seated lever arm curls which gave a nice pump (not sure if these really have any significant advantage over the same setup on the lower pulley, but it's another option none the less. I'll post some vids of the setup and movements soon.
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 09-29-2020 at 01:56 PM.

I put my Spud Inc steel insert handles to the test on seated lever arm overhead press and seated lever arm rows with my feet on the bench feet for support.

The seated lever arm overhead press gives a nice stretch at the top of the movement similar to the lever arm bench press and flys with some instability that you fight at the top to keep stable, I set the arm a bit higher to get into a more comfortable and stable positioning to press from (pictured in the video below) which lessened the ROM a bit compared to the lower setting which felt kind of awkward to setup right.

The seated lever arm rows felt great with a nice stretch in the lats and the handles rotate the forearms freely throughout the movement as opposed to the fixed ones and allow wide enough clearance to pull the elbows further back without the attachment being the limiting factor bumping into you.

Here's both movements being tested out...

http://imgur.com/a/Tmq0PcD

http://imgur.com/a/drdlyBK

[QUOTE=Deep-Voiced-One;1620607351]I put my Spud Inc steel insert handles to the test on seated lever arm overhead press and seated lever arm rows with my feet on the bench feet for support.

The seated lever arm overhead press gives a nice stretch at the top of the movement similar to the lever arm bench press and flys with some instability that you fight at the top to keep stable, I set the arm a bit higher to get into a more comfortable and stable positioning to press from (pictured in the video below) which lessened the ROM a bit compared to the lower setting which felt kind of awkward to setup right.

The seated lever arm rows felt great with a nice stretch in the lats and the handles rotate the forearms freely throughout the movement as opposed to the fixed ones and allow wide enough clearance to pull the elbows further back without the attachment being the limiting factor bumping into you.

Here's both movements being tested out...

good stuff. finding all sorts of ways to utilize the machine. This piece is still on my short list to get. Just need to free up a bit of space I think.

I just had an idea, but no guarantee it will work (I'll have to trial and error it), but once I get my IM Super Bench Pro and eventually the leg ext/leg curl attachment, I'm kicking around the idea to use a steel ring (such as the Spud Inc one that is used on the strap handles to attach to the carabiners) and put it on the olympic peg where the plates go, secure it in place with a spring, or compression collar and hook the carabiner to the ring and to the low pulley on the leverage machine and load that portion with plates to possibly get constant cable tension throughout hamstring curls.

I just had an idea, but no guarantee it will work (I'll have to trial and error it), but once I get my IM Super Bench Pro and eventually the leg ext/leg curl attachment, I'm kicking around the idea to use a steel ring (such as the Spud Inc one that is used on the strap handles to attach to the carabiners) and put it on the olympic peg where the plates go, secure it in place with a spring, or compression collar and hook the carabiner to the ring and to the low pulley on the leverage machine and load that portion with plates to possibly get constant cable tension throughout hamstring curls.
    give it a shot. I'm always trying out new things myself. they don't always payout but sometimes I am pleasantly surprised.
    worth a shot anyways. post the update if successful.

Gray Matter Lifting Dont Want None's Avatar
    Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've been messing around with seated leg curls on my lever gym (powertec)... here is what I have so far:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG26Km2Hv9A/

Face the bench towards the unit, and back a few feet. Put the seat in a slight incline if you can, along with the back pad being almost entirely vertical. Use two ankle cuffs, one per ankle, and a long chain running from the low cable back to each ankle cuff (could you two shorter chains I'm sure).

I tried it the other day from the high cable, just to see. Not as good. Spud makes the Hamstinger, which might be really cool for this as well.
    My personal motto is Better than Yesterday. This defines who I am, my view of the world, and my goals in life. Each day, I try to be a little better than I was the day before. A little smarter, a little stronger, a little happier.

On social media as Gray Matter Lifting

Originally Posted by Dont Want None View Post
    I've been messing around with seated leg curls on my lever gym (powertec)... here is what I have so far:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG26Km2Hv9A/

Face the bench towards the unit, and back a few feet. Put the seat in a slight incline if you can, along with the back pad being almost entirely vertical. Use two ankle cuffs, one per ankle, and a long chain running from the low cable back to each ankle cuff (could you two shorter chains I'm sure).

I tried it the other day from the high cable, just to see. Not as good. Spud makes the Hamstinger, which might be really cool for this as well.
    Interesting take on the movement, I only have a single Hamstinger attachment, but it might not be a bad idea to get another one sometime for this movement.