fantasticstar is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile Tummy Sticks Out. Help!

Hi,

I've been conscious of my pot belly since I was a kid. I've been on and off training and dieting for nearly 8 years now. I'm able to lose and gain weight easily. But my distended tummy and manboobs remain constant. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong or if it's something I just can't fix. I think I will post about my man boobs in another post. I just wanted to ask about my distended stomach in this one because I've been training my ass off the past two months in lockdown and I've been on IF and I eat no more than 1600 Kcals a day. I've lost 8 kilos (from 71 to 63 kilos) in two months but my belly still sticks out and I still end up looking flabby when I put a fitting shirt.

Some videos on youtube point in the direction of Anterior Pelvic Tilt, some say it's a swayback. Some lead me to think it's Pectus Excavatum. Some, rounded shoulders. After looking at hundreds of videos and trying out several exercises and reading a ton of articles I'm still not sure what the solution is, if there's at all one.

I would be grateful if someone with a similar issue could shed some light on what's to be done.

Thanks a lot.

I've posted some pictures. Please have a look.

Thanks!
    Attached Images

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by fantasticstar View Post
    Hi,

I've been conscious of my pot belly since I was a kid. I've been on and off training and dieting for nearly 8 years now. I'm able to lose and gain weight easily. But my distended tummy and manboobs remain constant. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong or if it's something I just can't fix. I think I will post about my man boobs in another post. I just wanted to ask about my distended stomach in this one because I've been training my ass off the past two months in lockdown and I've been on IF and I eat no more than 1600 Kcals a day. I've lost 8 kilos (from 71 to 63 kilos) in two months but my belly still sticks out and I still end up looking flabby when I put a fitting shirt.

Some videos on youtube point in the direction of Anterior Pelvic Tilt, some say it's a swayback. Some lead me to think it's Pectus Excavatum. Some, rounded shoulders. After looking at hundreds of videos and trying out several exercises and reading a ton of articles I'm still not sure what the solution is, if there's at all one.

I would be grateful if someone with a similar issue could shed some light on what's to be done.

Thanks a lot.

I've posted some pictures. Please have a look.

Thanks!
    MUCH of your problem is your posture. Fix it.

NearlyBigAngus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NearlyBigAngus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NearlyBigAngus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NearlyBigAngus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NearlyBigAngus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NearlyBigAngus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NearlyBigAngus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NearlyBigAngus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NearlyBigAngus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NearlyBigAngus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NearlyBigAngus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's your posture - pelvic tilt and nerd neck. Both are easily fixable but you need to stick with it - you won't fix it in a week.
    Forget the Pectus Excavatum.

Originally Posted by NearlyBigAngus View Post
    It's your posture - pelvic tilt and nerd neck. Both are easily fixable but you need to stick with it - you won't fix it in a week.
    Forget the Pectus Excavatum.
    Thanks NearlyBigAngus,

Do you reckon how long I may have to do the corrective exercises? Also, are you sure what I have is an APT and not a swayback posture? Thanks for the help.

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    MUCH of your problem is your posture. Fix it.
    Thanks CommitmentRulz,

Are you able to tell what my postural problem is? Clearly I'm unable to diagnose it myself.