Fenris0318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fenris0318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fenris0318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fenris0318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fenris0318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fenris0318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fenris0318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fenris0318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fenris0318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fenris0318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fenris0318 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Post NEED ACCOUNTABILITY BUDDIES! Getting back in the gym after a 5 year "hiatus"

Hey Guys and Gals!

My name is Hunter, I am a 22 year old dad to two little girls. I used to be an avid rock climber, mountain biker, and skateboarder in high school and college. After having my girls I stopped exercising, I stopped adventuring and getting outdoors as much. I found it hard to find the time to do those things with a wife, two kids, and a full time job, I used those things as excuses. In the past two years I have went from 125 lbs to 205 lbs. My unhealthy habits have started to effect my wife and kids, too.

It didn't affect me much until about six months ago I got diagnosed with COPD. After years of smoking, unhealthy work environments, and being born nearly 3 months premature it had taken a toll on my lungs. I want to get healthy again, I want to live long with my kids and give them the outdoor experiences that they want and that they deserve.

I am creating this thread as an outlet to post and make my journey public to keep me accountable and to force me to really try and do it.

Any advice and tips are much appreciated.

Thank you all.

MoldovanBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MoldovanBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MoldovanBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MoldovanBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MoldovanBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MoldovanBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MoldovanBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MoldovanBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MoldovanBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MoldovanBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MoldovanBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Fenris0318 View Post
    Hey Guys and Gals!

My name is Hunter, I am a 22 year old dad to two little girls. I used to be an avid rock climber, mountain biker, and skateboarder in high school and college. After having my girls I stopped exercising, I stopped adventuring and getting outdoors as much. I found it hard to find the time to do those things with a wife, two kids, and a full time job, I used those things as excuses. In the past two years I have went from 125 lbs to 205 lbs. My unhealthy habits have started to effect my wife and kids, too.

It didn't affect me much until about six months ago I got diagnosed with COPD. After years of smoking, unhealthy work environments, and being born nearly 3 months premature it had taken a toll on my lungs. I want to get healthy again, I want to live long with my kids and give them the outdoor experiences that they want and that they deserve.

I am creating this thread as an outlet to post and make my journey public to keep me accountable and to force me to really try and do it.

Any advice and tips are much appreciated.

Thank you all.
    Hey mate, sorry to hear about that! Can't imagine how hard it would be to become a father and try to do the hobbies you want. I think you should start lifting with dumbells (if you have access to them) lift with full range of motion, look up yt videos on how to do this. Target every muscle group. Id keep it very simple, 1 or 2 exercises per muscle group max. If you don't have access to dumbbells, I would start our doing calisthenics. Its actually a great way to build some foundational strength which can then be transferred to when you start hitting the weights.

Fenris0318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fenris0318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fenris0318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fenris0318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fenris0318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fenris0318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fenris0318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fenris0318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fenris0318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fenris0318 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fenris0318 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cool Day 5! Feeling the burn

Today is my 5th consecutive day of going to the gym, I’ve been doing full body workouts every day, along with 20 minutes of cardio! For weights I’m trying to lift heavy enough that I hit muscle failure on my last rep.

I haven’t weighed and measured any more this week, going to take that week by week but I feel like I have lost weight, I feel like I look smaller. My body is sore, the first few days were hard to walk, but I’ve been stretching every few hours and that is helping quite a bit.

My wife went to the gym with me yesterday and she did legs, we are going back today in a couple hours to do upper body. I feel very motivated!