Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Azzurri has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azzurri has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azzurri has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azzurri has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azzurri has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azzurri has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azzurri has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azzurri has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azzurri has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azzurri has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azzurri has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Used RS7
    †Italian Crew†
    *Ohio State Crew*

Anything easy aint worth a damn. -Woody Hayes

Two things in life right now that I'm aiming for: Getting big and very lean, and the other is making lots of money so I can shove it in peoples faces that didn't give me the time.
    Weight: 160-----------Goal: 170-175 @ 7-8% BF

Jays/Buckeyes/Packers/Raptors/Leafs

KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
    Used RS7
    All day but he wants a stick, which these days cancels a lot of options.
    Me caveman, put round things on bar, lift, pound chest.

2jz, S55

KidGogeta is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidGogeta is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidGogeta is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidGogeta is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidGogeta is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidGogeta is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidGogeta is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidGogeta is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidGogeta is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidGogeta is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidGogeta is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I like the fact of the RS3 based on the drivetrain alone, lighter weight car compared to the GTR just doesn't have the wow factor

But plus of the GTR is that you will lose very little money on it when you go to trade it in. If you don't mind an older car wb 997.2 carrera or carrera 4s or a 997.1 turbo with a manual?, still had hydraulic steering and plus its much lighter than all the others you've had. One of the reasons you prolly loved your subaru was the lightweight feeling of it

If you don't like the bmw your driving now you will hate the rest of them,

SwimProWILM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwimProWILM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwimProWILM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwimProWILM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwimProWILM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwimProWILM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwimProWILM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwimProWILM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwimProWILM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwimProWILM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwimProWILM has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by DTRrex View Post
    Hey, all. IB TLDR

Due to the Covid-19 thing, I can't exactly go to car meets to talk to folks or test drive stuff, so in the mean-time I figured I would see what some fellow enthusiasts thought.

Car history to frame my perspective:

'96 Nissan Maxima GLE 4AT
    - Intake and exhaust
    - Loved the platform of back when these were actual sport sedans at 3,100 lbs or less but wanted a manual.
    - Owned for 6 months.

'97 Nissan Maxima SE 5MT
    - Supercharged, bolt ons, suspension, etc
    - Enjoyed the car but wanted some more nimble and hated fighting for traction
    - Owned for 1.5 years.

'96 Acura Integra GSR 5MT
    - Full bolt ons and suspension
    - Realized while it was fun and light, to get the power I wanted I would have to boost it and then I would have the same issue as the Maxima... pushing too much power through the front wheels.
    - Owned for 1 year.

2002 WRX 5MT
    - Upgraded turbo and all supporting mods possible. Everything short of building the motor. Only about 300whp but in the early-mid 2000's that meant beating Vettes and playing with cars that cost 3-4x as much.
    - Loved this car. Owned it forever and although hated the interior refinement loved the car and it saw me to 175k miles without any major issue.
    - Owned 13 years and would still probably own it as a side/fun build project if it wasn't totaled from a simple rear-ending

2016 M235i Xdrive ZF-8spd atuo (current car)
    - Exhaust and tune, sitting around 350whp/370wtq. Nothing to write home about, but with the Xdrive it can be surprisingly quick.

Although I like my current car, I am just not... in love with it. It's better than my WRX in nearly every way. Faster, better interior, AWD system that allows oversteer, more compliant ride, etc... But it doesn't have SOUL. It's my first auto trans in 15+ years and although I really appreciate the cool feeling of banging gears instantly and always staying in boost, it doesn't have the same gratification of a car that rows it's own gear or is a TRUE performance car. M235 is performance car lite.

My requirements are something that is AWD. I live in an area where snow is possible 7+ months out of the year. Yes, I know RWD with good snows does just fine, but it's not just about winter... I am looking at cars with high HP and get annoyed by cars that cannot put their power down. For instance, I rented a F80 (2016) M3 Competition with Stage 1 tune. This was making roughly 450-500 WHP and was a 6MT. The first 2 gears were useless under anything more than full throttle. I was breaking tires loose at 45 mph on freeway ramps. No thanks.

I also want back seats. Doesn't have to be useable backseats per say, but something. Just that extra convenience of throwing my gym bag in the back seat rather than opening the trunk or something like I would do in a 2-seater. I like sedans, and definitely love performance sedans, but I also appreciate the lines of coupe and am fine with that.

I miss a manual trans. I think if a car had high enough performance I could overlook it not having a manual trans, but I really do miss it. So I don't require a manual trans in the new car, but I do require it to be bonkers enough to make me forget about the lure of rowing my own gears.

So end of the day I've narrowed down this, and budget is up to $80k ish. Would love feedback and engagement from fellow enthusiasts!

Audi RS3
    - Low 12's out of the box, 4 door practicality, new 2021 interior looks so much better, fully warranty, insane modability that sees low 11's / high 10's on bolt ons and tune. But it also looks like a Jetta, Haldex AWD understeers, and it lacks a manual.

BMW M340i Xdrive
    - Simlar to RS3. Low 12's out of the box, warranty is always nice on Germans, can be modded for near supercar performance with a couple grand, and in my opinion looks better than the RS3. But it also looks like every 3-series out there, is auto, and would lack the handling prowess of other options mentioned.

Nissan GTR (2012-2015)
    - Performance that puts many super cars to shame, bargain USED performance buy of the century, exotic supercar performance at a discount with much cheaper maintenance. But, no warranty, looks cool sometimes but other times looks like a try-hard car, no manual, extremely unrefined compared to newer options here (but yes, you get much better performance... it's a trade-off)

Early 2000's Porsche 911 4s / 911 T
    - Here I am for sure striking that golden mid-point. Porsche dynamics, refined interior, high performance, etc... etc... They're legendary and revered for a reason. I could potentially get a AWD 4S or Turbo WITH a manual trans. Kinda of the best of all worlds, right? But they've also been climbing in value like gangbusters recently and I do OK, but I have a very hard time swallowing $80k for a nearly 20 year old car with German replacement costs (I know Porsche is notoriously reliable, but things happen and it's not cheap say vs a GTR)

G80 (2021+ M3/M4)
    - Will have near supercar capability, will finally offer AWD, will get a warranty, and new BMW interior pretty solid. But, they're not making it possible to get AWD with the 6MT and I am already in a ZF 8-speed Bimmer that leaves me wanting for more.

M235
    - I could mod my current car. Sure, I am getting bored with it. But it's still a good car and with more exhaust work and tune work I can see 400WHP/420WTQ on a car that's basically paid off. Maintenance and repair costs not-withstanding.

For anyone saying keep my current my car and buy a weekend toy like a Cayman, Supercharged Miata, etc... I live in one of the densest cities and parking is an expensive commodity. I currently have my Bimmer and my female has a GMC Denali SUV for hauling... a 3rd car in addition to the cost of car would potentially incur $300+ a month just in parking... hence my desire for a "do-it-all" car.

Thanks, all!!
    GTR!!!! You can't beat these for the price