MRWorkover has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MRWorkover has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cant build muscle

hello, im 14 years old and i am quite new to fitness, specifically weightlifting. i know there's a lot of controversy regarding weightlifting at a young age but i dont really believe that if you lift you stunt your growth. but anyway, im 63 kg/138 lbs (last time i checked) but i look quite skinny. i dirty bulk quite a lot to hit my caloric surplus. but even when i hit it and i weight lift, i become extremely exhausted after 2 sets of 8-12 reps. could it be that i'm lifting too heavy? i just want to pack on some muscle and look muscular. any advice is really appreciated.

thanks.

AkiraFudo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) AkiraFudo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) AkiraFudo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) AkiraFudo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) AkiraFudo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) AkiraFudo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) AkiraFudo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) AkiraFudo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) AkiraFudo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) AkiraFudo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) AkiraFudo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by MRWorkover View Post
    hello, im 14 years old and i am quite new to fitness, specifically weightlifting. i know there's a lot of controversy regarding weightlifting at a young age but i dont really believe that if you lift you stunt your growth. but anyway, im 63 kg/138 lbs (last time i checked) but i look quite skinny. i dirty bulk quite a lot to hit my caloric surplus. but even when i hit it and i weight lift, i become extremely exhausted after 2 sets of 8-12 reps. could it be that i'm lifting too heavy? i just want to pack on some muscle and look muscular. any advice is really appreciated.

thanks.
    I'm about the same weight.. you will get used to it. Also, try bodyweight training if you're too weak.

MRWorkover has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MRWorkover has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AkiraFudo View Post
    I'm about the same weight.. you will get used to it. Also, try bodyweight training if you're too weak.
    alright, not so weak lol. but how many sets and reps for bodyweight?

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

thanks.
    There's really not much controversy over weightlifting as a young teenager. It has been shown empirically that resistance training, before growth plates are fused, does not impede growth. If you've heard otherwise, that source should not be consulted.

Are you resistance training? What are you currently doing for exercise?
    Currently: traveling

Last country visited: Costa Rica - 2020
    Next country booked: Netherlands + Croatia - 2020

Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    There's really not much controversy over weightlifting as a young teenager. It has been shown empirically that resistance training, before growth plates are fused, does not impede growth. If you've heard otherwise, that source should not be consulted.

Are you resistance training? What are you currently doing for exercise?
    hello, yeah im resistance training. right now i have a pair of dumbbells because of the whole lockdown thing.
    but theyre universal so i can change the weight on them.
    the thing is, i get extremely exhausted after like 2 sets, is this normal?
    should i go lighter or keep going at the weight im going now?
    im not weak by any means. but sometimes i do tend to get confused by how much weight i should be lifting.
    any advice is really appreciated

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Just do 2 sets of each exercise for now. Do as many reps in each set as you can. What matters is the effort - and improving over time. The weight you use is not that important. Over a long period of time, of course it should go up but there is no exact formula for an "ideal" weight to use. It's all about how much hard work you put in.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Just do 2 sets of each exercise for now. Do as many reps in each set as you can. What matters is the effort - and improving over time. The weight you use is not that important. Over a long period of time, of course it should go up but there is no exact formula for an "ideal" weight to use. It's all about how much hard work you put in.
    alright, i will thank you.

asiankid9 is not very helpful. (-500) asiankid9 is not very helpful. (-500) asiankid9 is not very helpful. (-500) asiankid9 is not very helpful. (-500) asiankid9 is not very helpful. (-500) asiankid9 is not very helpful. (-500) asiankid9 is not very helpful. (-500) asiankid9 is not very helpful. (-500) asiankid9 is not very helpful. (-500) asiankid9 is not very helpful. (-500) asiankid9 is not very helpful. (-500)

thanks.
    Im 15 so what I did for the past year was still eat as much lean protein I can and lift light until you have the potential to start lifting heavier. For example, when I first started working my shoulders, they hurt a lot and i was only able to get 2 sets of 5 and my shoulders felt like they were on fire. Because of my training, I can now workout my shoulders more longer and I usually do 5 sets of 25 reps on each shoulder. So what im saying is it takes time to build your actual muscle strength

Originally Posted by asiankid9 View Post
    Im 15 so what I did for the past year was still eat as much lean protein I can and lift light until you have the potential to start lifting heavier. For example, when I first started working my shoulders, they hurt a lot and i was only able to get 2 sets of 5 and my shoulders felt like they were on fire. Because of my training, I can now workout my shoulders more longer and I usually do 5 sets of 25 reps on each shoulder. So what im saying is it takes time to build your actual muscle strength
    so i can build muscle with lighter weight because of my age?
    so i shouldnt go as heavy should i?
    if thats the case then i will definitely apply that to my workouts.
    thank you.

xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You can definitely build muscle with lighter weights.