texag20181 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Former College Athlete to Dad Bod and Back

Hey ya'll,

I'm a former (briefly) college athlete who used to be extremely into health and fitness and for the last few years I've stopped working out. I don't really have that much weight to lose, but I've definitely gained a bit of a beer gut and my muscles are nowhere near as defined as they were my freshman year of college when I was playing baseball. I'm 24 years old now and my goal is to drop about 15 pounds and then bulk back up to my playing weight.

I grew tired of looking at pictures from my freshman-junior year of college and wishing I had the same physique I had then. It hasn't been long since I was physically fit and I'm still young with plenty of time to get back to where I was and enjoy the prime years of my life being physically fit again!

Height: 5'6
    Weight: 158 Pounds
    Goal Weight: 140-145 Pounds in 6 Weeks (2.5 to 3 Pounds Per Week)

Throughout the next 6 weeks, I'm going to be counting all my calories, shooting for 20,000 steps of walking each day, running every day with the goal of being able to complete a 5K in 24 minutes in 6 weeks (about 8 minutes per mile) and getting rid of my excess weight that primarily falls in my stomach. I'm using this journal both to share my fitness journey from college athlete to dad bod and back to motivate myself primarily. I want to be able to look back at this journal in six weeks with a sense of pride that I set out to do what I started and have a physical reminder of my progress.

At the end of the six weeks, I'm going to start focusing on building muscle mass back and improving strength/endurance. We'll see where I am at the end of this and I'll re-evaluate my next goals from there!