Reply
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Registered User JumpyChickenFTW's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 8
    Rep Power: 0
    JumpyChickenFTW is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    JumpyChickenFTW is offline

    Unhappy Are my hips wide and shoulders narrow?

    I am 19 and lifting about 3 months ago. I can see major improvement in my physique and strength (wasn't able to do a single push-up now can do a few). I had Pott's disease (tuberculosis in the spine) and was bedridden for 2 years when 15.

    But the size of my hips is bothering me. I've been called out a couple of times for that. I do not know if they are huge or just average but they seem disproportionate relative to the rest of my body.

    I have low testosterone levels (250 ng/dl) probably due to being bedridden in my teenage years or might be some underlying cause.

    postimg (dot) cc
    /9rTPwRzL

    postimg (dot) cc
    /YGq81pTh

    [Replace the (dot) with '.']

    My current measurements are:

    Waist: 28''
    Hips: 33''
    Weight: 170 lbs
    Height: 6' 3''
    Shoulder to Waist Ratio: 1.67 (Can I increase this or the shoulder width is determined by bone structure?)

    Is my bone structure messed up or is it in my head and I just need to work out my upper body more? Can I get a v-taper physique or am I truly f*cked up with an hourglass figure?

    Also, does it seem that I have gynecomastia or is it just chest fat?


    Thanks a ton in advance!
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Moderator SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2007
    Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Posts: 49,902
    Rep Power: 1286472
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    SuffolkPunch is offline
    All such problems (real or imagined) go away when you gain some muscle. We see a lot of such post and this is always the answer. No difference here.

    To do that you need to eat at maintenance or slight surplus, get enough protein and follow a training regime with planned progressive overload - such as Fierce 5.

    Try not to keep looking in the mirror, measuring, comparing. Just train hard and get on with your life - you'll be much happier.
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User JumpyChickenFTW's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 8
    Rep Power: 0
    JumpyChickenFTW is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    JumpyChickenFTW is offline
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    All such problems (real or imagined) go away when you gain some muscle. We see a lot of such post and this is always the answer. No difference here.

    To do that you need to eat at maintenance or slight surplus, get enough protein and follow a training regime with planned progressive overload - such as Fierce 5.

    Try not to keep looking in the mirror, measuring, comparing. Just train hard and get on with your life - you'll be much happier.
    I was going to try a carrier in modeling as my face looks good. I was just asking if my bone structure will be a hindrance?

    Thanks a ton for the reply. It really helps.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Registered User JumpyChickenFTW's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 8
    Rep Power: 0
    JumpyChickenFTW is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    JumpyChickenFTW is offline
    Originally Posted by JumpyChickenFTW View Post
    I am 19 and lifting about 3 months ago. I can see major improvement in my physique and strength (wasn't able to do a single push-up now can do a few). I had Pott's disease (tuberculosis in the spine) and was bedridden for 2 years when 15.

    But the size of my hips is bothering me. I've been called out a couple of times for that. I do not know if they are huge or just average but they seem disproportionate relative to the rest of my body.

    I have low testosterone levels (250 ng/dl) probably due to being bedridden in my teenage years or might be some underlying cause.

    postimg (dot) cc
    /9rTPwRzL

    postimg (dot) cc
    /YGq81pTh

    [Replace the (dot) with '.']

    My current measurements are:

    Waist: 28''
    Hips: 33''
    Weight: 170 lbs
    Height: 6' 3''
    Shoulder to Waist Ratio: 1.67 (Can I increase this or the shoulder width is determined by bone structure?)

    Is my bone structure messed up or is it in my head and I just need to work out my upper body more? Can I get a v-taper physique or am I truly f*cked up with an hourglass figure?

    Also, does it seem that I have gynecomastia or is it just chest fat?


    Thanks a ton in advance!
    Can someone else please comment on this?
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Banned honta1118's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 96
    Rep Power: 0
    honta1118 honta1118 honta1118 honta1118 honta1118 honta1118 honta1118 honta1118 honta1118 honta1118 honta1118
    honta1118 is offline
    Originally Posted by JumpyChickenFTW View Post
    Can someone else please comment on this?
    Hips look wide but u can get like me as I have built up my shoulders and Lats and they overpower my wide hips now. My ribcage is still smaller than my hips but I make it work
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Registered User CommitmentRulz's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2017
    Location: United States
    Age: 61
    Posts: 6,942
    Rep Power: 68985
    CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    CommitmentRulz is offline
    I'm not trying to be a jerk. You asked, so I'll answer...

    Your issue is not wide hips. Your issue is looking/being untrained and under muscled. You need a good 20 pounds of muscle on your frame at a minimum, unless your goal is to be 110 pounds and look sickly.
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Registered User JumpyChickenFTW's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 8
    Rep Power: 0
    JumpyChickenFTW is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    JumpyChickenFTW is offline
    Originally Posted by honta1118 View Post
    Hips look wide but u can get like me as I have built up my shoulders and Lats and they overpower my wide hips now. My ribcage is still smaller than my hips but I make it work
    Thanks for the advice. I will try to work on shoulders and lats.
    I thought I was imagining things but my waist is 28'' while my pelvis is 33''.

    Also, will my clavicles (bone) grow wider (I am 19)?

    P.S. Your waist looks tiny (if thats you in the profile pic)
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    Registered User JumpyChickenFTW's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 8
    Rep Power: 0
    JumpyChickenFTW is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    JumpyChickenFTW is offline
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    I'm not trying to be a jerk. You asked, so I'll answer...

    Your issue is not wide hips. Your issue is looking/being untrained and under muscled. You need a good 20 pounds of muscle on your frame at a minimum, unless your goal is to be 110 pounds and look sickly.
    Thanks for being honest.
    I have been weight training for 3 months but it seems that I am not able to put any muscle. Some suggestions?
    Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    Moderator SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2007
    Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Posts: 49,902
    Rep Power: 1286472
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    SuffolkPunch is offline
    Originally Posted by JumpyChickenFTW View Post
    Thanks for being honest.
    I have been weight training for 3 months but it seems that I am not able to put any muscle. Some suggestions?
    You need longer than that - but also you need a good program with progressive overload (see Fierce 5 in Workout Programs section). You also need to eat a slight surplus of calories and enough protein in your diet.
    Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    Registered User JumpyChickenFTW's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 8
    Rep Power: 0
    JumpyChickenFTW is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    JumpyChickenFTW is offline
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    You need longer than that - but also you need a good program with progressive overload (see Fierce 5 in Workout Programs section). You also need to eat a slight surplus of calories and enough protein in your diet.
    Also, is my pelvis actually wide? I read online that the average pelvis size for a 6'3'' guy is around 34''. So is my ribcage small?
    Reply With Quote

  11. #11
    Moderator SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2007
    Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Posts: 49,902
    Rep Power: 1286472
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    SuffolkPunch is offline
    Originally Posted by JumpyChickenFTW View Post
    Also, is my pelvis actually wide? I read online that the average pelvis size for a 6'3'' guy is around 34''. So is my ribcage small?
    I don't know dude. Put it this way: what are you going to do if I say yes?
    Reply With Quote

  12. #12
    Registered User CommitmentRulz's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2017
    Location: United States
    Age: 61
    Posts: 6,942
    Rep Power: 68985
    CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    CommitmentRulz is offline
    OP, EVERY normal male has a wider pelvis/hips than waist - unless they are fat. You are worrying about a non-issue...
    Reply With Quote

  13. #13
    Registered User JumpyChickenFTW's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 8
    Rep Power: 0
    JumpyChickenFTW is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    JumpyChickenFTW is offline

    Update!

    Just a followup.

    postimg

    [dot]

    cc/PCWQN2q8

    Been working out in my home gym.
    Progress or just better posing?

    Also, genetics suck.
    Same insecurities as before, just with a new one: are my clavicles short?
    Attached Images
    Reply With Quote

  14. #14
    Moderator SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2007
    Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Posts: 49,902
    Rep Power: 1286472
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    SuffolkPunch is offline
    If you know it's just an insecurity - then why nurture it? One thing's for certain, I'm not going to play along.

    Same with genetics. You probably have totally average genetics - most people do. You just have a mental hangup which causes you to use it as a reason for not succeeding. Stop doing that! Work hard instead!

    !!
    Reply With Quote

  15. #15
    Verified Aesthetic rhadam's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2009
    Posts: 39,244
    Rep Power: 328869
    rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    rhadam is online now
    Originally Posted by JumpyChickenFTW View Post
    Just a followup.

    postimg

    [dot]

    cc/PCWQN2q8

    Been working out in my home gym.
    Progress or just better posing?

    Also, genetics suck.
    Same insecurities as before, just with a new one: are my clavicles short?
    How many times do you have to be told that you can't change your bone structure and you should stop worrying about it? If you continue to obsess about your body you will suffer severe mental detriment.
    Currently: traveling

    Last country visited: Costa Rica - 2020
    Next country booked: Netherlands + Croatia - 2020
    Reply With Quote

  16. #16
    Registered User JumpyChickenFTW's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 8
    Rep Power: 0
    JumpyChickenFTW is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    JumpyChickenFTW is offline
    Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    How many times do you have to be told that you can't change your bone structure and you should stop worrying about it? If you continue to obsess about your body you will suffer severe mental detriment.
    I know that I could suffer mental detriment but I am not able to let go of the thought of my body.

    I think I need assurance that I have a perfectly average physique and will look good once I put on muscle and loose fat.

    Will try not to think about it too much.
    Reply With Quote

  17. #17
    Verified Aesthetic rhadam's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2009
    Posts: 39,244
    Rep Power: 328869
    rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    rhadam is online now
    Originally Posted by JumpyChickenFTW View Post
    I know that I could suffer mental detriment but I am not able to let go of the thought of my body.

    I think I need assurance that I have a perfectly average physique and will look good once I put on muscle and loose fat.

    Will try not to think about it too much.
    You are who you are. Stop comparing yourself to others as there will ALWAYS be someone with a better physique, more handsome face, more money, better job, etc etc etc. The sooner you accept yourself for the things you do well, and the things you can improve on, the better your life will be. Work on self love, but also look for areas to improve. Areas we may be lacking don't need to be looked at as negatives, they can be looked at as challenges to conquer. It's all about your mindset. If you work on the things i've outlined, you will be far ahead of your peers.
    Currently: traveling

    Last country visited: Costa Rica - 2020
    Next country booked: Netherlands + Croatia - 2020
    Reply With Quote

  18. #18
    Registered User BBryan098's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2015
    Age: 25
    Posts: 53
    Rep Power: 92
    BBryan098 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBryan098 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBryan098 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBryan098 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBryan098 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBryan098 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBryan098 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBryan098 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBryan098 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBryan098 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBryan098 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    BBryan098 is offline
    Seems to me that you're simply skinny fat. That's it. I don't think your condition has much to do with your wide hips. It's just body fat. You may be storing most of your body fat on your hips because of genetics and/ or the low testosterone. The solution will always be to build muscle. Once you have some decent muscle on your body, do a cut to get rid of the fat, and you'll look great. If you want a bigger shoulder to waist ratio then focus on building bigger shoulders, especially wider side delts, which will give the illusion of a narrower waist.

    You've only been training for 3 months. This is a long process. I suggest you make sure your nutrition, workout program, consistency, etc are all on point if you want to change your body. Read some stickies, and learn as much as you can about how to bulk/ cut properly.
    Reply With Quote

  19. #19
    Registered User xilk's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 79
    Rep Power: 67
    xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    xilk is offline
    As stated above, you can't change you genetics, only work with what you got, for better or worse.
    Time spent obsessing over it is much better spent working out.
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts