Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
    iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by VegasLifter26 View Post
    Gaethje didnt even have a full training camp, of course hes going to be a bit tired fighting a guy like fergie. I think Justin is bigger than most of khabib's opponents...its harder to wrestle someone bigger...but you are right justin will most likely get taken down..lets see if he can scramble and get back up...i think alvarez took him down in their fight not sure if anyone else has

Poitier took him down but he was able to get right back up

Still think khabib’s grappling is next level compared to everyone else and he’ll end up mauling 5 rounds with some sketchy stand up like the iaquinta fight
    watchout your comments boyo ↓

Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I feel bad for Tony, this sucks, to have a 12 fight win streak cut short like that and never actually get to fight for the title, ****! Even if we ever get Khabib vs Tony it will never be the same as them on their win streaks and Tony will be damn near 40 years old anyway, 33 year old Tony vs Khabib would be the real fight that we never got.

sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by etet1919 View Post
    I just saw the replay (I missed it last night). This proves it for me- power bombs win over cardio conditioning (he was conservative with his power too).

Also, contained adrenaline was the key for him. Gaethje told Rogan, knowingly and humbly, immediately after the fight, that it was all 'adrenaline and mindset' driving him throughout.

I liked how Gaethje spoke up and told parents to "raise their kids right." He was straightforward in his message, reminding them that their kids follow their lead...behave the way they behave. And they need to BE a good example for them! He explained how he's destructive in the cage, but outside of it, he's a good compassionate person who wants to help others by working with delinquent youth groups. Wow!!

Tony is a piece of steel...superhuman toughness!! Wow!! Extraordinarily humble and intelligent. I think he'll recover very nicely. He's that mentally tough! I'm just incredibly impressed with both gentlemen (fighters)! I wish I had seen it in full last night. I didn't know the damage Tony took.
    You can find plenty of examples where this isn't the case. I.e: Conor vs Nate 1, Stipe vs Ngannou, almost any Max Holloway fight, etc

Tony just had zero answer for anything Justin threw at him, you can have all the cardio conditioning in the world but if you can't avoid getting hit you're screwed. Not to mention Justin was throwing pretty hard but had a very good gas tank to justify it. Not many fighters can throw the bombs he did and not gas out hard. Not to mention the guy has a heart of a champion, guys like that would rather fall on their own sword than pack it in.

With that said tho I think Justin vs Khabib would be very interesting. We know almost nothing about Justin's wrestling ability in the cage because he never uses it. But we do know that he was a very good wrestler in college. Khabib has not faced a high-level wrestler/grappler. You have to go all the way back to Tibau for that and we know the controversy behind that fight. But that was awhile ago. Justin looks better than ever and I don't wanna b accused of sucking his dink but I think he has the best chance out of anybody in that division. If Justin can't beat Khabib I don't know who else can. Maybe a Ferguson that starts throwing elbows from the bottom position and does some next level 9th Planet BJJ we've never seen before and catches Khabib?

DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TrueTruth View Post
    Easy to say "defend the takedowns". Conor thought he could, then Dustin studied the tapes and thought he could, and the other 26 guys who Khabib smashed thought a lot of things too.
    Neither one of those two have Gaethje's D1 wrestling pedigree.
    1500 Competition Total 560/370/570 (11/1/2014)

Workout Journal:

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128354811&p=1605185251#post1605185251

superman704 is just really nice. (+1000) superman704 is just really nice. (+1000) superman704 is just really nice. (+1000) superman704 is just really nice. (+1000) superman704 is just really nice. (+1000) superman704 is just really nice. (+1000) superman704 is just really nice. (+1000) superman704 is just really nice. (+1000) superman704 is just really nice. (+1000) superman704 is just really nice. (+1000) superman704 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Groce View Post
    I feel bad for Tony, this sucks, to have a 12 fight win streak cut short like that and never actually get to fight for the title, ****! Even if we ever get Khabib vs Tony it will never be the same as them on their win streaks and Tony will be damn near 40 years old anyway, 33 year old Tony vs Khabib would be the real fight that we never got.
    I saw the fight, amazing fight, age plays a role, Tony is 36, I always feel like fighters should retire at 36, except maybe a few a few exceptions
    John 3:16

Natty for life
    Red for life
    I'm not really 50, I'm 43, idk how to change the age
    Autism crew (Asperger's syndrome)
    High test crew
    Bald crew
    MAGA crew
    Guys stop making me green! I actually enjoy being red! It's more alpha!
    Born again Christian crew

feminine and fast-twitch etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sooby View Post
    You can find plenty of examples where this isn't the case. I.e: Conor vs Nate 1, Stipe vs Ngannou, almost any Max Holloway fight, etc

Tony just had zero answer for anything Justin threw at him, you can have all the cardio conditioning in the world but if you can't avoid getting hit you're screwed. Not to mention Justin was throwing pretty hard but had a very good gas tank to justify it. Not many fighters can throw the bombs he did and not gas out hard. Not to mention the guy has a heart of a champion, guys like that would rather fall on their own sword than pack it in.

With that said tho I think Justin vs Khabib would be very interesting. We know almost nothing about Justin's wrestling ability in the cage because he never uses it. But we do know that he was a very good wrestler in college. Khabib has not faced a high-level wrestler/grappler. You have to go all the way back to Tibau for that and we know the controversy behind that fight. But that was awhile ago. Justin looks better than ever and I don't wanna b accused of sucking his dink but I think he has the best chance out of anybody in that division. If Justin can't beat Khabib I don't know who else can. Maybe a Ferguson that starts throwing elbows from the bottom position and does some next level 9th Planet BJJ we've never seen before and catches Khabib?
    From what I understand, Tony dosen't cover up enough- likes to leave himself more open. That style didn't work on someone as precise and powerful as Gaethje. What was his camp thinking? But both fighters just wanted to trade blows on their feet.. as if they wanted their striking and cardio abilities "equally" matched and compared.

I wonder why Justin rarely uses his wrestling skills... I think he likes to "show off" his KO power. He uses his natural adrenaline to his advantage in this way. But as he recently stated, he had to learn to "control his enthusiasm" for brawling so he could reach his potential, technically. That's what everyone saw in this fight. Control, patience and cool calculation.

I admit I haven't been following UFC regularly, so there are many fighters I'm not familiar with. I have to start watching again. There will be some great fights coming up real soon, thanks to Dana, Disney, Trump, the heart and soul of these unique champions and their fans. Can't wait to see Nunes, for example. But I wish it was Cyborg vs. Nunes 2.
    Fact: My first-generation uncle was a boxer who fought Sugar Ray Robinson! He also fought in the war, sacrificing the career he deeply loved, so people could have the right to freedom.

Let's show RESPECT for the POLICE and ALL FIRST RESPONDERS by helping to keep THEM SAFE AND SOUND, and thereby able to PROTECT US!

TonyTriangles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyTriangles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyTriangles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyTriangles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyTriangles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyTriangles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyTriangles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyTriangles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyTriangles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyTriangles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyTriangles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by nikeoneplatinum View Post
    Really feel bad for Tony, to have still not gotten a chance to fight for the real belt is a shame, hopefully he heals up and comes back, and the ufc makes him win 1 fight to put himself right back in line for a chance, guy deserves a shot sooner than later at his age.
    How can somebody take a beating like that and come back normal? His head took some crazy shots and he came back hungry for more. There’s a good chance he has some brain damage from all of that abuse
    US Navy Vet
    Misc bjj crew
    Aweir

TrueTruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TrueTruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TrueTruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TrueTruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TrueTruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TrueTruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TrueTruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TrueTruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TrueTruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TrueTruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TrueTruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Groce View Post
    I'm one of the few who doesn't feel bad for Tony at all. He volunteered for the fight and talked chit about Khabib dodging instead of waiting for him. All this crap about "I'm in the best shape of my life" and "I've been training since November", walking around with a stupid baseball. Come on. Way too much ego. I feel like that overinflated ego caused him to feel invincible against Gaethje in the first rounds, trying to be cocky to show how he doesn't care about being punched, until his brain finally said "fuk that chit you idiot" and gave up in round 5. Khabib is right when he calls Tony a very stupid guy. One thing I like about Khabib is that he respects his opponents and their abilities, he'll never allow himself to be a Hollywood punching bag because he knows that he will lose.

KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Fuk this.

Fuk MMA

Fuk the UFC organization...

Fighting is kinda stupid anyway, why do we even do it theres no point to any of it
    A lot of girls say I'm built like a "Tank"
    BENCH: getting there
    DEADLIFT: getting there
    SQUAT: bout 350
    #TRUMP2020

iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I wonder if making weight for no reason made tony peak 3 weeks early and not able to recover/peak again in time for gaethje. Tony little bit stupid guy.
    watchout your comments boyo ↓

scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by KingSWRV View Post
    Fuk this.

Fuk MMA

Fighting is kinda stupid anyway, why do we even do it theres no point to any of it
    u mad bro???
    MinisterOfLust: scooterbrah and Mcfreoko are the two worst posters here.

sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Fuk this.

Fuk MMA

I would like to know your thoughts and commentary on the Gaethje vs Ferguson fight, especially after declaring "Gaychi" has no chance and that everybody that said he did were casuals.

bartosh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bartosh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bartosh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bartosh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bartosh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bartosh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bartosh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bartosh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bartosh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bartosh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bartosh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Fuk this.

Fuk MMA

L
    M
    F
    A
    O

cope
    MS, Computer Science
    Feel free to PM me CS questions

skinnyfat88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skinnyfat88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skinnyfat88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skinnyfat88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skinnyfat88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skinnyfat88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skinnyfat88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skinnyfat88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skinnyfat88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skinnyfat88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skinnyfat88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hell of a main event.

Tony didn't seem to make any adjustments though. I thought before the fight it's be a good idea to get Justin to the mat early to make him think about having to defend a takedown.

Has Tony ever made noticeable adjustments or does he just rely on forcing his opponents into a war of attrition if they're landing some shots on him?

OttomanEmpire is a name known to all. (+5000) OttomanEmpire is a name known to all. (+5000) OttomanEmpire is a name known to all. (+5000) OttomanEmpire is a name known to all. (+5000) OttomanEmpire is a name known to all. (+5000) OttomanEmpire is a name known to all. (+5000) OttomanEmpire is a name known to all. (+5000) OttomanEmpire is a name known to all. (+5000) OttomanEmpire is a name known to all. (+5000) OttomanEmpire is a name known to all. (+5000) OttomanEmpire is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Fuk this.

Fuk MMA

Honestly man like literally all of your predictions have been wrong.
    Exalted Ottoman State
    دولت عليه عثمانیه‎
    Devlet-i ʿAlīye-i ʿOsmānīye
    c. 1299–Present

KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sooby View Post
    I would like to know your thoughts and commentary on the Gaethje vs Ferguson fight, especially after declaring "Gaychi" has no chance and that everybody that said he did were casuals.
    Obviously it wasn’t Canon Tony doofus

He’s damn near 40 and he wasn’t as effective anymore.

He lost the edge, the speed and the power that made him who he was and it’s always sad to see and accept. I try to ignore those elements in fight predictions because it’s too raw.

Screw off
    A lot of girls say I'm built like a "Tank"
    BENCH: getting there
    DEADLIFT: getting there
    SQUAT: bout 350
    #TRUMP2020

Obviously it wasn’t Canon Tony doofus

He’s damn near 40 and he wasn’t as effective anymore.

He lost the edge, the speed and the power that made him who he was and it’s always sad to see and accept. I try to ignore those elements in fight predictions because it’s too raw.

Screw off
    lol C-O-P-E

Blazenwave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blazenwave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blazenwave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blazenwave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blazenwave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blazenwave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blazenwave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blazenwave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blazenwave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blazenwave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blazenwave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Justin Gaethje will be the biggest framed man Khabib has fought so far. Khabib is a stocky bastard with a fat head, he's always bigger than his opponents because he cuts so much weight, Dustin was smaller by a good amount.

So hopefully Gaethje at 5'11 and a stocky frame himself will not get ragdolled by Khabib's wrestling like what he does to the smaller guys. We will see, I think even if Khabib wins he will truly look human in the octagon with Gaethje.
    "Most people overestimate what they can do in a year, and underestimate what they can do in ten years"