philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Power Racks with High/Low and Cable Crossovers

I am interested in a powerrack with high/low pulley system and cable crossovers. I am going to post the ones I have seen on the internet along with what I see as their pro's and cons's. I am wondering if others can give their input on the pro's and con's and post links to other options for powerracks with a high/low pulley system and cable crossovers that they have seen on the internet.

1. https://fitarchon.com/product/archon...er-attachment/

Pros:
    1. Cost/value
    2. The features on the powerrack. Built in expansion to store weights and band pegs are nice features for a budget power rack.

Con's:
    1. Takes up a fair amount of floor space
    2. Now weight stacks (though at this price point, I am 100% cool with that)
    3. Cheaper powerrack. Its 14 gauge steel, which is fine. That is what my current powerrack. But I want to upgrade my powerrack whereas this feels like a similar powerrack with more features. I wish they used 12 gauge steel so mentally I could think I am getting a high quality powerrack.

Overall: Of the four options I have seen, I may be leaning towards this option because it seems like the most value for your dollar. I love the features on the powerrace like expansion for the weight holders and band pegs. Just wished the power rack was a bit stronger. This feels like home gym quality with a lot of cool options.

2. https://www.fitnesssuperstore.com/Bo...YaAi9CEALw_wcB

Pros
    1. 12 gauge steel with 2x3 tubing makes me think the powerrack is decent quality.
    2. The pulley systems look like they are fairly high quality.
    3. It would all but be impossible to find a powerrack with high/low pulley system and cable crossovers that takes up less floor space
    4. Has relatively cheap ($200) option to upgrade the weight stacks
    5. Has built in weight stacks

Cons
    1. Cost. After you add in the $200 upgrade to the weight stacks you are talking about $3200, plus tax I'd pull the trigger in a second if it was $2,000 to $2,5000, but its current price point makes me look at the Archon model harder as you seem to get more value for your dollar.
    2. Powerrack doesn't have any cool features like the plate holders or band pegs that the Archon does.
    3. No much possibility for powerrack accessories (though I don't want many. A dip bar would be nice and they have one of them for this powerrack)

Overall: If money wasn't a big factor, this would be top choice of the ones linked to in this thread

3. https://www.nlfit.com/strength/funct...nlftpr150.html

Pros
    1. Looks like a fairly high quality rack
    2. Has option to upgrade the weight stacks
    3. Has built in weight stacks
    4. I like the pull up bar

Cost:
    1. Cannot use safety bars for squatting or benching, so not safe. A key thing you look for in home gym
    2. Cost is up there. Probably 3k after upgrading weight stack.
    3. Cannot tell for sure but it looks like you may have less than 24 inches in rack so not very function as a powerrack. If it does have 24 inches depth in the power rack area whoever took the pictures didn't understand how important that depth was to lifters because the angles minimize it.

Overall: It seems like a lot of money and a suboptimal power rack. No safety pins make it dangerous to exercise alone which is what most people are doing in garage gyms. This is a pass for me.

4. https://www.forceusa.com/products/my...ver-attachment

It is hard for me to comment because the option to build your own rack is not available because they are out of stock. I wish they would let you build your own rack so you could get a feel for what the price would be. This looks like it would be quite a bit more expensive than the Archon one which is the other one that doesn't have built in weight stacks, but if the rack was a lot higher quality I would be willing to pay more.

What I really wish is that Titan would create a cable crossover attachment for their T-3 Series. I like their tall T-3 with a high low pulley system ($750). If they created a cable crossover attachment for around $750 that may become my first choice as I would feel I am getting a great rack plus the high low pulley system and cable crossover. Right now the Archon option is my top choice because its looks like a lot of value. I just wish the rack was more heavy duty.

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Based on what I know and have experienced with these brands, I would rank them:

1. Bodycraft
    2. ForceUSA
    3. Northern Lights
    4. Archon

I wouldn't personally buy any of them though. If I was going to buy a combo unit, cost be damned, I would go with Legend's unit: https://www.legendfitness.com/produc...ion-half-cage/

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Newyorkbarbell has nice offerings for fair prices, crossover attachment for their racks as well. Lots of attachments to choose from.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TheShadowMan View Post
    Newyorkbarbell has nice offerings for fair prices, crossover attachment for their racks as well. Lots of attachments to choose from.
    I went to their website and checked out their options. I love that they have a high quality rack made with 11 gauge steel. The only thing I don't like is it would be hard to do the standing overhead press with their setup. Thanks for the information.

Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    Based on what I know and have experienced with these brands, I would rank them:

1. Bodycraft
    2. ForceUSA
    3. Northern Lights
    4. Archon

I wouldn't personally buy any of them though. If I was going to buy a combo unit, cost be damned, I would go with Legend's unit: https://www.legendfitness.com/produc...ion-half-cage/
    That unit looks awesome though I would downgrade because I like to squat and bench inside four posts for safety reasons. It also worries me when they don't show you the price upfront. Usually the means it will be too expensive for me.

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by philibusters View Post
    That unit looks awesome though I would downgrade because I like to squat and bench inside four posts for safety reasons. It also worries me when they don't show you the price upfront. Usually the means it will be too expensive for me.
    They don't show their prices up front because their equipment is built to your order, so most orders aren't the same. Their prices are very reasonable , especially considering the quality you receive.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by philibusters View Post
    No risk benching/squatting with the spotter arms outside the rack there. The machine is 1,500 lbs without the weight stack upgrade; it isn't tipping over. Last time I checked the price on this machine with the weight stack upgrade and no other changes it was about $4,900 + shipping.

jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you're going that route, go Prime Fitness
    ---------------------------------------
    "Fast is not fast enough, strong is not strong enough."
    ----------------------------------------

Another possible option from Valor Fitness... https://www.valorfitness.com/BD-7BCC...nts_p_633.html

ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jamesovercome View Post
    If you're going that route, go Prime Fitness
    They seem to have really nailed this concept. Granted you basically get a half rack but that should be fine for most people anyway.