slajifras has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slajifras has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slajifras has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slajifras has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wobbly bench press

When I bench press at home, I have 40 pounds on each side of my barbell hanging off of it in a bucket. I don't have enough plates to reach a relevant weight for bench pressing without using my bucket method.

When I press the weight, the buckets move back and forth like crazy making it much harder than bench pressing 260 pounds with steady weight. Especially towards the beginning where I'm banging them out faster.

Today I got it for 9 reps comfortably, putting me at an estimated one rep max of 338 pounds with wobbly weight. I have been obsessing over the conversion from wobbly weight to what I would be able to do if I had access to an olympic barbell with steady weight. I am mainly curious to know if my strength is currently on par to hit a (steady) weight of 355 pounds or if that number would still be too optimistic for me. I have nailed 350 in the past but it was extraordinarily tough for me.

Anyone have any personal experience with wobbly weight and what it was like to go back to steady weight?

I have seen both Eddie Hall and Julius Maddox incorporate wobbly training in their programs. Well, back when Eddie hall actually lifted weights, I mean.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I wouldn't bother trying to work out a ratio, in a lift really.
    It will most likely drive regular bench up in general, but you may need a few sessions to get used to the normal movement pattern once you do regular bench again, so don't jump in with what you think you should lift and risk a fail when you do get back.
    2018 Log
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175232661

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

slajifras has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slajifras has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slajifras has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slajifras has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    I wouldn't bother trying to work out a ratio, in a lift really.
    It will most likely drive regular bench up in general, but you may need a few sessions to get used to the normal movement pattern once you do regular bench again, so don't jump in with what you think you should lift and risk a fail when you do get back.
    Gotcha. Anxiety has me freaking out while doing my home workouts thinking I'm getting weaker because I can't do as many wobbly reps with the same weight I used in the gym lol

I'll err on the side of caution and play it safe when they eventually let me back in the gym. Maybe work up 10 pounds a week or something The last thing I want is to get crushed by 300-whatever pounds. Have already gotten crushed by 260 thanks to having no spotter in quarantine, that was painful enough for me lol