EndC0da is on a distinguished road. (+10)

HELP with wrestling programming

Trying to get fitter for my sophomore year of wrestling, trying to look for a good, effective plan to make me a better athlete, a lot of the information is conflicting/confusing so I'm kinda stuck.

Any help would be incredibly appreciated

CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well first go fist yourself.

Glad we could help you.
    R.I.P. Hector Bluntz
    I am sex yor butt.
    Sick Duck Crew.
    Stroke crew
    Mortal Enema Crew.
    Intent to penetrate Crew.
    https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Kitchen-Dining-Potholders/zgbs/kitchen/678537011

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

boredmeathead is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think first you can't forget that even the most sub-optimal program is infinitely better than not training, especially when young.
    I was a decent wrestler in high school and I was doing a bodybuilding program that made no sense for wrestling at all.

The challenge of wrestling training is there is no aspect of strength and conditioning that isn't needed.

If I had a kid I would have them do squats, deadlift, standing military press, I would be careful with bench press because so often it turns into training for bench/powerlifting instead of training for your sport.

I would absolutely get a $40 bulgarian bag from amazon to do some of those movements for conditioning. Until you get a bulgarian bag you can look up a plate workout/"the nebraska' I have heard it called for conditioning.

If you look up Jordan Burroughs, Kyle Snyder and Abdulrashid Sadulaev workout videos on youtube, you can see how different each one trains.

Ultimately, don't be afraid to be an empiricist and learn to be the coach of your own body. Experiment and see what works best for you based on the results you get. Information is confusing/conflicting because we are all just making this up as we go. Programs are just the empirical findings that some coach used and decided to try to teach it to other people. There is no further basis than that. Most training "science" is actually scientism as in the cosmetic application of science and scientific language in unwarranted situations.
    Last edited by boredmeathead; 05-13-2020 at 08:50 AM.