Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: how is my form?

Datboileg is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ECGordyn View Post
    For DL, show your feet next time, and take from a few different angles: direct side, side and back, side and front. It's easier to see everything that's happening with the body, all the way down to bar starting position and ankle rotation (which affects hip rotation).

It looks like you're pulling with your back more than pushing with your legs. You might set up with your hips just a bit lower and with the bar an inch away from your shins. Tighten your lats like someone is trying to tickle your armpits. Drive the floor away from you like you're doing a leg press.

Also, make your lockout stronger. Your hips look a bit soft at the top. Ram your hips into the bar by squeezing your glutes hard at the top. I always try to make the bar and plates clink no matter what weight I'm using.

This video and this lifter are great. (I personaly don't support the channel but I admire Brett Gibbs.)

ok so i took a vid from the front and side, and i took it a bit slower between reps, any improvements?

if i try to put my hips any lower i can't keep my lower back straight, you're right i do pull a lot with my lower back...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9ZD...ature=youtu.be

air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It seems better and more consistent from rep to rep than last time. Hard to tell, but your body/core just seems relaxed esp on lockout where it doesn't look like you reach vertical half the time. Might just look this way, so not sure.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    It seems better and more consistent from rep to rep than last time. Hard to tell, but your body/core just seems relaxed esp on lockout where it doesn't look like you reach vertical half the time. Might just look this way, so not sure.
    i see, i did get some lower back pain after those DL, not sure why....

Originally Posted by Datboileg View Post
    i see, i did get some lower back pain after those DL, not sure why....
    anyone?

upo