Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Payton1221 View Post
    As of Dec 31, 1999 I had $94,200 in retirement accounts. Two years later, I had $64K and by Dec 2003, I still hadn't returned to my 1999 level even though we had invested another $17K
    I was young but my uncle was an investor into a lot of speculative stocks. He got me into penny stocks, my biggest hit I bought at $.32 and I think it hit a high of $28.
    I had a bunch of .com stuff too. All my stuff went to pretty much $0. Literally.

I remember back in the days of my AOL account, logging in at night on dial up and watching the numbers grow. Then POOF....all gone
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    The key is, if and when to take profits. For me, this is getting into significant areas and I am not sure if I just roll the dice and go for long shot. I am in 7 figures if it really goes to where I am projecting. Currently in 6's so that is no small sum either. I am still leaning towards 'go big or go home'.
    True, we all probably have slightly different goals and timelines as well. I don't trade BTC but just try to increase BTC and ETH holdings for the the long term - only this can potentially make a big difference in lifestyle etc so short term action don't really affect me. I try to grow it faster "gambling" on other projects and think of it as having already lost all or gone to zero...to remove the last bit of emotion I have tied to it.
    Last edited by steffo99; 11-05-2020 at 12:30 PM.

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For my tax sheltered retirement investments asset allocation ETFs are the way I am going once things settle down, no more buying of individual stocks. We sold almost everything between summer of 2018 and summer of 2019. Only thing left is McDonalds MCD, which I would like to sell soon.

My wife is really pressing me to get further into passive income...residential rental property. We already own a commercial building that is occupied for the foreseeable future. But I am not so positive on renting to private individuals. I am thinking REITS might be the way to go, specifically ones that are focusing on Logistics properties like warehousing and shipping, data centres, and medical facilities also long term care establishments. I am also thinking residential high density REITS will be good, a lot of them got hammered recently so there are some bargains to be had...everyone has to live somewhere...its also a lot more liquid than owning a rental house. No floods or the like to deal with.
    Strength + Cardio + Proprioception = dominance

Payton1221 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Payton1221 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Payton1221 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Payton1221 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Payton1221 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Payton1221 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Payton1221 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Payton1221 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Payton1221 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Payton1221 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Payton1221 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I remember back in the days of my AOL account, logging in at night on dial up and watching the numbers grow. Then POOF....all gone
    People can talk "risk tolerance" all day long, but it's only theoretical until you've lived through a bear market I know that we slowly got back to $157k in 2008 and sometime during 2009 that was almost cut in half
    Pull-Up PR: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177233951

induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    People can talk "risk tolerance" all day long, but it's only theoretical until you've lived through a bear market I know that we slowly got back to $157k in 2008 and sometime during 2009 that was almost cut in half
    Yep. I pretty much got out of stock market completely. I had no choice but to liquidate any retirement savings I had in 2010. I went almost 4 years living completely off savings. The downside of being self employed.

I got heavily invested in rental properties with all the money I could spare except what I needed to live off of 2010-11 Captplankwell above mentioned rentals. I have managed my own rentals for the past decade now. Not always easy, but it has proven to be a good move for us. I can afford to live off what our rentals bring in and they are all owned. I would not be living high on the hog if I relied solely on that, but the lights will stay on.

I would like to do more rentals and might even be willing to take on a small amount of debt to do so but the real-estate market is too hot and I dont see the upsides to buying any at the current prices. Up to this point, I have always operated without incurring any debt, either personally or business. But with the stability that has come from rentals, I could see mortgaging a few to fee up capital to buy additional ones. My formula for this would require at least a 10% return annually on investment not factoring property value into equation. This was easy to do when there were a lot of foreclosures but not so much right now.

That is what brought me back to stocks recently. I had just about enough for another property set aside, but I invested with a friend who works for fidelity. I put in mostly ETF and some stocks. That said, buying the COVID dip has netted us 30% YTD, but expected it could see a BIG dip soon. Contemplated selling but just going to start looking more long term and wake up and try to make my money by working and let the investments ride.
    RAW lifts

_zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yep. I pretty much got out of stock market completely. I had no choice but to liquidate any retirement savings I had in 2010. I went almost 4 years living completely off savings. The downside of being self employed.

I got heavily invested in rental properties with all the money I could spare except what I needed to live off of 2010-11 Captplankwell above mentioned rentals. I have managed my own rentals for the past decade now. Not always easy, but it has proven to be a good move for us. I can afford to live off what our rentals bring in and they are all owned. I would not be living high on the hog if I relied solely on that, but the lights will stay on.

I would like to do more rentals and might even be willing to take on a small amount of debt to do so but the real-estate market is too hot and I dont see the upsides to buying any at the current prices. Up to this point, I have always operated without incurring any debt, either personally or business. But with the stability that has come from rentals, I could see mortgaging a few to fee up capital to buy additional ones. My formula for this would require at least a 10% return annually on investment not factoring property value into equation. This was easy to do when there were a lot of foreclosures but not so much right now.

That is what brought me back to stocks recently. I had just about enough for another property set aside, but I invested with a friend who works for fidelity. I put in mostly ETF and some stocks. That said, buying the COVID dip has netted us 30% YTD, but expected it could see a BIG dip soon. Contemplated selling but just going to start looking more long term and wake up and try to make my money by working and let the investments ride.
    Originally Posted by Cantplankwell View Post
    For my tax sheltered retirement investments asset allocation ETFs are the way I am going once things settle down, no more buying of individual stocks. We sold almost everything between summer of 2018 and summer of 2019. Only thing left is McDonalds MCD, which I would like to sell soon.

My wife is really pressing me to get further into passive income...residential rental property. We already own a commercial building that is occupied for the foreseeable future. But I am not so positive on renting to private individuals. I am thinking REITS might be the way to go, specifically ones that are focusing on Logistics properties like warehousing and shipping, data centres, and medical facilities also long term care establishments. I am also thinking residential high density REITS will be good, a lot of them got hammered recently so there are some bargains to be had...everyone has to live somewhere...its also a lot more liquid than owning a rental house. No floods or the like to deal with.
    When I invested in real-estate, I did the unthinkable. I compared my capital investment to what it would have made in the S&P 500 during that time frame and it wasn't even close. Even if the S&P 500 had average returns, I would have made more in the S&P 500 with no headaches. It became a no brainer to me anyways that I didn't want to be involved in residential rentals. What's interesting though is there's plenty of funds that outperform the S&P 500 where the majority of my portfolio is now. 12% over the last few decades is pretty hard to beat to for me.

Sure there are better avenues for sure for real-estate, and if you leverage properly you can make more money. Also, passive income would be nice, tax benefits etc, extending your diversification. But there are so many decisions on what to buy, when to buy, and as an analyst that's just too much work for me. It seems to work for people over time, by gaining experience and going with your gut without having to analyze everything so deeply maybe.

But since I sold my properties, I haven't looked back and I'm happy so far sticking with ETFs and index funds anyway. Wish you both luck. I'm at least somewhat diversified by owning my own home, but I'm looking for another avenue that makes sense to keep diversifying the retirement fund.
    ★★★ A State of Trance Crew ★★★
    ♞♞♞ Misc Horse Head Crew ♞♞♞

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by _zman View Post
    When I invested in real-estate, I did the unthinkable. I compared my capital investment to what it would have made in the S&P 500 during that time frame and it wasn't even close. Even if the S&P 500 had average returns, I would have made more in the S&P 500 with no headaches. It became a no brainer to me anyways that I didn't want to be involved in residential rentals. What's interesting though is there's plenty of funds that outperform the S&P 500 where the majority of my portfolio is now. 12% over the last few decades is pretty hard to beat to for me.

Sure there are better avenues for sure for real-estate, and if you leverage properly you can make more money. Also, passive income would be nice, tax benefits etc, extending your diversification. But there are so many decisions on what to buy, when to buy, and as an analyst that's just too much work for me. It seems to work for people over time, by gaining experience and going with your gut without having to analyze everything so deeply maybe.

But since I sold my properties, I haven't looked back and I'm happy so far sticking with ETFs and index funds anyway. Wish you both luck. I'm at least somewhat diversified by owning my own home, but I'm looking for another avenue that makes sense to keep diversifying the retirement fund.
    Good points, if you own your home. You are already invested in real estate. We have had a bit of luck over the years. We purchased our first home when the market was depressed, then sold it later privately with a small amount of appreciation, we moved from it to our present home which was built for us...in 2003, just before things took off in the last boom...directly from the builder. It has increased conservatively 150% since then. Sooner or later we are going to downsize and move "down market" to lock in our gains. Since neither my wife nor I have a "defined benefits" pension plan this is a certainty.
    Last edited by Cantplankwell; 11-05-2020 at 05:46 PM. Reason: change from 250 to 150 LOL

Payton1221 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Payton1221 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Payton1221 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Payton1221 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Payton1221 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Payton1221 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Payton1221 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Payton1221 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Payton1221 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Payton1221 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Payton1221 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    What's interesting though is there's plenty of funds that outperform the S&P 500 where the majority of my portfolio is now.
    There's plenty that outperform the S&P 500 every year, but every year it's predominately different funds. I don't know if anyone remembers Kaufmann fund from the 90's. They CRUSHED the S&P for a few years, and then they couldn't, but they rode their fame out as long as they could initially touting how they beat the S&P over the last 3, 5, and 10 years. In time, their claim to fame was how they had beat the S&P over the last 5 and 10 years. Etc.

For the average investor wanting to invest in equities, a low fee S&P 500 index fund is going to be very hard to beat.

A very good sign for Bitcoin. As this is surging, a check of Google searches suggests this price drive has little to do with FOMO. Fear of missing out. During the last drive, searches for bitcoin price surged tremendously as the buying went on and on raising the price to a high of 20k.

A check of current google searches dont show this pattern this time around suggesting that from Retail investors, the buying may be driven by different forces.

Just an interesting thought. Some HUGE wall st money going into BTC from corporations. I think the next few months will be interesting!
    RAW lifts

BTC broke and is holding 16k (16450 currently) after making a few runs at it and failing.

I was not thinking it would be moving this fast. I was thinking more a consolidation over next 30 days +/- 1000-1500 if there were any big dumps. If it can hold dumps (which it looks like it has passing 16) I think this wont stop and it will make 20.....or more.

Anybody wanting to get in can buy Grayscale BTC trust and not have to buy actual BTC.

I am still not selling at 20, but might sell a few coins and lock in some profit. Really dont want to do it on this calendar year though, so I might just be riding.
    RAW lifts

_zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There's plenty that outperform the S&P 500 every year, but every year it's predominately different funds. I don't know if anyone remembers Kaufmann fund from the 90's. They CRUSHED the S&P for a few years, and then they couldn't, but they rode their fame out as long as they could initially touting how they beat the S&P over the last 3, 5, and 10 years. In time, their claim to fame was how they had beat the S&P over the last 5 and 10 years. Etc.

For the average investor wanting to invest in equities, a low fee S&P 500 index fund is going to be very hard to beat.
    I know of too many to list that have outperformed the S&P 500. Depends on the timeframe, mine is a few decades.

I know of too many to list that have outperformed the S&P 500. Depends on the timeframe, mine is a few decades.
    I don't care what funds HAVE (past tense) beat the index, but I would be interested in those that WILL beat the index, so name three that'll beat it 12 months from today

I don't think that anyone can consistently pick funds that beat the S&P 500 index.

I don't care what funds HAVE (past tense) beat the index, but I would be interested in those that WILL beat the index, so name three that'll beat it 12 months from today

I don't think that anyone can consistently pick funds that beat the S&P 500 index.
    That's too short a time frame for me to consider using indexes, and that's not what they're designed for, especially in a volatile market.
    Last edited by _zman; 11-15-2020 at 11:12 AM.

BTC headed to 18k. Now it gets very challenging wondering if and when pullback is coming. My dollar cost avg on additional amount I put in is approx. 10500. But pretty sure this will go 20+ And there is a possibility of 50k in near future. I say "possibility" with a good amount of skepticism. But that would be following patterns from some of it's last runs.
    RAW lifts

steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Close to 19k now. Wonder how big the corrections will be going forward? Last bull run I believe there were some 30%-ish ones, but since this has not been fueled by retail as much and more institutions seeing it as a store of value given the money printing times, I think it will be a bit more stable. But who knows. The only really big hit it can take as I can see this time around is some event around Tether and government going after them etc. And I don't know if that Japaneese guy responsible for selling off Mt Gox BTC, that dumped a bunch some yr ago, still sits on some...probably not.

Originally Posted by steffo99 View Post
    Close to 19k now. Wonder how big the corrections will be going forward? Last bull run I believe there were some 30%-ish ones, but since this has not been fueled by retail as much and more institutions seeing it as a store of value given the money printing times, I think it will be a bit more stable. But who knows. The only really big hit it can take as I can see this time around is some event around Tether and government going after them etc. And I don't know if that Japaneese guy responsible for selling off Mt Gox BTC, that dumped a bunch some yr ago, still sits on some...probably not.
    Yep, watching closely. There are a few big wall at 17200 and 17500 that make a large pull back unlikely.

Feel pretty good about 20, but with some consolidation if it can keep above 17, I think we are possibly looking at 50k by years end.

This run is different as it is being driven on instructional side. FOMO, fear of missing out is not thought to be a big player. We are not seeing the google searches, etc like it was last time. Lots of intuitional money coming in at the 100's of millions.

I am holding long term so if there is a pull back Im cool with it. I am thinking 100k in 2021 is not out of question. For me the upside is worth the loss if it does not hit those levels. I look at it this way, I am playing odds of (from current prices) a 5x payout vs .5x cut. Good "pot odds" to stay in the game.
    RAW lifts

Nice holiday. Nice run up to almost 20 with healthy sell off to low 17, and pushing 19600 again. VAST majority is intuitional with 100's of millions coming in.

Things are looking quite nice. I think 30k is not unrealistic before years end. 2021 conservative 50k, 100k high end. With firms like JP Morgan now advising allocation of 1-3%, if this starts to approach gold market cap of ONLY personal holding, it would equate to a valuation of 300k bitcoin.

Still hodling!
    RAW lifts

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nice holiday. Nice run up to almost 20 with healthy sell off to low 17, and pushing 19600 again. VAST majority is intuitional with 100's of millions coming in.

Things are looking quite nice. I think 30k is not unrealistic before years end. 2021 conservative 50k, 100k high end. With firms like JP Morgan now advising allocation of 1-3%, if this starts to approach gold market cap of ONLY personal holding, it would equate to a valuation of 300k bitcoin.

Still hodling!
    The drop will come and it will be brutal. Regulators talking about regulating it which would be good for keeping it being a safe haven for money laundering, but bad for bitcoin....I'll stick with stocks lol.

Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    The drop will come and it will be brutal. Regulators talking about regulating it which would be good for keeping it being a safe haven for money laundering, but bad for bitcoin....I'll stick with stocks lol.
    My dollar cost average is about 4k so I am not worried I understand about the verification requirements they are proposing. But in the long run, many forget BTC is global. Russia just validated ownership rights as property, and adoption across the globe is happening also.

I look at it like this. Realistic high side in 12 months is 30-50, maybe even 100. Low side is 3-5k. So it is still pretty good odds to buy at this level. But I am sitting tight. Looking at coming in close to 7 figures on payoff if it hits projected levels. Well into 6 now so this is the biggest dice roll I have ever been involved in.
    RAW lifts

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My dollar cost average is about 4k so I am not worried I understand about the verification requirements they are proposing. But in the long run, many forget BTC is global. Russia just validated ownership rights as property, and adoption across the globe is happening also.

I look at it like this. Realistic high side in 12 months is 30-50, maybe even 100. Low side is 3-5k. So it is still pretty good odds to buy at this level. But I am sitting tight. Looking at coming in close to 7 figures on payoff if it hits projected levels. Well into 6 now so this is the biggest dice roll I have ever been involved in.
    If you are in it for that cheap, I'd be holding it too...But I would be thinking about a quick exit point if regulatory changes make it start tanking. People that paid more would keep it propped up at some level just to keep from realizing the losses even if it were to go really bad (only paper until you sell)...I just inventoried physical assets a while back and holding that $hit is barely worth the risk. I think my avg for silver is around $16/oz and its only worth about $20/oz with sales load fees. I'll hold it as a hedge but its certainly not an "investment" Gold is pretty much the same. I could make far more on my brass and lead holdings since ammo is so scarce .

If you are in it for that cheap, I'd be holding it too...But I would be thinking about a quick exit point if regulatory changes make it start tanking. People that paid more would keep it propped up at some level just to keep from realizing the losses even if it were to go really bad (only paper until you sell)...I just inventoried physical assets a while back and holding that $hit is barely worth the risk. I think my avg for silver is around $16/oz and its only worth about $20/oz with sales load fees. I'll hold it as a hedge but its certainly not an "investment" Gold is pretty much the same. I could make far more on my brass and lead holdings since ammo is so scarce .

Yea I know. But with the amount of institutional money going in, I am still betting on the long game. Even if they do require the peer to peer verification, I dont think it will hamper BTC. The network will just adapt. Those that want to cheat the system, will do business outside the US, and those that want to store value will adapt. After all, like your statements of other inflationary hedges, it is more a store of value than a currency.

There are other alt coins that will fill that gap, but I am betting on BTC being digital Gold so to speak.

I have thought of 'exit' plan. I think 20 is coming any hour/day. 30 not far off. Thought about taking some if it hits 40. I bought more at 9, 10,500 and 14 on the way up. That is the only BTC I actually bought for "real money". I was going to try to pick up an extra 10 coins, but the market got too hot too fast for me. Kicking myself since I was going to buy 10 when it was down in the 4's. Instead that 40 only got me 3 coins. Dont want to risk any more than that on a hunch which can go to zero real quick! Cant see buying any more now, since we are entering uncharted waters.

Keeping my dollar cost avg low, gives me the balls to stay in the long game. If that starts shifting up to 10k/coin then I agree, I have to start thinking about saving my a$$ if it tanks
    RAW lifts

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yea I know. But with the amount of institutional money going in, I am still betting on the long game. Even if they do require the peer to peer verification, I dont think it will hamper BTC. The network will just adapt. Those that want to cheat the system, will do business outside the US, and those that want to store value will adapt. After all, like your statements of other inflationary hedges, it is more a store of value than a currency.

There are other alt coins that will fill that gap, but I am betting on BTC being digital Gold so to speak.

I have thought of 'exit' plan. I think 20 is coming any hour/day. 30 not far off. Thought about taking some if it hits 40. I bought more at 9, 10,500 and 14 on the way up. That is the only BTC I actually bought for "real money". I was going to try to pick up an extra 10 coins, but the market got too hot too fast for me. Kicking myself since I was going to buy 10 when it was down in the 4's. Instead that 40 only got me 3 coins. Dont want to risk any more than that on a hunch which can go to zero real quick! Cant see buying any more now, since we are entering uncharted waters.

Keeping my dollar cost avg low, gives me the balls to stay in the long game. If that starts shifting up to 10k/coin then I agree, I have to start thinking about saving my a$$ if it tanks
    I always like to see others winning. Glad its working out for you. I still wont touch it
    ☻/
    /▌ Dm2dm crew (---Deadlift Moar to Deadlift Moar---)
    / \ 

"Squat and pull and quit listening to the static." Jim Wendler
    Natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from. ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็

We talked about this the other night over dinner....my one son when he was in grade 6 or 7, he was really into computers at that time, IDK 9-10 years ago... wanted me to allow him to spend his own $700 to get into it. I forget the cost per unit, but I remember $700 for sure. I am sure we would have ran for the door years ago anyway. Hindsight.

Originally Posted by Cantplankwell View Post
    We talked about this the other night over dinner....my one son when he was in grade 6 or 7, he was really into computers at that time, IDK 9-10 years ago... wanted me to allow him to spend his own $700 to get into it. I forget the cost per unit, but I remember $700 for sure. I am sure we would have ran for the door years ago anyway. Hindsight.
    Yep.... Lowest I remember was 750. I got into crypto by mining 2013. When I came along, BTC had already gotten too hard for graphics card based mining, but LTC and VTC and Doge were perfect. I was only able to mine about 3 months. I built 4 rigs w/ 5 graphics cards each. Spent about $8000 on equip. Each had 2-1000w power supplies. I had to put 4-20 amp outlets in my garage. I can remember in Dec w/ freezing temps outside, my garage was about 85 deg. Big box fans running mounted over top of rigs for cooling. I had a few 800-900 power bills.

I was able to net about 1300/ week in profits. But then crypto went bust. I actually had forgotten about all my coins until in 2017 a buddy who I helped build a rig asked me if I saw what crypto was doing. I had gotten rid of the computer that I had my wallets on but saved the hard drive. I realized how much stuff bounced back. I traded all my various coins for BTC and realized I had over 6 figures in BTC now! I could have done MUCH better since I sold my LTC for BT when LTC was at 130. It eventually hit 300 before tanking relative to BTC. If I had waited on selling LTC, I could have done about 50% better into my BTC position. Anyway, glad I did not throw away the hard drive!

I have just been hodling ever since. From a peak of 20k down to 3k and now right back where I was..... But I have come to believe in it more that I have put some real money into it as well.

Originally I just wanted to make enough to buy a fun car, but I have long passed that point and am looking for an actual pay day that might make a real difference.
    RAW lifts

Dug up some old pics from my mining days.

Had it all running on remote control. All the plugs had wifi receptacles so I could do a 'hard reset' if one of the rigs went down. Boot sequence was written to automatically launch the mining program and mine.

The key was you were overclocking for MAX gpu speed. So the challenge was to find stable settings. You were always pushing the units. I would get an email if one went down. Then I would cycle the plug on/off and it would reboot if one went down.

Was a fun thing to play with.

RAW lifts

Jeez even mining had costs back when that was viable. See the traxxas on the bottom shelf. We were out for a family bike ride a few weeks ago and saw a group doing a rock crawling comp at a park. Anyway few days after that I ended up with 2 new traxxas rock crawlers for my son and I. I have a 4x4 slash that sat in the garage for years. Anyway now my son and I take hikes following our rock crawlers all over the MTB trails. Wife thought I was joking when she asked how much are cars were and told her around $1500 total . Maybe she was trying to calculate how much fabric and crafting stuff that would buy...

Jeez even mining had costs back when that was viable. .
    Yea, I started out small using an old PC w/ single card, and then started researching. Then specialized mother boards were released which allowed up to 6 cards on a board. I tried my first one and could only get 5 stable cards. At the time Nvidia's highest end cards were the best. I was buying every card I could get my hands on at 500-600/ card. Doing anything I could to get them after realizing I could net 1500/ week in profits.

Eventually I had to settle on what I could get and everything was wiped out. Power supplies, everything tapped out.

My goal was to at best break even on the initial coins. The difficulty started rising so fast I had to jump day to day mining different coins and seeking the best set-ups on the rigs I could to optimize yield.

In the end, it was overtaken to where the power bills were costing me more than I was getting. That is when I just shut everything down.

Looking back, I probably would have been better just buying BTC back in 2013. But it gave me the opportunity to learn something new which is why I enjoyed it so much. I enjoy teaching myself stuff and then trying to figure out how to do it better.

Looking back, I guess it was a little nuts spending that kind of money on hardware hoping it would pay off some day. It may turn out to be one of the best "dumb" moves of my life.
    RAW lifts

I could make far more on my brass and lead holdings since ammo is so scarce .
    I found some 357 magnum ammo in my mom's closet left by a now deceased friend. After trying to find anyone at work would could use it, I gave up. About two weeks ago I was watching the news and they had a segment about a gun store doing an ammo buyback. They were too far for me to consider, but I called one near me and got $30 for 57 rounds. Far less than retail, but $30 is $30 (and yes, I gave the money to my mom )

I found some 357 magnum ammo in my mom's closet left by a now deceased friend. After trying to find anyone at work would could use it, I gave up. About two weeks ago I was watching the news and they had a segment about a gun store doing an ammo buyback. They were too far for me to consider, but I called one near me and got $30 for 57 rounds. Far less than retail, but $30 is $30 (and yes, I gave the money to my mom )

I have probably 300 rounds of 223 from the AR I used to own. Wish I still had the AR. Trying to find one now. I sold it to a buddy about 8 years ago since I never used it much. But now would like to have one again.

On the BTC front. Some interesting predictions coming down from certain price models. Even from people who were otherwise negative on BTC, some are changing up their tune.

Seems 50-100k is about where most are calling for end of 2021. There are also quite a few that are saying 300 is likely. Hard to know what to do at this point. I think it is best right now just to wait on some things and see. Maybe look at buying more in 1st quarter depending on how things look.

On the plus side, I have seen 35-40% on the covid dip buying. I split between etfs and stocks. Microsoft, Apple, Visa, all did good for me. American Airlines...not so much Across the board stocks avg anywhere from 35-50% buying the dip. Wish I had bought tesla instead of AA! But I sold the AA and bought more Apple before it split so doing OK.
    RAW lifts

PhDPepper1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PhDPepper1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PhDPepper1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PhDPepper1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PhDPepper1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PhDPepper1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PhDPepper1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PhDPepper1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PhDPepper1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PhDPepper1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PhDPepper1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have probably 300 rounds of 223 from the AR I used to own. Wish I still had the AR. Trying to find one now. I sold it to a buddy about 8 years ago since I never used it much. But now would like to have one again.

On the BTC front. Some interesting predictions coming down from certain price models. Even from people who were otherwise negative on BTC, some are changing up their tune.

Seems 50-100k is about where most are calling for end of 2021. There are also quite a few that are saying 300 is likely. Hard to know what to do at this point. I think it is best right now just to wait on some things and see. Maybe look at buying more in 1st quarter depending on how things look.

On the plus side, I have seen 35-40% on the covid dip buying. I split between etfs and stocks. Microsoft, Apple, Visa, all did good for me. American Airlines...not so much Across the board stocks avg anywhere from 35-50% buying the dip. Wish I had bought tesla instead of AA! But I sold the AA and bought more Apple before it split so doing OK.
    Never been a BTC buyer... joke's on me now. I had an employee who was very big on it the last few years... I DID buy some Tesla about 18 months ago but like everyone wish I'd dumped a lot more in. I've put everything I can back in EFTs since March and am doing pretty well.
    Airlines/manufacturers are a bit of a longer buy, but unless something changes in the industry itself I think it will eventually bounce back.
    Why NOT?

5'6", 210

PRs:
    10/10/2020 FS meet: 407/303/474