Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 1613
    bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    I do not have money in any crypto. Decentralization was one of factors that made cryptos desirable. But, cryptos like BTC are mainly backed by supply and demand and they have been sold irresponsibly by some as a hedge against inflation. We have seen over the past weeks that a hedge against inflation is not true and very dangerous.

I agree that the bottom has not been reached, but the bottom for crypto is a moot point only because it is a pure gamble, IMO and there will always be extreme volatility in crytpos and it is not for those who are looking for stability or a hedge.
    Thanks for that explanation, Mark. I'm not much of an investor, but this stuff is interesting to me. Right now, I have everything I own leveraged to purchase the Firm I work for. SBA loan processing at the moment. But at some point in the future, I will have to get involved in some form of investing, so trying to stay in the loop.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bustasinclair View Post
    Thanks for that explanation, Mark. I'm not much of an investor, but this stuff is interesting to me. Right now, I have everything I own leveraged to purchase the Firm I work for. SBA loan processing at the moment. But at some point in the future, I will have to get involved in some form of investing, so trying to stay in the loop.
    It is very interesting! You are a smart man with your firm. Stay that course
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Damn, that's a sweet ride!!!

Sucks about your losses. I'd be in suicide mode, but then again, I've never had wealth, so I really don't know how I would react. Sounds like you have a good handle on things though.

When you say, hustle, what do you mean exactly? Actively trade or take on more work?
    This is not the biggest loss I have ever been though. My accident in 09, I lost a helo worth about 500k AND had 100k+ in medical bills AND physical injuries that took me almost a year to recover from, so this really is just money.

Hustle....well, I dont really have a defined 'job'. And have never had one. I just find a way to make money. At one time, I started and ran businesses. In 2010-15 there was no work and I taught myself the game of real estate investing. I went from having 50+ employees and 2 companies to none. I had 2 years when I eared less than 2000 per year. Then I said, 'screw it' and took some big risks. I cashed in all my retirements, kids college funds...anything thing I could do to get chips to play in the game.
    Came out of the housing crisis with enough income properties to pay our basic living expenses.

I have had to do this a few times in life. When stuff goes bad, I bet on myself. I have no pride. I will clean toilets for a living if I had to.

We have no debt and I have almost 5mil in paid for real-estate which generates enough income to 'keep the lights on'. So there it is not like I am going to die.

If pressed, I can generate about 500k in cash. I would take selling a few things I like, like my car for one. But it might already be gone. I started that move yesterday already. Made a call last night and it might be sold. Waiting to hear back. "Stuff" means nothing. In this life you have to be flexible and see opportunity where others dont. Life is good. Getting knocked down HARD in my life has been the motivation many times to get back up and do better.

I really think having the crypto was making me lazy about the future. So I am now operating as if it is gone, and if I get any back, well it's a bonus. I literally came from nothing and I am not ever scared to go without. Money has zero impact in my equation of happiness. I work now to provide security. My true goals are to have enough that my kids are set. I wont give it to them or even tell them. But when I watch them work, I will be there to give a nudge here and there.

I sat yesterday and had a talk with my kids 15 and 18. Using this as a lesson. They know about my crypto. They dont know that I had the amount I have. I told them I might have lost it all. And then told them how this might be a great thing. I also am setting up a investment account for my daughter 18. She has worked her a$$ off her sr year of HS. She has 10k saved. I told her we are going to wait for a further dip and then get her in some good stocks.

She wants to buy income properties and rentals. So I am going to start teaching her the 'hustle'. We started building her credit at 15 by adding her to our credit cars as an 'authorized user'. This gets reported to her credit. My son gets added this year. My wife has an 820 and I am a 780. We are going to teach our kids the 'game' and how they need to navigate it.

No one told me. I dropped out of college and defaulted on my student loans. I had to learn to hit rock bottom (financially) and clean up my mess. I am going to guide my kids so they dont have to make the mistakes that I made.

Life is good. The only thing that I live for these days is to make my kids life better than mine.
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    This is not the biggest loss I have ever been though. My accident in 09, I lost a helo worth about 500k AND had 100k+ in medical bills AND physical injuries that took me almost a year to recover from, so this really is just money.

Hustle....well, I dont really have a defined 'job'. And have never had one. I just find a way to make money. At one time, I started and ran businesses. In 2010-15 there was no work and I taught myself the game of real estate investing. I went from having 50+ employees and 2 companies to none. I had 2 years when I eared less than 2000 per year. Then I said, 'screw it' and took some big risks. I cashed in all my retirements, kids college funds...anything thing I could do to get chips to play in the game.
    Came out of the housing crisis with enough income properties to pay our basic living expenses.

I have had to do this a few times in life. When stuff goes bad, I bet on myself. I have no pride. I will clean toilets for a living if I had to.

We have no debt and I have almost 5mil in paid for real-estate which generates enough income to 'keep the lights on'. So there it is not like I am going to die.

If pressed, I can generate about 500k in cash. I would take selling a few things I like, like my car for one. But it might already be gone. I started that move yesterday already. Made a call last night and it might be sold. Waiting to hear back. "Stuff" means nothing. In this life you have to be flexible and see opportunity where others dont. Life is good. Getting knocked down HARD in my life has been the motivation many times to get back up and do better.

I really think having the crypto was making me lazy about the future. So I am now operating as if it is gone, and if I get any back, well it's a bonus. I literally came from nothing and I am not ever scared to go without. Money has zero impact in my equation of happiness. I work now to provide security. My true goals are to have enough that my kids are set. I wont give it to them or even tell them. But when I watch them work, I will be there to give a nudge here and there.

I sat yesterday and had a talk with my kids 15 and 18. Using this as a lesson. They know about my crypto. They dont know that I had the amount I have. I told them I might have lost it all. And then told them how this might be a great thing. I also am setting up a investment account for my daughter 18. She has worked her a$$ off her sr year of HS. She has 10k saved. I told her we are going to wait for a further dip and then get her in some good stocks.

She wants to buy income properties and rentals. So I am going to start teaching her the 'hustle'. We started building her credit at 15 by adding her to our credit cars as an 'authorized user'. This gets reported to her credit. My son gets added this year. My wife has an 820 and I am a 780. We are going to teach our kids the 'game' and how they need to navigate it.

No one told me. I dropped out of college and defaulted on my student loans. I had to learn to hit rock bottom (financially) and clean up my mess. I am going to guide my kids so they dont have to make the mistakes that I made.

Life is good. The only thing that I live for these days is to make my kids life better than mine.
    I knew you were very successful, I was just curious what your definition of hustle was. I'm sure we all have a different perception of the word.

You've done well in life and should be proud, not like you need me to say that, I was just reiterating. It's good to reflect on things that have happened to us and have persevered through and I agree that money isn't necessarily happiness. Relationships are where you find happiness. I'm very lucky that I found my fiancé, she is my rock and I hate that it took me until 47 years old to find her (wedding date is July 30, 2022). Before I met her I was flailing and just getting by in life. I've never had any considerable amount of money and that's my fault, hell, I still have $33K in student loans I'm paying on, lol. I'm very humbled that she's borrowing $50K from her 401K to help me buy my current Firm.

Anyway, keep on keepin' on!

xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yes and no....maybe

Currently have about 500k that is tied up in this Celsius mess. I have other holding, but I had a significant amount in Celsius. It is my fault. I am guily of being greedy. I knew the risks and didnt think a co with almost 10bil in holdings would be at risk given they weather the 50% drop during covid and other major drops.

I sensed issues, and started the process to withdraw. The security measures in place have a 24 hour hold on removing a withdraw hold then I was in the process of whitelisting a new address. Then Sun night I got a notice they are freezing all withdraws. I was about 6 hours too late to getting my assets out.

20+btc and I have no access to it. I am operating as it I will never get it back. If I do, it will be a bonus. I have had worse happen and this I have never operated as if I needed it. So, just keep going.

I think this will be a good thing. I was getting lazy and feeling like I didnt need to hustle any more. I have been analyzing moves last night. And thinking about the future again.

The timing is so weird. I was set monday to get a new car. They gave it to me for the weekend to decide. A 720s spyder. I had made the decision to buy it. I was going to sign finalize monday. Woke up mon and decided that it might be best to pass on buying it...

Maybe this is a good thing. Simplify my life a little. Maybe even sell huracan and get back in the hustle....

Wont waste time crying about losing. Just have to look forward.

The good news is it sounds like Celsius is continuously gaining collateral. I was just reading that their liquidation number has been lowered to $15k BTC.

Amateur boxer turned bodybuilder...

Hit me up on Sherdog.. TeTe

Road to 190@15% bf

June 2020 = 185 @20.5% bf
    June 2021 = 183 @18.2% bf

induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by xTeTe View Post
    The good news is it sounds like Celsius is continuously gaining collateral. I was just reading that their liquidation number has been lowered to $15k BTC.
    Been trying to find info, but very little coming out. I have a personal account manager there who I was assigned a while back. When you passed a certain threshold, they gave you a direct contact. So he actually did call me back but said as of now, no updates....

I would love if this turns out otherwise....
    RAW lifts

I knew you were very successful, I was just curious what your definition of hustle was. I'm sure we all have a different perception of the word.

You've done well in life and should be proud, not like you need me to say that, I was just reiterating. It's good to reflect on things that have happened to us and have persevered through and I agree that money isn't necessarily happiness. Relationships are where you find happiness. I'm very lucky that I found my fiancé, she is my rock and I hate that it took me until 47 years old to find her (wedding date is July 30, 2022). Before I met her I was flailing and just getting by in life. I've never had any considerable amount of money and that's my fault, hell, I still have $33K in student loans I'm paying on, lol. I'm very humbled that she's borrowing $50K from her 401K to help me buy my current Firm.

Anyway, keep on keepin' on!
    You got it right Busta. Having the right person to spend your life with is worth more than anything! In that way I have always been the richest person I know. I am so lucky to have my wife. She is the reason pretty much for all the good in my life and without her, I dont think I would have been 1/2 the person I have become. She has always motivated me to try to be a better person that I really am. And I am not talking material things. She wants nothing of anything material. She wont spend $30 on herself. We are actually pretty simple people, and besides a few fun toys and my home, we live just like everyone else. In fact probably more frugal than most....

On some POSSIBLE good news, it looks like Celsius is working shoring up liquidity. The great thing about crypto is you can see the movements on the open ledger. They were in danger of a BTC margin call at 19k and have posted collateral to bring that down to 15k. (BTC currently at 21k). Their biggest problem is they have so much staked ETH which they went WAY too heavy in and cant pull out. They may find a way to access or sell of some portions. NEXO has extended them a buy out offer of any collateralized debts...etc. So stuff is being worked one. And at least the company owners have not gone missing. If I dodge this bullet it will be nice, but I really needed the wake up call regardless. If things keep heading south, I need to look for the opportunities. I am still young and have a lot left in me. Not ready to get too comfortable yet!
    RAW lifts

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I was wondering how you were fairing with the current crypto shiit show ID. I was just watching a documentary last night about some crypto company in Canada that collapsed, they think the guy faked his own death or something (fell asleep before it was over). Everything is going to tank for the short term it seems. Living through some crazy times for sure, and things are likely to continue to decline until we either get some sanity in government or the country implodes. Glad you are in a position to weather the storm. I think real estate is due for a pullback but it will hold a better base than many other assets. Materials and labor are not getting cheaper.

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My son wants to start investing. Think I’m going to open an account and match whatever he decides to invest of his total net worth of about $500. Should probably just buy some ibonds which are currently paying almost 10%. Anyone buy these? Probably not very popular right now considering the long term low interest environment we were in…

ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    Materials and labor are not getting cheaper.
    I thought I had heard that lumber prices were already way way down from just a year ago, right?
    Epic Beard Man crew

My Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164109201&page=61

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I was wondering how you were fairing with the current crypto shiit show ID. I was just watching a documentary last night about some crypto company in Canada that collapsed, they think the guy faked his own death or something (fell asleep before it was over). Everything is going to tank for the short term it seems. Living through some crazy times for sure, and things are likely to continue to decline until we either get some sanity in government or the country implodes. Glad you are in a position to weather the storm. I think real estate is due for a pullback but it will hold a better base than many other assets. Materials and labor are not getting cheaper.
    The fed raised rate as you know. This is signal they are ready to pull rug. Everything will go down once they are ready to usher in new system. Everything to include precious metals and bonds and cryptos. But it will be short term. Many cryptos will disappear once gubmint regulates it. This is why SEC sued Ripple. It's all part of the plan.

Hegelian Dialectic. Problem. Reaction. Solution. It's not just welfare and warfare tool. It is also used by the same criminals whenever new systems are implemented.

Gubmint will make it look like "Oh. You need regulations because the Canadian company stole your cryptos so you need gubmint."

It's the same game they play. Trust me.

Not all cryptos will go away. Many will disappear once gubmint is in control. Kinda like napster and myspace disappeared.

But those who hold onto cryptos with fundamentals will profit. And I believe bitcoin will be one of them. Bitcoin is the mothership. It will go up until the other cryptos are depegged to fulfill their true intent.

Originally Posted by ajdahlheimer View Post
    I thought I had heard that lumber prices were already way way down from just a year ago, right?
    There are exceptions. You are right. Lumber went down.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

Yeah they are down some but still high. Everything is high though, if even available. I have had so many issues the last 6 months acquiring materials/supplies for work. People paying liquidated damages for nonperformance on contracts because that loss is less than they would lose performing the contract as originally quoted etc. Must be from all that building back better activity...

xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post

But those who hold onto cryptos with fundamentals will profit. And I believe bitcoin will be one of them. Bitcoin is the mothership. It will go up until the other cryptos are depegged to fulfill their true intent.
    I just bought some more ETH at $1100. I wanted to go heavier but I'm waiting for the $800-900 range. I've really been loading up on my AVAX holding too. I figure it's inflation and supply won't ape upward too bad by the next bull run.

Amateur boxer turned bodybuilder...

Hit me up on Sherdog.. TeTe

Road to 190@15% bf

June 2020 = 185 @20.5% bf
    June 2021 = 183 @18.2% bf

_zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    My son wants to start investing. Think I’m going to open an account and match whatever he decides to invest of his total net worth of about $500. Should probably just buy some ibonds which are currently paying almost 10%. Anyone buy these? Probably not very popular right now considering the long term low interest environment we were in…
    I think it's a good choice for him or any couple since I think the max is $10k per person in a household iirc.
    ★★★ A State of Trance Crew ★★★
    ♞♞♞ Misc Horse Head Crew ♞♞♞

Registered User blackdragon1980's Avatar
    blackdragon1980 is not very well liked. (-100) blackdragon1980 is not very well liked. (-100) blackdragon1980 is not very well liked. (-100) blackdragon1980 is not very well liked. (-100) blackdragon1980 is not very well liked. (-100) blackdragon1980 is not very well liked. (-100) blackdragon1980 is not very well liked. (-100) blackdragon1980 is not very well liked. (-100) blackdragon1980 is not very well liked. (-100) blackdragon1980 is not very well liked. (-100) blackdragon1980 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    Was wondering if we had any active market traders here. I'm sure most have passive accounts (I do too) but any day, swing, or just active traders?

Myself - I day/swing trade stocks and options. Options are my main strategy because you can make money as a bear or bull. I do this as a hobby, mainly, but shoot for a steady $200-300 a week profit and am pretty consistent.

Anyone else play the market? Thought maybe we can discuss strategies rather than actual tickers or investment advise just to be safe (unless MODS say we can). Option trading opens up a new world of possibilities with so many ways to play them.

Anyone else?
    cool

Registered User blackdragon1980's Avatar
    blackdragon1980 is not very well liked. (-100) blackdragon1980 is not very well liked. (-100) blackdragon1980 is not very well liked. (-100) blackdragon1980 is not very well liked. (-100) blackdragon1980 is not very well liked. (-100) blackdragon1980 is not very well liked. (-100) blackdragon1980 is not very well liked. (-100) blackdragon1980 is not very well liked. (-100) blackdragon1980 is not very well liked. (-100) blackdragon1980 is not very well liked. (-100) blackdragon1980 is not very well liked. (-100)
    dope

Originally Posted by _zman View Post
    I think it's a good choice for him or any couple since I think the max is $10k per person in a household iirc.
    Can do $10k per person digital, plus $5k per person paper bonds with tax refund (but that option wont work for me since I have had to pay in the last couple years and it would be crazy to get even a 5k return let alone 20k for a family of 4.
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 06-28-2022 at 05:37 PM.

Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Payton1221 View Post
    I'm not predicting any significant move any time soon, but I do see a correction if not full blown bear market happening this year. Just for transparency, I am 100% cash as of COB yesterday and will remain that way for quite some time. With that noted, I have been somewhat conservative for 18 months and my positions have cost me over $150,000 in gains had I been 100% in the S&P 500 since then

[POSTED 2/23/2022]
    I haven't been on in quite a while, but I've been 100% cash until COB yesterday. I now have a bit more than $200K in an S&P Index fund. I think more downside is possible, perhaps even another 15-20%, but on the other hand, this could be a near-bottom and the market will start clawing its way back up. If the market goes down more, then I'll buy more.

And there should be a play with bonds in the next year or so. Eventually, the interest rates will level out and then start to drop. When that occurs, I'd like to have half or so of my retirement money in bonds.]
    Last edited by Payton1221; 06-17-2022 at 12:11 PM.
    Pull-Up PR: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177233951

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I haven't been on in quite a while, but I've been 100% cash until COB yesterday. I now have a bit more than $200K in an S&P Index fund. I think more downside is possible, perhaps even another 15-20%, but on the other hand, this could be a near-bottom and the market will start clawing its way back up. If the market goes down more, then I'll buy more.

And there should be a play with bonds in the next year or so. Eventually, the interest rates will level out and then start to drop. When that occurs, I'd like to have half or so of my retirement money in bonds.]

Hi Payton

IMHO I think the bottom will be like 2018-2019 levels, that to me is where things seemed to start to disconnect with reality. With unemployment at all time low levels, housing starts and prices still high, and consumers still spending, lead-times on industrial goods ..long... I think what we are seeing is nearing the top of a cycle. When the interest rates get a few points too high, and families and business are tapped out, government budgets pinch... then things will slide. Nothing last forever and I think this downside is going to be deep this time. Lots of frothy borrowed money and high confidence out there still.
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

I think I would have DCA’d in maybe 50k now, wait until next rate hike shakedown etc. The market is not near bottom yet IMHO. It’s down a little over 20% with another 10-30% to go. I’m thinking we will see a larger pullback as interest rates increase and the recession becomes more evident, followed by layoffs. Everything is still pointing to negative looking forward. Still on a 10 year horizon you should be good.

We opened my sons savings account today (my name with him as beneficiary for now). We found one that pays $5 for each month $200 is added on top of the low APR rate. We opened it with $200 and will add $200 month until he runs out of money then probably open a brokerage account and buy some mutual funds or ibonds depending on how low the S&P is at the time or if ibonds have above a 0% rate (plus inflation).

NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000)

No one knows where the bottom is. Long term I wouldn't worry.
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Still don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things and roll consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

That should hurt a bit. , but glad I'm not emotionally affected. Thinking of putting in a long at just x2 leverage on btc or eth soonish. But as usual a gamble when to enter. As some old dude (John Maynard Keynes) said: “Markets can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." Last time around I was "lucky" and went in close to bottom at 3.2k btc, and given a bunch of ****ty ico deals since then, it sure would be nice to pull something off again.

steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    A bit more than recommended, of course, but did put a x 2 leveraged position on eth and a 3 x on btc (longs) for about a total of 10% of my portfolio. A bit of a gamble in special times and highly manipulated markets so just hoping for the best.

So I am making a few moves. Not knowing what is going to go on with my crypto in lockup at Celsius, I am going to operate as if it is gone. (although I do believe I will get the majority if not all back in time by what is going on behind the scenes)

Crypto was always a nice backdrop to have for a 'rainy day' fund in case I needed it, but not having any plans to sell for the next 5-10 years. I like to have 5 years living expenses on hand at any one time. Might sound a little extreme but I am lucky at my approach in this was since I needed it from 08-13. Currently our cost of living is less than 0 since we have income properties which generate more than what we need to live on. (I dont want to count on that 100% because things can go to crap and people cant/wont pay rent) I was lucky though covid and did not have any issues. Rental income covers living but it is not luxury living, but the lights stay on and we can live comfortably. I have my work I do for my main living and that just adds to income, which in good times is comfortable.

I am not willing to chance it and I decided to sell one of my cars. It goes in for inspection tomorrow and will be gone if all checks out. That will give me approx 300k to 'play' with. I have reached my risk limit right now with crypto. My thoughts were to put it in my fidelity cash account and wait for a buying opportunity. My money guy feels we have another 10-15% drop yet to come in next 4-6 months.

I dont really follow the stock market. I am open to advice and in fact would greatly appreciate it. Given that my extra income is HIGHLY dependent on a strong housing market, I think I need to 'buckle down' and prepare for the possibility of lean times.

I know there are a bunch of guys in here who follow markets. I have traditionally stayed away from stock investing and always invested in myself. But the real estate market is still too high for me to see investing that money. So it really only leaves the stock market.

Any advice?
    RAW lifts

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So I am making a few moves. Not knowing what is going to go on with my crypto in lockup at Celsius, I am going to operate as if it is gone. (although I do believe I will get the majority if not all back in time by what is going on behind the scenes)

Crypto was always a nice backdrop to have for a 'rainy day' fund in case I needed it, but not having any plans to sell for the next 5-10 years. I like to have 5 years living expenses on hand at any one time. Might sound a little extreme but I am lucky at my approach in this was since I needed it from 08-13. Currently our cost of living is less than 0 since we have income properties which generate more than what we need to live on. (I dont want to count on that 100% because things can go to crap and people cant/wont pay rent) I was lucky though covid and did not have any issues. Rental income covers living but it is not luxury living, but the lights stay on and we can live comfortably. I have my work I do for my main living and that just adds to income, which in good times is comfortable.

I am not willing to chance it and I decided to sell one of my cars. It goes in for inspection tomorrow and will be gone if all checks out. That will give me approx 300k to 'play' with. I have reached my risk limit right now with crypto. My thoughts were to put it in my fidelity cash account and wait for a buying opportunity. My money guy feels we have another 10-15% drop yet to come in next 4-6 months.

I dont really follow the stock market. I am open to advice and in fact would greatly appreciate it. Given that my extra income is HIGHLY dependent on a strong housing market, I think I need to 'buckle down' and prepare for the possibility of lean times.

I know there are a bunch of guys in here who follow markets. I have traditionally stayed away from stock investing and always invested in myself. But the real estate market is still too high for me to see investing that money. So it really only leaves the stock market.

Any advice?
    Jerome Powell the other day confirmed what the Sovereign Goat Man has been warning others: CBDC will be ushered in.

Not financial advice. As I have no skin in the game given your portfolio versus mine.

But the actions of the federal reserve will always tell us what will happen in the future.

The key to all this is the BOND market. In order for the fed to usher in CBDC, there has to be an excuse. And that excuse is to collapse the existing system. When (when and not if) the bond market implodes, a lot of it will flee to assets.

How do I know the collapse is imminent? Just look at countries that are selling UST's. Just look at the strength of the dollar is global reserve currency. Just look at how the fed only raised rates 75 bps. Just look at how the SWIFT sanction on Russia backfired on the West.

There is no saving the current paradigm. You are smart regarding your decision on real estate. As far as stock market, that will also be tokenized via blockchain / crypto. That is the goal of the fourth industrial revolution.

The Great Reset is here.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000)

Any advice?
    Your money guy is trying to time the market - you can't. What you can do is buy in intervals (every other Tuesday for example and on big red days). IDK where you should invest but I'd look at what someone like Warren Buffett is doing and do that. Personally, I dropped 25K into Walmart when they had their sharp decline. Two main reasons - one they pay a dividend so I'll make money holding (its .56 a share), second they are pretty recession proof. They also trade about in the average price/earnings in their sector so not overvalued. I then sold call options for December on my shares to net another $500 per 100 shares just to sit on the shares. This is just one example of ways to make passive income using an individual stock. I'm using about 1/4 of my savings to do this. My retirement is all Vanguard funds.

You can also look at sector ETFs and buy in on those. Tech is battered while energy is hot. Think 6 months time frame where you think things will go.

Cliffs: Dividend stocks on companies that make money are safe. Learn options to further your passive income just to hold the security. And while you wait, if you haven't already, look for savings accounts that pay a decent %. I use Ally Bank. They now pay 1% for the money to sit there as I decide where to deploy it.
    Last edited by NotJtbny; 06-24-2022 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Not financial advice.
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Still don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things and roll consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

Originally Posted by NotJtbny View Post
    Your money guy is trying to time the market - you can't. What you can do is buy in intervals (every other Tuesday for example and on big red days). IDK where you should invest but I'd look at what someone like Warren Buffett is doing and do that. Personally, I dropped 25K into Walmart when they had their sharp decline. Two main reasons - one they pay a dividend so I'll make money holding (its .56 a share), second they are pretty recession proof. They also trade about in the average price/earnings in their sector so not overvalued. I then sold call options for December on my shares to net another $500 per 100 shares just to sit on the shares. This is just one example of ways to make passive income using an individual stock. I'm using about 1/4 of my savings to do this. My retirement is all Vanguard funds.

You can also look at sector ETFs and buy in on those. Tech is battered while energy is hot. Think 6 months time frame where you think things will go.

Cliffs: Dividend stocks on companies that make money are safe. Learn options to further your passive income just to hold the security. And while you wait, if you haven't already, look for savings accounts that pay a decent %. I use Ally Bank. They now pay 1% for the money to sit there as I decide where to deploy it.
    Thanks man. Looks like I have some learning to do. I have never done any investing. I had to liquidate any holdings / retirements I had started at earlier times in life in 2010. Since then I had no account and only during the covid dip did I get back involved. I sold all my holding about 8 months ago because I feared a dip was coming. It was not a tremendous amount, but certainly glad I did.

Normally I would just use this and invest in myself and find a project to do, but with const costs being at ATH, and real-estate being so high, I dont think that is wise. I think I need a good year or more for the prices to filter down through real estate. Hoping to somewhat time the market. I dont think I see myself as long term stock investor. Maybe some, but I have many times in my life, beat wall st returns just by utilizing the money myself for whatever I think I can make money doing. It just does not seem like a good time to try to utilize that plan. Too much uncertainity.

If I had giant balls, I would buy all crypto with it. But even I am not that bullish.

Thanks for the thoughts!
    RAW lifts

Originally Posted by steffo99 View Post
    A bit more than recommended, of course, but did put a x 2 leveraged position on eth and a 3 x on btc (longs) for about a total of 10% of my portfolio. A bit of a gamble in special times and highly manipulated markets so just hoping for the best.
    Closed these for the moment. Some big miners may be in trouble with rising electicity costs and leverage and debt - and some of the loans coming from big players that themselves got in trouble in that last big downturn.

I finally created my first treasury account and started buying ibonds. I can create 3 more for wife and kids and get $40,000 making 9.62% then dump another $40k in January. Since inflation will likely be high for awhile it’s basically breaking even instead of making money, but beats the cash sitting in savings making 1% (in reality losing 12-20% depending on what you buy if you use a lot of fuel it’s currently like losing 200% of cash value). Those funds were intended for a second home / rec property but I’m guessing it will be awhile before real estate dips a little. Everything that I like is just stupid high compared to recent sales. Seeing more and more price reductions but taking $5k off a house / property that sold for half the current price a few years ago isn’t getting me excited. I plan to keep enough cash to still be able to buy (likely with small Mtg), worst case if I really needed I could sell the bonds before a year is up and just get my principal back and lose the interest (after 1 year you only lose the last 3 months interest and after 5 years no loss). No state taxes on earnings either which is nice and no fed taxes if used for college.

Edit to add in typical government fashion, the treasury direct interface looks / functions like it was made early mid 90s lol. It works, but it’s cumbersome and strange. It was crashing regularly the last month since the May rates were published. My buys will go through tomorrow so I’ll get credit for the entire month of June for interest.
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 06-28-2022 at 06:12 PM.

_zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I finally created my first treasury account and started buying ibonds. I can create 3 more for wife and kids and get $40,000 making 9.62% then dump another $40k in January. Since inflation will likely be high for awhile it’s basically breaking even instead of making money, but beats the cash sitting in savings making 1% (in reality losing 12-20% depending on what you buy if you use a lot of fuel it’s currently like losing 200% of cash value). Those funds were intended for a second home / rec property but I’m guessing it will be awhile before real estate dips a little. Everything that I like is just stupid high compared to recent sales. Seeing more and more price reductions but taking $5k off a house / property that sold for half the current price a few years ago isn’t getting me excited. I plan to keep enough cash to still be able to buy (likely with small Mtg), worst case if I really needed I could sell the bonds before a year is up and just get my principal back and lose the interest (after 1 year you only lose the last 3 months interest and after 5 years no loss). No state taxes on earnings either which is nice and no fed taxes if used for college.

Edit to add in typical government fashion, the treasury direct interface looks / functions like it was made early mid 90s lol. It works, but it’s cumbersome and strange. It was crashing regularly the last month since the May rates were published. My buys will go through tomorrow so I’ll get credit for the entire month of June for interest.
    Great financial moves man.

Govt websites are an accurate depiction of how bad the govt is at everything. Did a study in college about the abomination of a roll-out of the Obamacare website.
    ★★★ A State of Trance Crew ★★★
    ♞♞♞ Misc Horse Head Crew ♞♞♞