Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    Lol $1500 profit investing sounds like a helluva year Silver is pretty high right now so if it drops that’s going to eat into your profit a little but probably not enough to have to sell the yacht.
    My strategy is to be long on silver. I have been long since 2014. I started buying it when it was 14 an ounce.

Here’s my view. Again, I embrace Austrian Economics.

I do not tie the price of gold and silver to the fiat dollar. The dollar is dead.

Gold and silver are real money. There is reason why the banks have suppressed them for generations.

Study the Exter Pyramid to understand the true value of silver. The oligarchs know the value of silver. This is why they drugged up China with opium to steal their wealth during the Boxer Rebellion a century ago.

I’m also a student of history

Economics and history are tied at the hips when it comes to understanding monetary policy.

Heres where I see things play out:

A. The dollar will be phased out. No fiat last forever.

B. A new reset is happening right before us.

C. The fed will continue to print exponentially to kill the dollar and replace it with something else.

D. Stocks and cryptos will continue to set records as Americans continue to file for unemployment.

Notice how I didn’t go political in this thread out of respect for its original intent: which is to make money for those who see opportunities.

Now the question is: what are we all going to do to play their game and make money for our families?

Personally, I don’t like what’s going on from geo-political standpoint. But just like during the Great Depression, many suffered (and I hate seeing people suffer). But those who saw opportunities during the depression also seized opportunities.

I think that’s what this thread is about.

So let’s do it.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post
    My strategy is to be long on silver. I have been long since 2014. I started buying it when it was 14 an ounce.

Here’s my view. Again, I embrace Austrian Economics.

I do not tie the price of gold and silver to the fiat dollar. The dollar is dead.

Gold and silver are real money. There is reason why the banks have suppressed them for generations.

Study the Exter Pyramid to understand the true value of silver. The oligarchs know the value of silver. This is why they drugged up China with opium to steal their wealth during the Boxer Rebellion a century ago.

I’m also a student of history

Economics and history are tied at the hips when it comes to understanding monetary policy.

Heres where I see things play out:

A. The dollar will be phased out. No fiat last forever.

B. A new reset is happening right before us.

C. The fed will continue to print exponentially to kill the dollar and replace it with something else.

D. Stocks and cryptos will continue to set records as Americans continue to file for unemployment.

Notice how I didn’t go political in this thread out of respect for its original intent: which is to make money for those who see opportunities.

Now the question is: what are we all going to do to play their game and make money for our families?

Personally, I don’t like what’s going on from geo-political standpoint. But just like during the Great Depression, many suffered (and I hate seeing people suffer). But those who saw opportunities during the depression also seized opportunities.

I think that’s what this thread is about.

So let’s do it.
    I helped you when first started investing in silver and guided you to APMEX I still probably have the PMs I have physical too, but as an inflationary hedge and it’s now a tiny percent of my holdings. I have done far better in S&P mutual funds. While I’ve never had a 150% profit year, the power of compounding interest is far superior. The wealthy invest their money. If the stock market goes to zero it will be mad max land. Actually ammo has done better than silver for me. I could sell $15 boxes of bulk .22 rimfire ammo for $135 right now (but I won’t sell any lol). I’d suggest you start maxing a Roth IRA, possibly 2 with low cost S&P mutual funds. I’m confident silver will be back to $20 or less per oz where you probably paid $30oz for your Eagles with premium (hopefully you at least caught the 4 hour flash sale where the premium was reduced for any quantity of mint direct tubes last week).

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Agree with you Tim on the S&P for a set it and forget it you can't really go wrong. But this year it really wasn't hard to beat that and for the immediate future I don't see that changing. There's no where to park money with rates so low.

@Joel - good on you and yes lets play their game. We know its rigged but we can nibble and get our own gains. I don't mess with BTC but the market has some incredible opportunities right now.

Anyone watching Gamestop? I've been watching for months the short squeeze approaching but haven't played the stock. I'm now taking a short position for Jan 2022 thinking this stock will continue to build up and then dump because the valuation is garbage.

If Doug is reading this did you ever figure a way to short AMC? Personally, I think you're right they are going to go under but I think you're going to see a short squeeze on this stock as well so the timing is important. I'm going to look at option prices Tuesday and might take a long bullish position hoping to play the short squeeze here.
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by steffo99 View Post
    I never seem to get around to actual reading much, but listen for hours sometimes to various schools of philosophy and sometimes listen to podcasts put out by the ayn rand institute. I should probably find the movies instead.But I do enjoy listeneing to these old interviews and radio shows of Rand from the 60's, along with similar shows for different thinkers. Listened to Hannah Arendt for 30 minutes last night..I have to pause sometimes to better grasp points and try to see parallels to what she saw play out during WWII and occurances or behaviors repeated on various levels and how to look at it psychologically as well for various players. One day I'll be an enlightened woodworker.
    Very cool, Steffo! You're an enlightened dude with damn good taste; based on your contributions to the "dat ass" thread.

I listen to all but follow none. I like Ayn Rand for the most part. The only thing I don't like is the fact that she was pro-choice. I am pro-Life. I think she missed the mark on spreading Individual Rights when it comes to the rights of the unborn. A baby's life belongs to itself. if I am to promote Individual Rights, I must accept the fact the babies also have the same rights.

But generally, I dig what Ayn has to say.
    I dig, brother. Thanks.

and I gotta say that y'all a bunch of damn Wizards ITT.

_zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post

If Doug is reading this did you ever figure a way to short AMC? Personally, I think you're right they are going to go under but I think you're going to see a short squeeze on this stock as well so the timing is important. I'm going to look at option prices Tuesday and might take a long bullish position hoping to play the short squeeze here.
    I'm wondering if Wanda is gonna let AMC go under or come up with a new plan. It'd be hard to underestimate the Chinese. They're pumping so much propaganda through it and might see it as a good investment to retain. Perhaps a few billion from the Chinese govt is all they need to keep it a float, but I haven't dug into the numbers.
    ★★★ A State of Trance Crew ★★★
    ♞♞♞ Misc Horse Head Crew ♞♞♞

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Agree with you Tim on the S&P for a set it and forget it you can't really go wrong. But this year it really wasn't hard to beat that and for the immediate future I don't see that changing. There's no where to park money with rates so low.

@Joel - good on you and yes lets play their game. We know its rigged but we can nibble and get our own gains. I don't mess with BTC but the market has some incredible opportunities right now.

Anyone watching Gamestop? I've been watching for months the short squeeze approaching but haven't played the stock. I'm now taking a short position for Jan 2022 thinking this stock will continue to build up and then dump because the valuation is garbage.

I just got my annual statement from one of my accounts and made 19.38% profit after all said and done for 2020. That account is 70% S&P, 20% vanguard mid cap, 10% vanguard small cap (small caps are about the only thing undervalued right now imo but obviously a little riskier). My other accounts (Roth IRAs) are 100% S&P. I wish I would have bought some airlines and Tesla cheap but I missed out for now. What did you come in at to beat almost 20%?

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I helped you when first started investing in silver and guided you to APMEX I still probably have the PMs I have physical too, but as an inflationary hedge and it’s now a tiny percent of my holdings. I have done far better in S&P mutual funds. While I’ve never had a 150% profit year, the power of compounding interest is far superior. The wealthy invest their money. If the stock market goes to zero it will be mad max land. Actually ammo has done better than silver for me. I could sell $15 boxes of bulk .22 rimfire ammo for $135 right now (but I won’t sell any lol). I’d suggest you start maxing a Roth IRA, possibly 2 with low cost S&P mutual funds. I’m confident silver will be back to $20 or less per oz where you probably paid $30oz for your Eagles with premium (hopefully you at least caught the 4 hour flash sale where the premium was reduced for any quantity of mint direct tubes last week).
    Absolutely! I will always appreciate your help, my brother, when I first got red pilled and started learning about monetary metals and embracing Austrian Economics. My 401(K) is only 3%, but that's because my company matches 100% of the first 3%. My 401 (k) tracks the S&P 500 for the same reason you outlined. It will beat 80% of the other stocks and mutual as proven historically.

I would rather take the extra 7% of my post taxed money and invest on my own.

For sure! There is no reason to waste time on politics. And John, you kicked me in da ballz when he said "no reason to fight the fed" because you were right 100000%. The fed is evil. We all know this. But playing their game will benefit us all. Politics are nothing but distractions.

Speaking of cryptos, it's easy to get distracted as there are thousands of them. LOL. I simplified my strategy:

a) I will have two buckets of BTC. One bucket will be for long position. The other bucket will be for trading. The profit I take from the trading bucket will either be used to buy more physical silver or to reallocate them to other cryptos.

My other cryptos include Ethereum, which has already gained almost 40% on a $1000 investment. And the other is XRP.

I will focus on learning as much as I can on these three. The other cryptos to me are just a distraction.

To be honest, I still do not trust cryptos but I see where institutional investors are going. When BTC hit 20K and dropped a few years back, many of those investors were retail investors. This time, many institutions have joined the BTC train. So we will see.

From my understanding, these cryptos do not compete against each other (which is great for diversification). The best way to summarize is as follows:

a. BTC is digital gold.
    b. Ethereum is digital oil because of its application and utilities.
    c. XRP may (or may not) be the next petrodollar for the criminal central banks.

I don't have a whole lot of time to invest in stocks and day trade the way many of you do. But I will definitely keep following and listening to you guys.
    This above all..

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I just got my annual statement from one of my accounts and made 19.38% profit after all said and done for 2020. That account is 70% S&P, 20% vanguard mid cap, 10% vanguard small cap (small caps are about the only thing undervalued right now imo but obviously a little riskier). My other accounts (Roth IRAs) are 100% S&P. I wish I would have bought some airlines and Tesla cheap but I missed out for now. What did you come in at to beat almost 20%?
    97% up for 2020 and had I not gotten greedy on one fuking day it would be over 100%. Now remember this is on a small account (30k I trade with) but I use it to draw a "salary" and did pretty good . Oh and I only really started doing this in April. Before that I was a passive trader. I'd have done better if I just held Tesla and Apple through the year though.

@Joel - There's a saying that if you want fish follow the whales. The FED is the biggest whale of them all.

@AMC I'm trying to dive into this a little more. Not sure how many shares are available and wonder if this could be the next short squeeze like Gamestop. Its crazy to think Gamestop might touch $60 a share soon when it was under $5 not long ago. The institutions shorting it are getting rammed hard by retail investors. Its awesome
    Last edited by Jtbny; 01-18-2021 at 07:54 AM.
    ☻/
    /▌

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

97% up for 2020 and had I not gotten greedy on one fuking day it would be over 100%. Now remember this is on a small account (30k I trade with) but I use it to draw a "salary" and did pretty good . Oh and I only really started doing this in April. Before that I was a passive trader. I'd have done better if I just held Tesla and Apple through the year though.

@Joel - There's a saying that if you want fish follow the whales. The FED is the biggest whale of them all.

@AMC I'm trying to dive into this a little more. Not sure how many shares are available and wonder if this could be the next short squeeze like Gamestop. Its crazy to think Gamestop might touch $60 a share soon when it was under $5 not long ago. The institutions shorting it are getting rammed hard by retail investors. Its awesome
    Dont tell me that your going to turn me into a gambler . Yeah Tesla was one of the few stocks I really considered buying individual shares of when it was down, but I just didn’t have a good “feeling” about it because it was when it seemed Elon’s cheese had completely slid off the cracker...I have it in my funds now that it made the S&P but damn that would have been a nice payday for a $10k investment and hold.

Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    . . . Yeah Tesla was one of the few stocks I really considered buying individual shares of when it was down
    Tesla is the darling of my 2020 portfolio. I turned $5K into nearly $12K from January to July ($589 to $1405 IIRC before the split). That $53K account netted me a 38% gain, but on the whole, I was only up 11.5% in 2020 because of a much safer position that I took in August.

YEARS AGO it killed me more to miss out on a gain than it did to participate in a loss. Having so much more money today, it doesn't bother me as much. It bothers me, but not as much
    Pull-Up PR: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177233951

Nice work on dem dere gainz!! At the end of the day, outside of all the noise, it all boils down to you and your family, and to me and my family. I wish you continued financial success this new year!!

And you are absolutely right!! THE FED IS THE KING OF WHALES.

All those institutional investors that started acquiring bitcoin got free money (thanks to the FED and ZIRP) and they bought BTC. There are also whales in the crypto world, but the fed is the KING of WHALES.

Just wanted to add these here for everyone's benefit. These are my favorite GO-TO:

www.usdebtclock.org

It's a shocking website. But for those who understand, there are opportunities to be had.

The other one is this:

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=...sclient=psy-ab

It's a general link for many bits of info regarding Exter's Pyramid. Again, I cannot and will not promote buying cryptos in good conscience because I do not trust it myself, although I personally invest in them. But when it comes to precious metals, PMs are something I always promote. So I would encourage you guys to learn more about the pyramid and gain understanding of their true value.

And, oh, John, BTW, speaking of Tesla, Elon is actually a secret silver lover. He has to. His brilliant mind and products rely on silver to support his vision and the technologies he develops.
    This above all..

Okay, gang. Let's talk financial and investment strategies now that we have a new Prez.

And I promise not to turn this thread political. You all know where I stand politically. I have made enough political $hit post outside of this thread. LOL. No need for me to spoil this thread that is actually beneficial and informative.

We are all here to make money, right? Right! For our families, right? right!

So let's discuss.

Here are my non-political predictions:

a. Janet Yellen will now lead the US treasury. She was former fed chairman. This is a clear sign than private banks and gubmint have merged into one. The fed will continue to BRRRRRR at an accelerated pace. Obviously bad for the national debt. But we all know this will also set new records on Wall Street.

b. Christine Lagarde, former managing director of the IMF, a central banking criminal on steroids, recently said she wants to regulate cryptos. Maybe even make them illegal. What are the possibilities for making money with these threats?

c. Regardless of how you feel about global warming, we all know Biden is for 'Green New Deal'. To me, silver will shine. Why? Because silver is also synonymous with going green.

d. We all know the digital fiat created out of thin air is an instrument of debt. It doesn't become 'real' until it's converted into some other forms of tangible assets. What assets are available? land? real estate? etc..?

I'm interested to hear your thoughts. If you have any hot new tips on any stocks, we'd love to hear them as well.

Thanks!!
    This above all..

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am more main street, I dont worry about the government much unless they want to lower interest rates more. I do know that Biden is going to tear up the Keystone pipeline agreement, and any other pipeline agreement, possibly good for the environment, not good for the oil patch. Thankfully I dont live in Alberta. This of course affects our dollar, a lower dollar relative to USD is normally a good thing. Our currency apparently is a petro currency now...rises and falls on the price of oil...its called Dutch disease...

So what now?, since interest rates are not going anywhere...if ever. What do I do with all of that cash that is dormant inside of my registered funds (I got out of stocks summer of 2019).

I am still holding out for some sort of huge correction. But with interest rates as low as they are everyone still wants to pile in on the stock market. If there is a huge correction...and there will be I dont want to be stuck, I have pretty much run out of time to ride out a huge correction, but can't afford to take the brakes off either.

Its looking more like an asset allocation type ETF fund where I can heavily bias it towards bonds, and solid blue-chip stuff.

Cant even invest in passive income, like a rental property...house prices...that is another bubble, here it is totally out of control.

Everything I have been taught is out of the window. Crypto...I have no idea of how it works...staying away from that.
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I just have to say that I am feeling pretty damn snappy about all the Ford and Exxon I bought in March and April.
    RWGFY

"I'd rather go down the river with seven studs than with a hundred shytheads"
    - COL Charles Beckwith

Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Cantplankwell View Post
    I am still holding out for some sort of huge correction.
    35% of my assets are in an S&P 500 index fund, but everything else is something other than equities. I too think that we may be on a bubble. I'm not going to act unless there's a 20% dip, and if that happens, I'll put a big chunk back in the market. I'll continue to go back in with more money with every 10% dip from there. The P/E of the S&P is 39 compared to a historical average of under 16

Originally Posted by Cantplankwell View Post
    I am more main street, I dont worry about the government much unless they want to lower interest rates more. I do know that Biden is going to tear up the Keystone pipeline agreement, and any other pipeline agreement, possibly good for the environment, not good for the oil patch. Thankfully I dont live in Alberta. This of course affects our dollar, a lower dollar relative to USD is normally a good thing. Our currency apparently is a petro currency now...rises and falls on the price of oil...its called Dutch disease...

So what now?, since interest rates are not going anywhere...if ever. What do I do with all of that cash that is dormant inside of my registered funds (I got out of stocks summer of 2019).

I am still holding out for some sort of huge correction. But with interest rates as low as they are everyone still wants to pile in on the stock market. If there is a huge correction...and there will be I dont want to be stuck, I have pretty much run out of time to ride out a huge correction, but can't afford to take the brakes off either.

Its looking more like an asset allocation type ETF fund where I can heavily bias it towards bonds, and solid blue-chip stuff.

Cant even invest in passive income, like a rental property...house prices...that is another bubble, here it is totally out of control.

Everything I have been taught is out of the window. Crypto...I have no idea of how it works...staying away from that.
    Originally Posted by eomrat View Post
    I just have to say that I am feeling pretty damn snappy about all the Ford and Exxon I bought in March and April.
    Good stuff, guys!!

CP - I forget you are Canadian. You guys up there are basically on the same monetary policy. The rates will never increase. They know this. If you listen to Janet Yellen, she actually said (and I paraphrase) "Gubmints of the world, you must spend like there is no tomorrow." LOL. That statement alone supports what I have been saying all these years. The debt must increase. And yes, same here in the US - homes are in a bubble.

And don't feel bad about throwing everything out the window. I understand. I had to unbrainwash myself. LOL. You know the game. You are smart enough to play it. And that's what matters most.

As far as the cash you have, I am not giving a professional investment advice. But what goes up must come down, as you know. When the market finally corrects itself to fair market value, those with cash can scoop up goodies at fire sale.

EOM - Good stuff. Both Ford and Exxon may not be on the DOW, but they are still HUGE companies. As long as the fed BRRRRRRRRRRRs, Dow, S&P, and Nasdaq will profit. Just stay close to the exit as you are close to the entrance. You are obviously smart enough to know that someday you may have to exit. And nobody knows but the oligarchs know that day.
    This above all..

RoccoSifred is a name known to all. (+5000) RoccoSifred is a name known to all. (+5000) RoccoSifred is a name known to all. (+5000) RoccoSifred is a name known to all. (+5000) RoccoSifred is a name known to all. (+5000) RoccoSifred is a name known to all. (+5000) RoccoSifred is a name known to all. (+5000) RoccoSifred is a name known to all. (+5000) RoccoSifred is a name known to all. (+5000) RoccoSifred is a name known to all. (+5000) RoccoSifred is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Where are you getting your information from? There are plenty of investment grade bond funds with near cash risk. I am a founding partner and we keep our revenue reserves in our JTWROS account. Fidelity offers 24hr settled cash, so it is as close to a cash account as possible.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts. If you have any hot new tips on any stocks, we'd love to hear them as well.

Thanks!!
    I bought long dated call options on ICLN which is a global clean energy ETF.

Also, don't convince your self that there is a correction coming. Of course we might see something but I really don't think we see any correction this year at all. We should see a lot less volatility though.

You should. But stay away from AMC

Originally Posted by RoccoSifred View Post
    Where are you getting your information from? There are plenty of investment grade bond funds with near cash risk. I am a founding partner and we keep our revenue reserves in our JTWROS account. Fidelity offers 24hr settled cash, so it is as close to a cash account as possible.
    At what rate?

And to answer "where I'm getting that from" -
    https://www.bloomberg.com/markets/ra...nment-bonds/us

Who on earth would park money in bonds with rates that don't even come close to inflation in a bull market like this? Sounds like a losing strategy to me.
    Last edited by Jtbny; 01-21-2021 at 09:54 AM.
    ☻/
    /▌

I bought long dated call options on ICLN which is a global clean energy ETF.

Also, don't convince your self that there is a correction coming. Of course we might see something but I really don't think we see any correction this year at all. We should see a lot less volatility though.

Thank you for the tip. Appreciated.

And yes, you are right. I agree 100%. The fed is more powerful and more evil than I thought. hahaha.. We all saw what happened when the country was shutdown. Stocks tanked, than BAMMED right up thanks to the fed.
    This above all..

IWho on earth would park money in bonds with rates that don't even come close to inflation in a bull market like this? Sounds like a losing strategy to me.
    In the last 10 years, the iShares 20+ Year Treasury Bond (TLT) ETF obtained a 8.12% compound annual return. I have both 20+ and 10 year bonds as more of a defensive position.

Originally Posted by Payton1221 View Post
    In the last 10 years, the iShares 20+ Year Treasury Bond (TLT) ETF obtained a 8.12% compound annual return. I have both 20+ and 10 year bonds as more of a defensive position.
    So you would park money there right now? I wouldn't. The market is way to bullish with very little bear triggers to make me dump money in bonds right now. Long term, maybe, but I have 20 years until I retire.

I think some of you are misunderstanding the purpose of the thread - its ACTIVE market not PASSIVE market traders. I have a set it and forget it 401k but I also ACTIVELY trade in a separate brokerage account to generate income now, not in retirement.
    Last edited by Jtbny; 01-21-2021 at 12:21 PM.
    ☻/
    /▌

Thank you for the tip. Appreciated.

And yes, you are right. I agree 100%. The fed is more powerful and more evil than I thought. hahaha.. We all saw what happened when the country was shutdown. Stocks tanked, than BAMMED right up thanks to the fed.
    Also, if you're looking at ETFs take a look at ARK. They have a bunch of actively managed ETFS in many different sectors. Emerging markets is a good one if you're looking to take advantage of the new administrations policies.

https://ark-funds.com/
    ☻/
    /▌

RoccoSifred is a name known to all. (+5000) RoccoSifred is a name known to all. (+5000) RoccoSifred is a name known to all. (+5000) RoccoSifred is a name known to all. (+5000) RoccoSifred is a name known to all. (+5000) RoccoSifred is a name known to all. (+5000) RoccoSifred is a name known to all. (+5000) RoccoSifred is a name known to all. (+5000) RoccoSifred is a name known to all. (+5000) RoccoSifred is a name known to all. (+5000) RoccoSifred is a name known to all. (+5000)
    At what rate?

And to answer "where I'm getting that from" -
    https://www.bloomberg.com/markets/ra...nment-bonds/us

Who on earth would park money in bonds with rates that don't even come close to inflation in a bull market like this? Sounds like a losing strategy to me.
    You are referring to government bonds, I am referring to intermediate core bonds. There are plenty of investment grade bond funds far outpacing inflation. Fidelity Investment Grade, Baird Aggregate, Blair Bond, just to name a few. Our after-tax return was ~6% for 2020 which is low due to the fact we churned through our revenue reserves at a higher rate. For investors that genuinely parked their money saw between 7.5-10%

Which platform do you use for research and analysis? I am certainly not wedded to Fidelity's, we also use Ally for research purposes. We feel Ally provides better background analysis of fund managers.

Also, if you're looking at ETFs take a look at ARK. They have a bunch of actively managed ETFS in many different sectors. Emerging markets is a good one if you're looking to take advantage of the new administrations policies.

https://ark-funds.com/

Thanks John! Appreciated.

——-

Also, as a general statement, I called it. Hahaha.

900,000 Americans filed for unemployment yet the Nasdaq and S&P set new records on Biden’s second day.

What a joke.

I say again, over. Wall Street doesn’t care who POTUS is.

Phucc politics and all the noise and distractions. Let’s all rip the head off the lion. For our families.
    This above all..

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Vehicle electrification is boosting Ford.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    I believe Fords decision to stop manufacturing "cars" as opposed to SUV's and F150's in order to focus on electrification will make Ford the leader in EV sales in 6-7 years. When dividends come back my cost basis will equal 12%. thats a keep forever for me. Plus I like owning American manufacturing.
    RWGFY

"I'd rather go down the river with seven studs than with a hundred shytheads"
    - COL Charles Beckwith

Originally Posted by RoccoSifred View Post
    You are referring to government bonds, I am referring to intermediate core bonds. There are plenty of investment grade bond funds far outpacing inflation. Fidelity Investment Grade, Baird Aggregate, Blair Bond, just to name a few. Our after-tax return was ~6% for 2020 which is low due to the fact we churned through our revenue reserves at a higher rate. For investors that genuinely parked their money saw between 7.5-10%

Which platform do you use for research and analysis? I am certainly not wedded to Fidelity's, we also use Ally for research purposes. We feel Ally provides better background analysis of fund managers.
    Ahh gotcha, ya Im just talking intermediate bonds. I do need to educate myself more on gov't bonds. Still, I'm not parking money there in this current market.

I use TastyTrade quite a bit for TA. That and of course Google to research companies. I love Ally and currently keep money parked there for liquidity but HATE their investment side. But FYI I'm swing trading stocks AND options and using this to generate monthly income to use now. Different strategies for long term.
    ☻/
    /▌

Thanks John! Appreciated.

——-

Also, as a general statement, I called it. Hahaha.

900,000 Americans filed for unemployment yet the Nasdaq and S&P set new records on Biden’s second day.

What a joke.

I say again, over. Wall Street doesn’t care who POTUS is.

Phucc politics and all the noise and distractions. Let’s all rip the head off the lion. For our families.
    100% on point.

Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    And GM. They have exploded. VW, IMO, will lead the world in EV though. Hyundai will make huge gains too in this area and their partnership w/Canoo is going to help a ton.
    ☻/
    /▌

So you would park money there right now? I wouldn't. The market is way to bullish with very little bear triggers to make me dump money in bonds right now.
    Very little bear triggers? An S&P P/E that's 2X its historical mean. And how about investor sentiment? That's a contrarian indicator. Investors usually get it wrong. I remember the late 90's. Making 15% on your money left you depressed. And then March 2000.

I think 2021 will be flat at best. I'm talking 0% gain and we might end down a lot lower than where we are. I, of course, might be wrong, so for my goals I'll stay with my current stock/bond mix.

How about you? Dec 31 2021. How much will the S&P or the Dow be up?

Originally Posted by Payton1221 View Post
    Very little bear triggers? An S&P P/E that's 2X its historical mean. And how about investor sentiment? That's a contrarian indicator. Investors usually get it wrong. I remember the late 90's. Making 15% on your money left you depressed. And then March 2000.

I think 2021 will be flat at best. I'm talking 0% gain and we might end down a lot lower than where we are. I, of course, might be wrong, so for my goals I'll stay with my current stock/bond mix.

How about you? Dec 31 2021. How much will the S&P or the Dow be up?
    If I knew that I'd never have to work again.

Yup, very little bear triggers. We are in an economy that is waiting to fully open. When that happens things will explode. Couple that with more stimulus, an admin investing in clean energy including tax incentives for "going green", low interest rates and a FED that has pledged to keep printing money I think we have good growth come Dec 2021 and I'll play the market that way. But I'm smart enough to switch if needed.
    ☻/
    /▌