Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Well I'm done with my witcher 3 journey brahs. Finished it in deathmach with Aerondight and full feline GM gear. In on witcher 4
    if you need someone to chat with, don't hesitate to shoot me a PM.

DerkBezerk is a name known to all. (+5000) DerkBezerk is a name known to all. (+5000) DerkBezerk is a name known to all. (+5000) DerkBezerk is a name known to all. (+5000) DerkBezerk is a name known to all. (+5000) DerkBezerk is a name known to all. (+5000) DerkBezerk is a name known to all. (+5000) DerkBezerk is a name known to all. (+5000) DerkBezerk is a name known to all. (+5000) DerkBezerk is a name known to all. (+5000) DerkBezerk is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ChangeOfStyle View Post
    Well I'm done with my witcher 3 journey brahs. Finished it in deathmach with Aerondight and full feline GM gear. In on witcher 4
    Is Aerondight worth it?

It has lower damage stats than the mastercrafted feline sword I'm using so I've currently got it stashed.

Mercenary. Non-negotiable CaliSuperSport's Avatar
    CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You beat Blood and Wine too?
    ωσяℓ∂ тяανєℓєя ȼяєω
    Pre-Med crew
    ★ NUFC ☆
    ₪ DEFQON.1 AUSTRALIA 2016 ₪
    177 lbs | O: 165 /// B: 275 /// S: 335 /// D: 390

BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DerkBezerk View Post
    Is Aerondight worth it?

It has lower damage stats than the mastercrafted feline sword I'm using so I've currently got it stashed.

Depends which one you're talking about. You can get random "Aerondight" drops during the game (relic silver swords), but the "real" one can only be obtained in BaW at the end of a quest chain, and has the following effect:

"Each blow generates charges which increase sword damage by 10%. Charges are lost over time or when receiving damage. A fully-charged sword always deals critical hit damage. Killing a foe with a fully loaded sword will expend its charge to permanently increase the weapon's damage. Damage is increased by: 0 (to a maximum of 10 - increasing along with your character level)."

This pretty much makes it the best silver sword in the game, as its damage keeps scaling with your character. You build up charges by whacking monsters - while avoiding taking damage -, the tenth hit will be a guaranteed crit and it will also permanently upgrade the sword's damage as well.

ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Is Aerondight worth it?

Not talking about the normal aerondight, talking about the one in the actual DLC. Gives like 1% of sword damage per attack to a maximum of 10%. OP as **** with mutations

And yeah I beat B&W

DerkBezerk is a name known to all. (+5000) DerkBezerk is a name known to all. (+5000) DerkBezerk is a name known to all. (+5000) DerkBezerk is a name known to all. (+5000) DerkBezerk is a name known to all. (+5000) DerkBezerk is a name known to all. (+5000) DerkBezerk is a name known to all. (+5000) DerkBezerk is a name known to all. (+5000) DerkBezerk is a name known to all. (+5000) DerkBezerk is a name known to all. (+5000) DerkBezerk is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Not talking about the normal aerondight, talking about the one in the actual DLC. Gives like 1% of sword damage per attack to a maximum of 10%. OP as **** with mutations

And yeah I beat B&W
    Ahhh I follow. I'll have to keep my eye out for that, currently playing through HoS.

Ahhh I follow. I'll have to keep my eye out for that, currently playing through HoS.
    Yeah it's a pretty solid weapon, best in the game tbh especially with mutations. Plus my build is strictly fast attacks and alot of poison damage so once it procs, the person takes like 1.5-2k damage per second on one poison and that was without the damage of aerondight, put that into the mix with full grandmaster feline gear + full QUEN strength and you're an unstoppable force but you need to dodge like your life depends on it

Elvis.Costello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elvis.Costello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elvis.Costello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elvis.Costello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elvis.Costello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elvis.Costello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elvis.Costello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elvis.Costello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elvis.Costello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elvis.Costello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elvis.Costello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Currently towards the end of my 3rd full playthrough. (Well for main game, was second for HoS and first for BaW). And I am playing so slow now. Don’t want it to end. Blood and Wine is so good it’s actually amazing. Feels like the first time I played TW3 in 2015 all over again.
    SCC - Redskins - Wizards
    2021 Goal - regain the shreds

KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah it's a pretty solid weapon, best in the game tbh especially with mutations. Plus my build is strictly fast attacks and alot of poison damage so once it procs, the person takes like 1.5-2k damage per second on one poison and that was without the damage of aerondight, put that into the mix with full grandmaster feline gear + full QUEN strength and you're an unstoppable force but you need to dodge like your life depends on it
    Aerondight
    Full Grandmaster Ursine
    Lots of points into red combat tree
    Some points for increased toxicity thresholds in green tree
    "Euphoria" as your mutation

^Running this build was enough for me to just steamroll almost every single enemy, even on Death March. Much stronger than the Griffin/Sign build I ran before it.

Originally Posted by KathleenRyan View Post
    Aerondight
    Full Grandmaster Ursine
    Lots of points into red combat tree
    Some points for increased toxicity thresholds in green tree
    "Euphoria" as your mutation

^Running this build was enough for me to just steamroll almost every single enemy, even on Death March. Much stronger than the Griffin/Sign build I ran before it.
    Seems like that's a really tanky build with a some decent toxicity supplements lmao, did you just sustain through a VERY long fight? Difference between that and Feline is the damage is much more but you'll get one-two shot depending on what you're fighting

KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Seems like that's a really tanky build with a some decent toxicity supplements lmao, did you just sustain through a VERY long fight? Difference between that and Feline is the damage is much more but you'll get one-two shot depending on what you're fighting
    You'd think that, but there are traits in the red combat tree as well as I think some of the special neutral abilities where I was able to deal higher damage in full Ursine than I think was possible in Feline.

Rend and whirl would kill my opponents quick AF. But yes, the armor also provided a lot more defense than Feline. Honestly I think it's the most overpowered build possible in the game overall.

Registered User DrunkNinjaMastr's Avatar
    DrunkNinjaMastr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DrunkNinjaMastr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DrunkNinjaMastr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DrunkNinjaMastr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DrunkNinjaMastr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DrunkNinjaMastr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DrunkNinjaMastr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DrunkNinjaMastr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DrunkNinjaMastr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DrunkNinjaMastr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DrunkNinjaMastr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I got hooked on this game again. I'm almost finished Blood and Wine on Death March with an Alchemy/Bombs build. After playing with pure combat and signs build, I highly recommend the Alchemy tree. Every battle I'm on three different decoctions with room for more potions, so Geralt is literally a mutated freak causing mass destruction. I also got the perk in the general skill tree that doubles the damage of bombs, but with only half the amount of bombs. You can max out the alchemy skill that increases the amount of bombs in your inventory, and you are still left with 5 of each bomb causing max damage. On one of the Hanse camps in B&W the guy with the torch got out and like 20 bandits came after me. I started chucking a combination of northern lights and grapeshot which fully massacred the majority of them. I think I counted 7 bandits that were completely frozen in place after the battle was over.

Another cool trick is to go into battle with Superior golden oriole and the drop poison bombs on your enemies. You can just dance around them healing yourself while your enemies slowly die from the effects of the poison. There is so much cool **** you can do with this build that I overlooked before. The only signs I maxed out were Quen exploding shield and Axii delusion for dialogue options. The other signs were just used as support depending on the enemy I was facing. The only combat skill I maxed out was the first fast attack skill since I relied a lot on quick strikes to poison my enemies. The only gripe some people have is that pure alchemy builds become super OP even on Death March.

CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Alright so who did the Unseen section of Blood & Wine? That was pretty cool.

Only thing, Detlaff is ****ing 2 shotting me and I cant even damage him. what do bros?

Originally Posted by DrunkNinjaMastr View Post
    Another cool trick is to go into battle with Superior golden oriole and the drop poison bombs on your enemies. You can just dance around them healing yourself while your enemies slowly die from the effects of the poison. There is so much cool **** you can do with this build that I overlooked before. The only signs I maxed out were Quen exploding shield and Axii delusion for dialogue options. The other signs were just used as support depending on the enemy I was facing. The only combat skill I maxed out was the first fast attack skill since I relied a lot on quick strikes to poison my enemies. The only gripe some people have is that pure alchemy builds become super OP even on Death March.
    This reminds me how many tactics you can use in this game. I only use like 2 decoctions and there's tons of them.
    ωσяℓ∂ тяανєℓєя ȼяєω
    Pre-Med crew
    ★ NUFC ☆

Allied Allies Alliance VTheKing's Avatar
    VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by CaliSuperSport View Post
    Alright so who did the Unseen section of Blood & Wine? That was pretty cool.

Only thing, Detlaff is ****ing 2 shotting me and I cant even damage him. what do bros?

Assuming you got past his human form...

For his usual attacks you can ground him with Aard after dodging then hack away at him. He's also vulnerable whenever he lands. Don't walk up to the blood spike things as you'll get stuck in them.

When he flies up in the sky with bats then divebombs you - you have to dodge the attack within a fairly narrow time window, and IIRC you can't damage him during this move. Easier done by moving to the opposite end of the arena when he starts charging up the attack.
    Go Canucks Go!

Mais notre monde érodé restera le même
    Et demain toi et moi serons partis

Originally Posted by VTheKing View Post
    Assuming you got past his human form...

For his usual attacks you can ground him with Aard after dodging then hack away at him. He's also vulnerable whenever he lands. Don't walk up to the blood spike things as you'll get stuck in them.

When he flies up in the sky with bats then divebombs you - you have to dodge the attack within a fairly narrow time window, and IIRC you can't damage him during this move. Easier done by moving to the opposite end of the arena when he starts charging up the attack.
    That's been the problem, the bat divebomb seemed undodgeable, but I'll try again thx
    ωσяℓ∂ тяανєℓєя ȼяєω
    Pre-Med crew
    ★ NUFC ☆

JUST BEAT THE WHOLE GAME (thoughts)

Finally beat Blood & Wine today. Not gonna lie I dropped the difficult to normal because Detlaff's bat attack was taking like 70% of my health. B&W was solid and I'm not surprised most micers were raving about it, some hnnngg landscape and really cool fantasy concepts thrown in. I wish Detlaff had more involvement because he's a badass character. Otherwise the plot with the vampires was pretty good and Regis is now my favorite Witcher series character:

Unfortunately I unknowingly ignored the Aerondight until after the game. Got it after the DLC was finished.

Spoiler!

One more thing, I thought I screwed up during the big shock moment at the end, but after re-loading and trying another option it didn't change anything. So..

Spoiler!
    Last edited by CaliSuperSport; 12-24-2020 at 10:25 AM.
    ωσяℓ∂ тяανєℓєя ȼяєω
    Pre-Med crew
    ★ NUFC ☆

OttomanEmpire has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OttomanEmpire has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OttomanEmpire has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OttomanEmpire has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OttomanEmpire has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OttomanEmpire has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OttomanEmpire has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OttomanEmpire has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OttomanEmpire has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OttomanEmpire has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OttomanEmpire has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What's a good build for a first time? I currently have skills in light armor perk, fast attacks, quen and gourmet. Ever since i got gourmet, healing hasn't been a problem. Probably wasted a skill on that earlier one where you heal during the day and stamina during the night. I heard att/alchemy is most op, but I'm not familiar with alchemy etc.

Originally Posted by OttomanEmpire View Post
    What's a good build for a first time? I currently have skills in light armor perk, fast attacks, quen and gourmet. Ever since i got gourmet, healing hasn't been a problem. Probably wasted a skill on that earlier one where you heal during the day and stamina during the night. I heard att/alchemy is most op, but I'm not familiar with alchemy etc.
    I used Ursan for most of TW3 up to mastercrafted just because of the pure brawling resistance. Then I switched to Wolven because it looks cooler. I never really worried about resistances/bonuses though, I just maxed out whatever armor I could.

I used the freezing Aard build through B&W and it's kinda OP.
    ωσяℓ∂ тяανєℓєя ȼяєω
    Pre-Med crew
    ★ NUFC ☆

OttomanEmpire has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OttomanEmpire has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OttomanEmpire has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OttomanEmpire has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OttomanEmpire has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OttomanEmpire has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OttomanEmpire has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OttomanEmpire has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OttomanEmpire has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OttomanEmpire has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OttomanEmpire has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I used Ursan for most of TW3 up to mastercrafted just because of the pure brawling resistance. Then I switched to Wolven because it looks cooler. I never really worried about resistances/bonuses though, I just maxed out whatever armor I could.

I used the freezing Aard build through B&W and it's kinda OP.
    Probably going to go fast attacks/light armor, some perks in alchemy for those poisoned blades whenever you use right oil on your blade since I use those a lot and the perk that any potion heals you. I read that decorations build most op but I've never used those. And I'll put rest in the QUEN shield that heals you for amount of damage you took when shield was up.

Originally Posted by OttomanEmpire View Post
    Probably going to go fast attacks/light armor, some perks in alchemy for those poisoned blades whenever you use right oil on your blade since I use those a lot and the perk that any potion heals you. I read that decorations build most op but I've never used those. And I'll put rest in the QUEN shield that heals you for amount of damage you took when shield was up.
    Building Quen is definitely a good option. I never went past exploding shield but I could see the other upgrades being super useful in Death Marth. There's also a decoction that auto-applies Quen when you hit low vitality, I believe. Would also alleviate one design flaw in this game which is the sheer quantity of potion/decoction/upgrade options by just having a life saving shield. I find myself fussing around in the inventory way too much during fights. If there was a way to make combat buffs more intuitive that would be nice.
    ωσяℓ∂ тяανєℓєя ȼяєω
    Pre-Med crew
    ★ NUFC ☆

Building Quen is definitely a good option. I never went past exploding shield but I could see the other upgrades being super useful in Death Marth. There's also a decoction that auto-applies Quen when you hit low vitality, I believe. Would also alleviate one design flaw in this game which is the sheer quantity of potion/decoction/upgrade options by just having a life saving shield. I find myself fussing around in the inventory way too much during fights. If there was a way to make combat buffs more intuitive that would be nice.
    Are decorations easy to make or get the ingredients for as you get farther in the game? Do you have to get ingredients again or just the alchoholest to refill when you meditate?

Just finished B&W - goat status confirmed.

That expansion had a storyline that beats out many game's main event!

It did seem a little short on side-quests but I haven't finished exploring everywhere yet.

I got the good ending too.

Given the current state of things, I'm tempted to give Cyberpunk a miss and wait for the next-gen update to W3 and do another play through.

Doober4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doober4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doober4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doober4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doober4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doober4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doober4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doober4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doober4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doober4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doober4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The build where you gain massive attack power and vitality the more poisoned you are is the best but it’s kind of over powered.
    ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Browns
    ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Indians
    ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Buckeyes
    ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Beer
    ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Cavs