Closed Thread
    hardworker25 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

No results even after working hard consistently

Hi everyone,
    I am a 16-year-old guy with a weight of 81.3kg and 6 feet 1 inch tall.
    I wanted to get thinner and reveal my abs this quarantine period and for that, I have been working hard for more than a month now. Initially, I lost some inches but after a week or two, my progress has stagnated. I watched so many youtube videos and tried to implement them in my life.

Exercise-
    Usually I workout in the morning for one-hour combining floor exercises and resistance training. I do HIIT on alternate days or every 3 days.
    I have a few pieces of gym equipment at my place and I use them. I also do a lot of floor exercises for abs.
    In addition, I have started running every evening (replacing walking which I did for the first month). I have gained muscles but I can't seem to lose fat. I can only see my upper 2 abs.

Diet-
    I track my meals on a calorie counting app and I am following intermittent fasting (16/8) for the past 5 days. Normally my eating habits aren't very unhealthy either. Very very rarely I have any junk food and I always eat in a caloric deficit. I have cut down on all sugar for the past 2 months.

Working hard and making so many compromises and still yielding no results is very disheartening.
    Any and all help is appreciated. I will be happy to provide information as you require.

Thank you
    Last edited by hardworker25; 05-02-2020 at 12:08 PM.

Noctive has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Noctive has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Noctive has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Noctive has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Noctive has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Noctive has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Noctive has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Noctive has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Noctive has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Noctive has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Noctive has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by hardworker25 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I am a 16-year-old guy with a weight of 81.3kg and 6 feet 1 inch tall.
    I wanted to get thinner and reveal my abs this quarantine period and for that, I have been working hard for more than a month now. Initially, I lost some inches but after a week or two, my progress has stagnated. I watched so many youtube videos and tried to implement them in my life.

Exercise-
    Usually I workout in the morning for one-hour combining floor exercises and resistance training. I do HIIT on alternate days or every 3 days.
    I have a few pieces of gym equipment at my place and I use them. I also do a lot of floor exercises for abs.
    In addition, I have started running every evening (replacing walking which I did for the first month). I have gained muscles but I can't seem to lose fat. I can only see my upper 2 abs.

Diet-
    I track my meals on a calorie counting app and I am following intermittent fasting (16/8) for the past 5 days. Normally my eating habits aren't very unhealthy either. very very rarely I have any junk food and I always eat in a caloric deficit. I have cut down on all sugar for the past 2 months.

Working hard and making so many compromises and still yielding no results is very disheartening.
    Any and all help is appreciated. I will be happy to provide information as you require.

Thank you
    Ok

Losing fat is so simple. The biggest problem i see with people trying to lose fat is overcomplicating. The most important stuff ill put right down in topics

3 ways to get thinner without loosing muscle ( if you dont do these you can lose weight and just get skinny fat i doubt anyone wants that so imma leave them here)

1. Cant be discussed here
    2. Resistance training
    3. Tons of protein

Dont lose weight to fast. 1% bodyweight max per week.

Calculate your Daily caloric intake to mantain weight, cut that value by 25% should be enough

Eat between 1.6 and 2.2 G protein per KG bodyweight

Avoid sugars, drink water.

As simple as it gets dont overcomplicate, cutting doesnt happen from night to day just keep at it and you will see results

Originally Posted by Noctive View Post
    Ok

Losing fat is so simple. The biggest problem i see with people trying to lose fat is overcomplicating. The most important stuff ill put right down in topics

3 ways to get thinner without loosing muscle ( if you dont do these you can lose weight and just get skinny fat i doubt anyone wants that so imma leave them here)

1. Cant be discussed here
    2. Resistance training
    3. Tons of protein

Dont lose weight to fast. 1% bodyweight max per week.

Calculate your Daily caloric intake to mantain weight, cut that value by 25% should be enough

Eat between 1.6 and 2.2 G protein per KG bodyweight

Avoid sugars, drink water.

As simple as it gets dont overcomplicate, cutting doesnt happen from night to day just keep at it and you will see results
    Thank you for the advice.
    I am avoiding sugar since months and doing resistance training.. still, I am as fat as I was a month ago.
    I would be very happy with 1% weight but it seems I have hit a flat wall now.

Anything else I should change from my routine?
    Thanks
    Last edited by hardworker25; 05-02-2020 at 11:59 AM.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Just swap out some of the things you eat for vegetables.

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You may not get abs no matter how much fat you lose if they aren't developed enough. Post a pic of yourself for better advice. Generally at 16 you shouldn't be limiting your calories too much. Usually all you need is to make the right food choices no fast food, processed carbs, soda, etc and don't drink you calories so limit fruit juices, etc
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    You may not get abs no matter how much fat you lose if they aren't developed enough. Post a pic of yourself for better advice. Generally at 16 you shouldn't be limiting your calories too much. Usually all you need is to make the right food choices no fast food, processed carbs, soda, etc and don't drink you calories so limit fruit juices, etc
    I have not consumed soda, cold drinks, fruit juices for at least a month and a half. And I've limited on processed carbs too.
    Haven't touched fast food in a long time, maybe 2-3 months.
    But tbh I did have a cheat meal a month ago, although that junk food too was home made.
    And I do ab exercises too. I can feel them under my fat if I flex my muscles.
    Here is a photo for reference from 2nd May 2020, untightened muscles.
    Thank you
    Attached Images
    Last edited by hardworker25; 05-02-2020 at 10:03 PM.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You have too little muscle to make chasing abs worthwhile.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    You have too little muscle to make chasing abs worthwhile.
    Elaborate, please?
    And any suggestions? What should I focus on more? Cardio, full-body muscles, abs??

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    He means that if you start trying to diet all the time, you'll end up looking like a scarecrow, not a good look. You need to gain some muscle first.

If I were you, I would just keep training hard trying to make progress in the gym. Don't let your weight get higher but don't be trying to diet because that will stop muscle gain from happening.

snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    At 16 you should not be completely restricting food groups or doing IF

1. IF helps you just eat less but it can create unhealthy eating habits such as binging
    2. Moderation not elimination. Eating veggies, lean protein and complex carbs is great, but cutting out all sugar or all “junk food” is starting to label or could be starting to label food good or bad. Clean or dirty, to cut it’s really about getting the fats and protein you need and the right calorie amount to be below maintenance. You should still enjoy a meal out here and there or something sweet. I have abs and eat froyo almost 5 times a week but in moderation.
    Insta is username snails.r.us

Thanks for the advice and taking out time to help. I will apply these tips and get healthier.
    I appreciate y'all

For now, I will focus on building muscles maintaining a healthy diet.
    I hope this will help

Also, are bodyweight exercises good enough to increase muscles for this matter?

snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for the advice and taking out time to help. I will apply these tips and get healthier.
    I appreciate y'all

For now, I will focus on building muscles maintaining a healthy diet.
    I hope this will help

Also, are bodyweight exercises good enough to increase muscles for this matter?
    depends but most likely if this is the first time you are lifting but calisthenics can have good results for even more advanced lifters. If you get sore in a good way and allow proper rest in between lifting your on to a good start. Find a good beginner program, I started lifting in a gym at 11, but did calisthenics from a very young age with sports with gymnastics, dance and competitive cheer. Middle school wrestling I got a lot out of warm up which was also calisthenics
    Insta is username snails.r.us

Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    depends but most likely if this is the first time you are lifting but calisthenics can have good results for even more advanced lifters. If you get sore in a good way and allow proper rest in between lifting your on to a good start. Find a good beginner program, I started lifting in a gym at 11, but did calisthenics from a very young age with sports with gymnastics, dance and competitive cheer. Middle school wrestling I got a lot out of warm up which was also calisthenics
    Actually I used to be overweight 3 years ago and I managed to shed around 17kgs. That time I used to lift moderately. However, after a point, I had stopped. Now I did start a little lifting a month ago and that's why I'm a little sceptical about muscle gain through bodyweight exercises. Although I will give it a shot and hopefully see results.
    I have very limited weighted exercises to do at home anyway due to the COVID outbreak.
    Thanks for helping.

Exclamation Update:

Hey everyone
    Today I complete one month off intermittent fasting. And I have started to do full body exercises
    I can see some muscle growth but fat sits still
    I have been calculating daily calories and they've been averaging to about 1800 per day..

Not losing any fat is demotivating after doing everything... Any idea what I might be lacking?

Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Build muscle for 6-12 months, then try to cut down. You’ll probably be happier with the results. Recognize that a month is nothing, nothing at all.

Or disregard the advice above and cut first, but at 16 and no muscle base, I really don’t think you’ll be happy with that. You’ve already seen that it wasn’t producing the results you want, so be patient.
    My Candito Linear log:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177212011&p=1581528721#post1581528721

My Fierce 5 Novice log (deprecated): https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175702561&p=1550387651#post1550387651

My Strava profile: https://www.strava.com/athletes/3015113

Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Eat more Protein. It fills you up more and is needed for muscle growth.

You think that body weight exercises aren't challenging? Try doing sets of 40-50 push-ups at a time. If that seems easy (I doubt that it will be though) then load up a backpack with books, put it on and do 40-50 more.

See about getting to sets of 15 or more pull-ups at a time. If you get to that point, then put the backpack full of books on and try again.

If you ~really~ want to work out then you ~will~ find ways to do it. Anything else is just excuses.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

Hey everyone
    Today I complete one month off intermittent fasting. And I have started to do full body exercises
    I can see some muscle growth but fat sits still
    I have been calculating daily calories and they've been averaging to about 1800 per day..

Not losing any fat is demotivating after doing everything... Any idea what I might be lacking?
    I notice that you ignored the advice that losing weight is not going to help you. Y'know when several highly experienced lifters say something, maybe they are on to something?

I'm locking this thread because of the reasons given in the under 18s sticky thread at the top of the page. You can ask questions about gaining muscle in other sub forums but you're done here.