Snapman40 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Reached protein goal but need carbs/fat/calories

I’m an extremely active athlete in pretty good shape 6’ 4” 230lbs and I’m constantly finding myself at the end of the day with my no protein left on my macros while still needing roughly 250gs carbs and 100gs of fat and almost 2,000 calories. I eat clean because I do not want to get fat (I wasn’t always in shape). What should I eat at the end of the day to fill my macros/calories?

jessefletcher4 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Snapman40 View Post
    I’m an extremely active athlete in pretty good shape 6’ 4” 230lbs and I’m constantly finding myself at the end of the day with my no protein left on my macros while still needing roughly 250gs carbs and 100gs of fat and almost 2,000 calories. I eat clean because I do not want to get fat (I wasn’t always in shape). What should I eat at the end of the day to fill my macros/calories?
    What are the macros that you're trying to achieve by days end?
    It sounds like you're only consuming protein if you still need that many c/f/cal.
    Also, you should not get/gain fat so long as you are not in a caloric surplus and are active.
    What I would say about getting in more carbs/fats is add fats to your cooking (i.e. olive oil used to cook with or to add flavor, it will add up), non-processed cheeses, and balance some carbs into your meals like prep some sweet potatoes, varieties of rice (quinoa, red rice, wild rice, basmati rice, brown rice, white rice, etc), variety of beans, make some burritos with regular/high carb tortillas.
    Through this, your calories will easily add up to 2k.

Best of luck, hope this helps