coseda is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Asymmetry in muscles on hips/thighs

Hello,

I have a good amount of asymmetry in the muscles of my hips/thighs. I'm pretty sure the right side of the picture is the side that is oddly developed. What kind of exercises might I be able to do to even this out and develop the muscles in the area? My swimsuit is bunched up at the waist to show the hips without interruption, so the dip at my waist is not normally there. Thanks for any help.
    Attached Images

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That really depends if it is generally muscle imbalance or its the shape of your hip.

As hip shape is not symmetrical and this can mean one side of the hip is higher then the other. Best way to tell is if either leg seems longer (its not its just your hip position) or one buttock cheek is slightly higher then the other.

This link here has some guidance:-

https://www.healthline.com/health/uneven-hips

Now it doesn't seem like that is case based on the picture but frontal pics don't really help nor is it your natural posture so a self-test in the mirror would kinda answer that (plus some back pain or discomfort etc)

Now if it is muscular imbalance in the hip you should notice some lessen in strength on one leg vs the other especially when doing hip based exercises such as Belgium split squat, step ups and lunges. If that is the case it would suggest that your form is slightly out on your major lower limbs compound lifts e.g. squat and one side is overcompensating.

If it is muscle imbalance I would focus on the weaker leg more during your exercises so add an extra few reps on your workouts on the weaker leg until it catches up. This is after you have addressed any possible form problems.

Another question would be is it muscle or fat (no offence at all as you like perfectly fine and not overweight), if it soft generally that would be fat indicating that one leg is leaner then the other, it happens as fat loss occurs where ever it wants. So if you lost more fat it would balance itself out.

coseda is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm pretty sure that it is a muscular imbalance, i can tell that the part that dips in is really weak and it seems like the muscle that sticks out almost in a bump is waaaaay over tight. That link you sent was very helpful and I will try massaging out that muscle (hadn't thought to do that for some reason) and the different stretches and exercises to correct it.

After looking at it, I don't think it's a difference in leg length, so I must have been really favoring one side of my body for years without realizing it (even just in my day to day life). It doesn't seem to be fat distribution either, definitely muscle that is imbalanced.

My right leg is significantly weaker than the left so I'll focus on that side more as you suggested in addition to the stuff from the link you sent. Thank you for all of the suggestions and resources