vaddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vaddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vaddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vaddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vaddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vaddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vaddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vaddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vaddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vaddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vaddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need to impress my wife

Hello everyone. After looking at some of the videos on youtube on how helpful this community is I wanted to take all your advices and try to be a better version of myself. I am not fat, nor skinny, but I have been wanting to build myself like one of you guys with stronger arms and 6 packs. I have been working out for a month now due to this covid situation, but I am determined to go ahead with body building. I really need some advice on how do I achieve bigger arms by not making my belly grow bigger. My other goal is by being fit - which I think I am not far off.

I am posting my pictures here. Any help and guidance from you guys is appreciated.

Also confident that I will follow dietary plans if necessary.

Thank you everyone!
    Attached Images

NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by vaddy View Post
    Hello everyone. After looking at some of the videos on youtube on how helpful this community is I wanted to take all your advices and try to be a better version of myself. I am not fat, nor skinny, but I have been wanting to build myself like one of you guys with stronger arms and 6 packs. I have been working out for a month now due to this covid situation, but I am determined to go ahead with body building. I really need some advice on how do I achieve bigger arms by not making my belly grow bigger. My other goal is by being fit - which I think I am not far off.

I am posting my pictures here. Any help and guidance from you guys is appreciated.

Also confident that I will follow dietary plans if necessary.

Thank you everyone!
    Try AthleanX on YouTube. He's got some great quarantine workouts.
    I am one of the 3%.
    I am one of the 1 in 8.
    www.metavivor.org
    www.metavivor.org/take-action/why-we-need-you

vaddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vaddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vaddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vaddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vaddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vaddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vaddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vaddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vaddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vaddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vaddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There are workouts, but is there a step by step way to show how to gain mass and not get the belly out?

colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000)
    To gain mass/muscle you need to eat slightly above maintenance calories in addition to working out. Start with about 300 cal above maintenance, weigh yourself every day and track weight, adjust as needed.

To keep belly in check (which shouldn't be a major problem eating in a modest surplus) I recommend stomach vacuums.

KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by NerdyLady View Post
    Try AthleanX on YouTube. He's got some great quarantine workouts.
    I highly recommend this as well. You can look up "AthleanX Chest/Back/Arms" or whatever and he'll have full workouts outlined you can just copy.

Besides AthleanX, Jeff Nippard is also a good source of info on YouTube. Between the two of those you'll have literally all the info you need.

HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good goals, but I strongly advise you to focus on working out for yourself. If your wife happens to approve and support you, great, but counting on someone else for positive feedback is never a good plan.
    At age 64, I've exceeded all my prior PRs. Not “over the hill” yet. :)

My workout journal is here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176385621

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you want to impress your wife, ask her what she likes.

No point spending all your time trying to build big biceps if she actually doesn't care for that and like muscular legs, or slim stomach, or something else...

If you don't have a pull-ups bar, use 2 small towels https://www.t-nation.com/training/ti...here-like-this . (Wish I could remember who first posted that link in these forums, they deserve more rep'ing for it)

Read this book and follow the instructions

https://www.amazon.com/Convict-Condi.../dp/B004XIZN5M

Enjoy!