Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Multi-grip bars Or duffalo type bars

Do you guys use these? I’m thinking of purchasing a multi-grip bar to hopefully alleviate some shoulder pain on pressing movements.

I wonder though if a buffalo/duffalo style bar may be better suited for me and my wife? Will that style help me any for pressing? My wife has limited mobility in her shoulders and squatting with a straight bar causes her some pretty big issues. We purchased a belt squat to allow her to squat at home and not use the barbell but she would like to use both at different times.

smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ameade84 View Post
    Do you guys use these? I’m thinking of purchasing a multi-grip bar to hopefully alleviate some shoulder pain on pressing movements.

I wonder though if a buffalo/duffalo style bar may be better suited for me and my wife? Will that style help me any for pressing? My wife has limited mobility in her shoulders and squatting with a straight bar causes her some pretty big issues. We purchased a belt squat to allow her to squat at home and not use the barbell but she would like to use both at different times.
    The buf-duf bar will be harder on your shoulders if used for benching
    Best Raw total 1850 at 181 lbs
    best comp raw lifts @ 181
    squat 710
    bench 500
    deadlift 670
    "Lightest man to bench 500 raw in a full meet"
    my you tube channel of my training http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkt7CVJ7443k6Vu_1DwP3UA
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #9 ||---||
    ()---() York Barbell Club #81 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #81 []---[]

dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Multigrip bars seem to help some with shoulder pain but you should try one before buying, if you can. You can also do rack presses or use bench blocks(even 2x6s on your chest) to lessen the ROM. If you're doing rack presses, you may want to use a crappy bar though.

As for squats, an SSB would probably be your best bet.

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

While I can't speak on behalf of the buffalo bars, I do have a football bar with angled grips that I like a real lot...I feel it places a bit more emphasis on the triceps and some chest depending on how wide, or narrow the grips you're using.

It has a lot of versatility too...flat/incline bench, rows and OHPs are some good movements with it, even curls and tricep extensions can be done with it.

I own a traditional framed FBB with rotating zinc sleeves and knurled grips (not the boxed style frame with stationary sleeves) and like it...a bit more compact and less cumbersome due to the separate frames with middle bar portion, although the version I have is more expensive and the other version seems to suffice just as well according to the others on here who own them.

EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I’ve been back on the edge slim football bar for about 6 weeks now for bench pressing. My pain is AC joint I believe and I can bench fine with the football bar. Really invaluable. Shoulder is almost better so hopefully I’ll be back to my regular bar. Last comment is that lock jaw type collars don’t fit, has been discussed previously at length. I’m using my old York spin lock collars.
    Check this thread:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=170735501
    I quote with pics. ()---() York Barbell Club #78 (DD) ()---()
    My gym walk thru: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1629553623#post1629553623

ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I love my AB T-Grip bar and don't see myself doing any pressing movements with a straight bar again

murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I currently have the Black Widow angled Swiss and the Titan Swiss bar. My shoulder likes the more extreme angles on the Titan, but with it only having one grip option it's not as versatile as the Black Widow.

https://www.blackwidowtg.com/Angled_...ngledswiss.htm
    https://www.titan.fitness/strength/b...ar/430069.html

ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks for the replies guys. These are the last two bars I’m considering to round out my barbell collection. I will likely go the multigrip route. I appreciate the input.

I’ve never looked at black widow. They have some nice looking options

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ncsuLuke View Post
    I love my AB T-Grip bar and don't see myself doing any pressing movements with a straight bar again
    I sold my 6' curl bar and ordered the T-Grip bar with double angled grips but still waiting for it to be shipped. Anxious to try it out.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post
    I sold my 6' curl bar and ordered the T-Grip bar with double angled grips but still waiting for it to be shipped. Anxious to try it out.
    I had that t grip ordered but canceled it due to some of the things I’ve seen online regarding shipping from them. I ended up ordering a Rogue MG-3. Excited to try it out!

Thanks again for all of the replies guys!

dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm in the same boat with shipping... I have yet to receive an update other than the order confirmation, since ordering. I ordered April 3rd.

Edit: just realized it is 14-21 business days... And I wait
    Last edited by dagdafitness; 04-23-2020 at 02:34 PM.

ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I should probably go ahead and sell my curl bars too (just cheap ones anyway) because it works well for both curls and skull crushers. I was lucky to order it before the world came to a halt.

ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I had that t grip ordered but canceled it due to some of the things I’ve seen online regarding shipping from them. I ended up ordering a Rogue MG-3. Excited to try it out!

Thanks again for all of the replies guys!
    Can you be more specific? The T-grip bar is my first AB bar and came in about 5 days after ordering, packaged about as well as a bar can be.

I sold my curl bar as well which was being used for skullcrushers only. Now I can use the T-grip bar for pressing as well as skullcrushers, win-win.

Originally Posted by ShockDaMuscles View Post
    Can you be more specific? The T-grip bar is my first AB bar and came in about 5 days after ordering, packaged about as well as a bar can be.

I sold my curl bar as well which was being used for skullcrushers only. Now I can use the T-grip bar for pressing as well as skullcrushers, win-win.
    I didn’t mean a negative towards their shipping practices or them. I had ordered April 5th and still didn’t have it. I know they have a shipping delay stated but had talked to another gentleman who had purchased plates back in March and still had not received his plates nearly 4 weeks later with no update on shipping and they were showing available for purchase on their site.

I don’t think it was them doing anything bad or sneaky. I just didn’t want to continue waiting for it with no communication.

When things get back to normal, I wouldn’t hesitate to order from them.

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I didn’t mean a negative towards their shipping practices or them. I had ordered April 5th and still didn’t have it. I know they have a shipping delay stated but had talked to another gentleman who had purchased plates back in March and still had not received his plates nearly 4 weeks later with no update on shipping and they were showing available for purchase on their site.

I don’t think it was them doing anything bad or sneaky. I just didn’t want to continue waiting for it with no communication.

The problem with AB is temporary due to the huge back log of orders. I ordered my T-grip bar 4/3 and an email from them said that they're shipping is dates are 20 - 24 business days from ordering date right now. I've wanted the angled T-Grip bar for a long time so I'll wait another week or so.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I also have the multi grip football bar with angles handles from EFTs.
    With the angled handles you can turn it around you can have a whole different type of grip.
    Either semi supinated or semi pronated so that eight different ways to grip the bar.
    This bar would be more versatile than a Duffalo bar.
    I have the IM buffalo bar and like it for squatting one a straight bar.
    It can be good for front squats also as it won't roll forward off the shoulders.
    I would agree though that a safety squat bar would be a better buy than a buffalo bar.
    Way more uses for it and it is extremely shoulder friendly.
    I have EFTs yoke bar and it's one of my favorites.

ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thanks for clearing that up. I haven't bought anything from them besides the T-grip bar so I can't speak outside of that experience, but based on what I've read about them on this forum, I would happily be a customer.

The problem with AB is temporary due to the huge back log of orders. I ordered my T-grip bar 4/3 and an email from them said that they're shipping is dates are 20 - 24 business days from ordering date right now. I've wanted the angled T-Grip bar for a long time so I'll wait another week or so.
    Yea they're all having inventory issues so you can't really blame them for that. Funny thing is I had been eyeing that bar for about a month but couldn't get past the shipping quote, which was showing $60 on their website. I decided to wait and it went on sale soon after.

The bar is definitely worth the wait. You can use the knurled bends in the middle and it functions similarly to a curl bar. Great for OHP as well because the bar doesn't get in the way like a normal multi-grip bar would.

Funny thing is I had been eyeing that bar for about a month but couldn't get past the shipping quote, which was showing $60 on their website. I decided to wait and it went on sale soon after.

The bar is definitely worth the wait. You can use the knurled bends in the middle and it functions similarly to a curl bar. Great for OHP as well because the bar doesn't get in the way like a normal multi-grip bar would.
    The T-Grip I ordered was $230 with free shipping.

That was what the one I had ordered cost as well
    Last edited by ameade84; 04-25-2020 at 06:29 PM.

That was what mine cost as well
    I should've clarified, I had decided to wait and then bought it during the sale with free shipping.

Can't break what's broken Synthetickiller's Avatar
    Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by smokinHawk View Post
    The buf-duf bar will be harder on your shoulders if used for benching
    I agree here. The added ROM is not going to do you OP any favors.
    The bar is just not as versatile as a multigrip bar. That said, if your shoulders hurts with a parallel grip or any grip from these bars, they won't be the answer either.
    Crews: Ivanko Barbell Crew #52, York Barbell Club #95, Equipment Crew #59
    Lifts no one cares about:
    SQ: 619x1 (suit bottoms, no belt) / 507x1 (raw, no belt)
    BP: 392x1 (pause bench, raw)
    DL: 500x1 (suit bottoms, no belt)

TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Synthetickiller View Post
    I agree here. The added ROM is not going to do you OP any favors.
    The bar is just not as versatile as a multigrip bar. That said, if your shoulders hurts with a parallel grip or any grip from these bars, they won't be the answer either.
    I have to disagree with you and others, here.

I could NOT bench for years before I got my duffalo bar. Too much shoulder pain.

I now bench exclusively on the duffalo with absolutely no pain.

Every now and then I will go back to my regular power bar (Ohio Power Bar) just to check and, yep, it doesn't feel right. At all.

Maybe it's just me. But duffalo has allowed me to continue benching and for that I love it. I also love to squat with it, but I can squat with multiple bars...

I can't say how much it helps or hurts in regards to shoulder pain because I've been relatively shoulder-pain free so far...fingers crossed. I rotate mine with the straight bar every 6-8 weeks, but what I've found is that the curve forces you to externally rotate the shoulders putting them in a safer position.

The extra ROM at the bottom and stretch on the pecs feels pretty good too, but I'm not pushing big numbers. I can see where the stretch on the pecs at the bottom could be dangerous once the weight is high enough.

smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TunaGill View Post
    I have to disagree with you and others, here.

I could NOT bench for years before I got my duffalo bar. Too much shoulder pain.

I now bench exclusively on the duffalo with absolutely no pain.

Every now and then I will go back to my regular power bar (Ohio Power Bar) just to check and, yep, it doesn't feel right. At all.

Maybe it's just me. But duffalo has allowed me to continue benching and for that I love it. I also love to squat with it, but I can squat with multiple bars...
    You are the minority with that then.
    Don't get me wrong. I liked using it for bench, brought my bench from 485 to 512 In 3 months, i just had to stop because it was so hard on my shoulders.
    Best Raw total 1850 at 181 lbs
    best comp raw lifts @ 181
    squat 710
    bench 500
    deadlift 670
    "Lightest man to bench 500 raw in a full meet"
    my you tube channel of my training http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkt7CVJ7443k6Vu_1DwP3UA
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #9 ||---||
    ()---() York Barbell Club #81 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #81 []---[]

TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by smokinHawk View Post
    You are the minority with that then.
    Don't get me wrong. I liked using it for bench, brought my bench from 485 to 512 In 3 months, i just had to stop because it was so hard on my shoulders.
    Understood I may be in the minority.

Reverse hypers didn't "work" for me, either and I know lots of people who swear by them.

On duffalo bar I got my bench back up to 330. When I tried 330 on my power bar, I could do it, but I also had pain and that feeling of if I continue, I'm going to get hurt.

Maybe I just have really bad form with a straight bar and the duffalo makes me use better form?

Dunno.

My Rogue MG3 arrived yesterday. Packaged excellent and it looks and feels great. I’m glad that’s what I decided to go with. Also, I received it within 5 days of when I ordered it. Can’t ask for much more considering the current situation with their business demand.

I got notification my T-Grip bar shipped today from American Barbell. Supposed to arrive May 6th.

I got notification my T-Grip bar shipped today from American Barbell. Supposed to arrive May 6th.
    Awesome! You will have to let us know how you like it once you receive it

This bad boy arrived yesterday and I had time to try it out today. First, this is the only bar I have from American Barbell and I'm very pleased with the bar itself and I think the build quality is great. It's their T - Grip double angled bar .

Attached Images

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This bad boy arrived yesterday and I had time to try it out today. First, this is the only bar I have from American Barbell and I'm very pleased with the bar itself and I think the build quality is great. It's their T - Grip double angled bar .

Congrats on the new addition, angled grip bars are very versatile and American Barbell is an awesome company!

I like how they added a knurled grip to the frame portion too (I assume for curls in the rack) a very noble cause indeed! AB thinks of everything.