nikelle44 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

NPC national qualifications

Hi there!

A little confused on the national show qualification. To qualify for a national show, I assume you must place top 2 in open at a local show. Are ALL local shows national qualifiers? Also, what is the difference between shows like JUNIOR USAs vs USAs? Is there a different qualification? Can someone overall please just explain how you qualify for what? πŸ˜‚πŸ™ˆ

TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by nikelle44 View Post
    Hi there!

A little confused on the national show qualification. To qualify for a national show, I assume you must place top 2 in open at a local show. Are ALL local shows national qualifiers? Also, what is the difference between shows like JUNIOR USAs vs USAs? Is there a different qualification? Can someone overall please just explain how you qualify for what? ν ½νΈ‚ν ½νΉˆ
    Copy paste from the NPC website:
    Beginning January 1, 2018 athletes must place Top 2 in an open class at a NPC National Qualifier to be qualified for any NPC National contest. All athletes that qualified in 2019 for a NPC National contest are eligible to compete in a NPC National Contest in 2020. Also, athletes that place 3rd, 4th or 5th place at the NPC USA or NPC Nationals are also qualified for one year.

This qualifies the competitor for competition on the NPC national level for a period of one (1) full calendar year after the year that the qualification took place. Example: If a competitor enters an NPC contest in October 2019, they are qualified through December 31, 2020.

I don't believe ALL shows are national qualifiers. Most run of the mill shows are what would be considered a "regional" show. If they are a national qualifier, it should be listed on their posters. For instance, the Wasatch Warrior that was on April 18th. In the advertisement poster, it's listed as a National Qualifier. So that would be what to look for. You could also just contact the promoter directly and ask if it's a national qualifier if you have any doubts.

Subscribe to my YouTube! getbigordie18's Avatar
    getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000)

NPC info

Originally Posted by nikelle44 View Post
    Hi there!

A little confused on the national show qualification. To qualify for a national show, I assume you must place top 2 in open at a local show. Are ALL local shows national qualifiers? Also, what is the difference between shows like JUNIOR USAs vs USAs? Is there a different qualification? Can someone overall please just explain how you qualify for what? πŸ˜‚πŸ™ˆ
    As trainbeastmode stated above from the npc website he couldn't have got it any better! Just focus on doing the best you can in a national qualifier weight. You can't control who shows up at a local competition. Just focus on breaking the best look you can and let the marbles fall where they fall. I never competed but I know that the USAs is usually a higher caliber of competitors than the Junior USAs. You can always try to contact an NPC judge to get the full information of email the NPC. Hope this helps with my limited knowledge.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94fe6xvYbVY
    Follow my Powerlifting and Bodybuilding Journey on Instagram derock5996
    Eat clean and train hard and keep it natural!
    -USAPL Powerlifter in the 93KG weight class