Registered User ArnoldHAMnEGGer's Avatar
    ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Recommendations For Front Squat Harness and Push Sled on Grass

Does anyone have any recommendations for a Front Squat Harness product? They all look the same to me. Really dying to do some sort of bar squat variation because bodyweight and Goblets are getting old and i'm tired of doing a million reps. I'd gladly take my OLY squats if it weren't for my POS back. Even a 95 back squat seemed to aggravate my back. I'm hoping that the Front Squat Harness will be gentle enough on my discs but still allow me to utilize a bar squat variation. Thoughts? Anyone have any experience using one?

Also, can anyone recommend a push sled that works well on grass and won't tear up the lawn?

THANKS!

cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ArnoldHAMnEGGer View Post
    Does anyone have any recommendations for a Front Squat Harness product? They all look the same to me. Really dying to do some sort of bar squat variation because bodyweight and Goblets are getting old and i'm tired of doing a million reps. I'd gladly take my OLY squats if it weren't for my POS back. Even a 95 back squat seemed to aggravate my back. I'm hoping that the Front Squat Harness will be gentle enough on my discs but still allow me to utilize a bar squat variation. Thoughts? Anyone have any experience using one?

Also, can anyone recommend a push sled that works well on grass and won't tear up the lawn?

THANKS!
    How about a belt squat to move good weight and save your back. Certainly other parts of the posterior chain will be left out a little but it's a decent compromise. Not sure I'd want to be doing much for front squats with a messed up back. Just seems like the chance to complicate the injury is there
    {5'7" and under #1}
    ▪█───█▪ Equipment Crew #77 ▪█───█▪
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew - Can't recall number [M]===[6]

ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by cwcmac View Post
    How about a belt squat to move good weight and save your back. Certainly other parts of the posterior chain will be left out a little but it's a decent compromise. Not sure I'd want to be doing much for front squats with a messed up back. Just seems like the chance to complicate the injury is there
    the gym i belong to has a belt squat, which i do use. this would be for the home gym. to be very honest, i don't dislike Belt Squats but i don't find them to be very effective for hitting the quads.

anonymous
    I hated both the front squat harnesses I tried, they felt absolutely terrible and totally corrupted the movement

straps on the bar is infinitely better, although if you have a clavicle issue I can empathize

Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What about deadlifts with a trap bar? I wouldn't put any weight on your shoulders with back trouble.

Originally Posted by Greybird2 View Post
    What about deadlifts with a trap bar? I wouldn't put any weight on your shoulders with back trouble.
    this is something i've thought about. the last time i used the high handles and supersetted them w/lunges and had a great workout. any bar in particular you'd recommend? i used Rogue's and for some reason i did not like it as much as the cheapo chrome one i used at the gym.

ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Black widow makes a front squat bar, kinda expensive for what it is.

ht tps://ww w.blackwidowtg.co m/Front_Squat_Bar_p/bar-front-squat.htm

Rows Could've Saved Jack Camarija's Avatar
    Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The Marr's Bar may be of interest to you if you're 100% set on a Front Squat Harness. And if money is no object, they're releasing a cerakote version soon.

Below is a review from a respected forum member here:

Originally Posted by Bench905 View Post
    I think I might've bashed the Marrs bar in another thread (can't recall), but if I did, I'm prepared to eat crow. Marrs had a stand at the Arnold and Cleveland33 and I tried it. I thought it was awesome honestly. The biggest improvement is that the front squat can be done totally hands free. I used to be able to do a clean grip on a front squat...not anymore because of mobility. With the Marrs bar, I was able to do multiple front squats with no hands and the thing just rock solid not moving anywhere. Back squats - same thing...although that's not nearly as ground-breaking since I can do no hand SSB squats with my EliteFTS. It did sit way further off the back than the EliteFTS obviously.

Otherwise, if you're trying to fry your quads without taxing your lower back, you may want to check out a sissy squat machine or similar machines.

The version below has adjustments for both the ankles and your calves. While most machines work for most people, these adjustments more or less ensure a perfect fit for most everyone always.

https://www.roguefitness.com/reflex-sissy-squat

This version allows you to work up to bodyweight sissy squats through counterbalanced assistance.

https://www.westside-barbell.com/pro...ithout-storage
    ► Calgary Barbell 8 Week ► Training Age: 9 Months ► Goal: Big 3 + Bulk
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179108161
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have the spud inc front squat harness and love it. I use it mostly for good morning exercises though.
    Best Raw total 1850 at 181 lbs
    best comp raw lifts @ 181
    squat 710
    bench 500
    deadlift 670
    "Lightest man to bench 500 raw in a full meet"
    my you tube channel of my training http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkt7CVJ7443k6Vu_1DwP3UA
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #9 ||---||
    ()---() York Barbell Club #81 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #81 []---[]

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ArnoldHAMnEGGer View Post
    Does anyone have any recommendations for a Front Squat Harness product?
    Find one of these used. Man they have really went up in price. Not long ago they were $600 new.

https://www.frankzane.com/shop/frank-zanes-leg-blaster/
    []---[] Equipment crew member #51 []---[]

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by deadwoodgregg View Post
    Sold mine because I didn't like how the bar pulled you forward, but I guess I could have loaded weights on the pegs like Zane's and get the same effect with the Titan harness.

https://www.titan.fitness/strongman/...ss/409018.html
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

Originally Posted by deadwoodgregg View Post
    Find one of these used. Man they have really went up in price. Not long ago they were $600 new.

https://www.frankzane.com/shop/frank-zanes-leg-blaster/
    i believe these are still in production. i think i saw one used within driving distance of me. if i had room i'd probably check it out. looks like it'd be gentle on my spine.

maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I picked up one of the XPO Trainer wheeled sleds and like it alot. I would recommend.

nnclark11 is just really nice. (+1000) nnclark11 is just really nice. (+1000) nnclark11 is just really nice. (+1000) nnclark11 is just really nice. (+1000) nnclark11 is just really nice. (+1000) nnclark11 is just really nice. (+1000) nnclark11 is just really nice. (+1000) nnclark11 is just really nice. (+1000) nnclark11 is just really nice. (+1000) nnclark11 is just really nice. (+1000) nnclark11 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have the Zane leg blaster simple design quite effective with high reps.
    Anyone have any experience with front squat harnesses for belt squat machine? In the market for one but haven’t seen many reviews for use on pit shark type machine

Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    Sold mine because I didn't like how the bar pulled you forward, but I guess I could have loaded weights on the pegs like Zane's and get the same effect with the Titan harness.

https://www.titan.fitness/strongman/...ss/409018.html
    That thing looks like it has too much potential to damage the man parts. LOL..