Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    damlurker550 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) damlurker550 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) damlurker550 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) damlurker550 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) damlurker550 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) damlurker550 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) damlurker550 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) damlurker550 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) damlurker550 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) damlurker550 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) damlurker550 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

(Ausbrahs)When do you think Australian gyms/economy will reopen?(srs)

New cases per day have been under 100 for almost 2 weeks.

For most of last week we had under 50 new cases a day.

New cases per day

We down from almost 500 cases per day.

We seem to doing quite well compared to America/Europe/Most of the rest of the world.
    I thought this would happen since there are so few centres of population over here so it must have be easier to contain.

I know America is already talking about reopening but haven't heard anything on this side, despite the situation being much better.

The curve has pretty much been flattened in the last 2 weeks:

Overall Confirmed Cases

We also have 2400+ people who have recovered so really there's only about 4k total cases over here.

edit:
    There's actually 3,808 recovered, better than I thought.

So there's only around 2650 active cases right now. That's pretty damn good considering what's going on in the rest of the world.
    Last edited by damlurker550; 04-17-2020 at 02:47 AM.
    While you were partying I studied the Blade.

aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Australia is probably top four in the world for lameness with absolutely nothing happening down their with the exception of mega douchebags harping non stop for attention.

Top four most boring places in the world:

1. Switzerland
    2. New Zealand
    3. Canada
    4. Australia

Australia has the best weather, but its economy is so bad... I just have nothing to say about the property valuations and the size of the pension funds business down there. smh at the largest ponzi schemes ever. Aussies are too cheeky to care about real life. Truer sheeps than any out there.

EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by aleeboy View Post
    Australia is probably top four in the world for lameness with absolutely nothing happening down their with the exception of mega douchebags harping non stop for attention.

Top four most boring places in the world:

1. Switzerland
    2. New Zealand
    3. Canada
    4. Australia

Australia has the best weather, but its economy is so bad... I just have nothing to say about the property valuations and the size of the pension funds business down there. smh at the largest ponzi schemes ever. Aussies are too cheeky to care about real life. Truer sheeps than any out there.
    Yet two of those have the highest immigration rates in the world. Mind you, one is because of easy welfare.

And OP yes, Australia is a massive example of a country still overreacting. 4 months around 70 deaths 1/3 of those being from boats, flattened case rates and yet many shops still have no toilet paper, people panicking, social distancing laws still as strict and the media trying their best to make this sound as dark as possible regardless of statistics pointing the other way.

Enjoy working extra hard as half the nation goes on welfare in a few months.
    EoR is powered by unique Nanomolecular Hyperdispersion Technology. Giving him high bioavailability and myocellular saturation.

aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EoR View Post
    Yet two of those have the highest immigration rates in the world. Mind you, one is because of easy welfare.
    Indeed, brother.

A lot of the immigration is driven by the need to park funds into property and local businesses as a just in case for the elites from a number of countries if you know what I mean?

ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So I heard Scomo talking about it yesterday stating that we won't be moving in the direction of other countries because the ones who did lift the restrictions had even more cases therefore Scomo isn't lifting any restrictions for atleast 5-6 months
    if you need someone to chat with, don't hesitate to shoot me a PM.

Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Scomo seems to want to start easing things a bit in about 4 weeks. Won't be back to normal for a longass time though.
    I will read and review 100 books this year: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176675491

“Many religions now come before us with ingratiating smirks and outspread hands, like an unctuous merchant in a bazaar. They offer consolation and solidarity and uplift, competing as they do in a marketplace. But we have a right to remember how barbarically they behaved when they were strong and were making an offer that people could not refuse.”

Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I just have nothing to say about the property valuations and the size of the pension funds business down there. smh at the largest ponzi schemes ever. Aussies are too cheeky to care about real life. Truer sheeps than any out there.
    You don't know what a ponzi scheme is.

Property is overvalued IMO but that doesn't make a ponzi scheme.

The majority of superannuation in Australia is fully funded and held under trust by various entities. That's not a ponzi scheme.
    I will read and review 100 books this year: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176675491

“Many religions now come before us with ingratiating smirks and outspread hands, like an unctuous merchant in a bazaar. They offer consolation and solidarity and uplift, competing as they do in a marketplace. But we have a right to remember how barbarically they behaved when they were strong and were making an offer that people could not refuse.”

Originally Posted by Mr Beer View Post
    You don't know what a ponzi scheme is.

Property is overvalued IMO but that doesn't make a ponzi scheme.

The majority of superannuation in Australia is fully funded and held under trust by various entities. That's not a ponzi scheme.
    I have no doubts in my mind that you are a sheep.

Pls go, phaggot.

Thanks

I have no doubts in my mind that you are a sheep.

Pls go, phaggot.

Thanks
    Learn what words mean before you open your whore mouth again...phaggot.

Learn what words mean before you open your whore mouth again...phaggot.
    Why don't you accept the drawdown age will be 85 by the time you need it, phaggot.

I feel sorry for you, dumb guy.

I bet you toe the line and have no soul because you know no other way. You can't squirm your way out of this, beta.

smh at internet tough guys. IRL, you guys actually look souless and beta too.

damlurker550 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) damlurker550 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) damlurker550 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) damlurker550 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) damlurker550 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) damlurker550 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) damlurker550 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) damlurker550 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) damlurker550 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) damlurker550 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) damlurker550 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I moved here from America, so I just think of the superannuation fund as a 401K, not as a social security payment.

But my gut feeling is that most people have no idea what it is and don't even control it themselves.

I basically just put mine into the least management cost option till I decide what to do with it. I'll probably self manage it myself once I get set up.

alain is just really nice. (+1000) alain is just really nice. (+1000) alain is just really nice. (+1000) alain is just really nice. (+1000) alain is just really nice. (+1000) alain is just really nice. (+1000) alain is just really nice. (+1000) alain is just really nice. (+1000) alain is just really nice. (+1000) alain is just really nice. (+1000) alain is just really nice. (+1000)
    I hope soon but Australia seems split 70/30 with 70% thinking this is an overreach while the other 30% thinking we are saving lives and that everything must be done to continue saving lives despite the fact no-one under 65 and healthy has died from it.

You have Victorians being the good little communists they are dobbing people in to the police if they aren't staying home and following lock down

Why don't you accept the drawdown age will be 85 by the time you need it, phaggot.
    I'm funding my own retirement, phaggot. Besides the point since you're FOS. What does the age pension cost right now, per annum? What's the current value of assets invested in the superannuation system? What's the projected values of those two figures in 10 years time? How about 20? How about 30? What are those assets going to be used for? So how much of the age pension will be funded by current investments + growth + additional mandatory contributions? And at what point in your fairy tale does the Australian Federal Government lose it's coercive powers of taxation?

Originally Posted by damlurker550 View Post
    I moved here from America, so I just think of the superannuation fund as a 401K, not as a social security payment.

But my gut feeling is that most people have no idea what it is and don't even control it themselves.

I basically just put mine into the least management cost option till I decide what to do with it. I'll probably self manage it myself once I get set up.
    The first two paragraphs are 100% correct and the 3rd is reasonable. Self managed super funds are kind of a PITA but definitely doable. Probably worth while if you are investment savvy and want to do it.

davik is a name known to all. (+5000) davik is a name known to all. (+5000) davik is a name known to all. (+5000) davik is a name known to all. (+5000) davik is a name known to all. (+5000) davik is a name known to all. (+5000) davik is a name known to all. (+5000) davik is a name known to all. (+5000) davik is a name known to all. (+5000) davik is a name known to all. (+5000) davik is a name known to all. (+5000)

read barefoot investor. very popular finance book tailored to aussies

MatthewChav will become famous soon enough. (+50) MatthewChav will become famous soon enough. (+50) MatthewChav will become famous soon enough. (+50) MatthewChav will become famous soon enough. (+50) MatthewChav will become famous soon enough. (+50) MatthewChav will become famous soon enough. (+50) MatthewChav will become famous soon enough. (+50) MatthewChav will become famous soon enough. (+50) MatthewChav will become famous soon enough. (+50) MatthewChav will become famous soon enough. (+50) MatthewChav will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    New cases per day have been under 100 for almost 2 weeks.

For most of last week we had under 50 new cases a day.

New cases per day

We down from almost 500 cases per day.

We seem to doing quite well compared to America/Europe/Most of the rest of the world.
    I thought this would happen since there are so few centres of population over here so it must have be easier to contain.

I know America is already talking about reopening but haven't heard anything on this side, despite the situation being much better.

The curve has pretty much been flattened in the last 2 weeks:

Overall Confirmed Cases

We also have 2400+ people who have recovered so really there's only about 4k total cases over here.
    Like everywhere else - sometime like never cos no Govt wants it to happen!!!

Sezzors is a name known to all. (+5000) Sezzors is a name known to all. (+5000) Sezzors is a name known to all. (+5000) Sezzors is a name known to all. (+5000) Sezzors is a name known to all. (+5000) Sezzors is a name known to all. (+5000) Sezzors is a name known to all. (+5000) Sezzors is a name known to all. (+5000) Sezzors is a name known to all. (+5000) Sezzors is a name known to all. (+5000) Sezzors is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If cases have been under 50 for the past week they should start easing restrictions, but governments will use this pandemic to their advantage to get to what they’re working towards

feck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) feck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) feck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) feck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) feck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) feck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) feck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) feck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) feck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) feck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) feck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Word from some of the big corps is they'll consider bringing some of the WFH staff back into offices in 4 weeks, depending on how things are going by then.
    MISC Cologne crew
    Motorcycle crew
    Ex fat crew
    Never getting married crew

Kewbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kewbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kewbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kewbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kewbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kewbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kewbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kewbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kewbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kewbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kewbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    They will ease restrictions when their polling suggests voters are more concerned about economic disaster and deprivation of human rights then they are by the virus.

So several weeks probably.

The first two paragraphs are 100% correct and the 3rd is reasonable. Self managed super funds are kind of a PITA but definitely doable. Probably worth while if you are investment savvy and want to do it.
    yeah I did minimal research. I did invest in ETFs back in the US when I have large amounts of disposable income (company paid pretty much all my costs including housing) but since I've barely been working in Australia and just rottin havent really done anything.
    tbh I kept my american brokerage account alive until a few months ago when they found out I had moved and told me to gtfo lol.

Originally Posted by davik View Post
    read barefoot investor. very popular finance book tailored to aussies
    oh, I've seen it all over the place but had no idea it was tailored to Australians. I'll check it out then since I have a bunch of credits stockpiled on audible.

KBurn is a name known to all. (+5000) KBurn is a name known to all. (+5000) KBurn is a name known to all. (+5000) KBurn is a name known to all. (+5000) KBurn is a name known to all. (+5000) KBurn is a name known to all. (+5000) KBurn is a name known to all. (+5000) KBurn is a name known to all. (+5000) KBurn is a name known to all. (+5000) KBurn is a name known to all. (+5000) KBurn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I predict 30th June. We're near elimination. In another month we'll hit elimination, then wait a month for all clear, and it's 30th June. Won't be a straight reopening, but 1st month will be restaurants. 2nd will be gyms. 3rd will be everything. So if no 2nd wave then business as usual by September.

International travel will be banned unless absolutely necessary for the next 5 years imo. It takes just 1 person with Rona to destroy all the isolation bullchit

I was wrong about the number of recovered cases.

There's actually 3,808 recovered, better than I thought.

So there's only around 2650 active cases right now. That's pretty damn good considering what's going on in the rest of the world.

andyray is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) andyray is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) andyray is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) andyray is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) andyray is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) andyray is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) andyray is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) andyray is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) andyray is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) andyray is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) andyray is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    scott morrison did nothing regarding the bush fires

so he's being extra cautious with this

he's the only world leader that kept saying '6 month lockdown'

gyms are way down the list

and gladys berezerk? is a fuking useless out of touch muppet

KBurn is a name known to all. (+5000) KBurn is a name known to all. (+5000) KBurn is a name known to all. (+5000) KBurn is a name known to all. (+5000) KBurn is a name known to all. (+5000) KBurn is a name known to all. (+5000) KBurn is a name known to all. (+5000) KBurn is a name known to all. (+5000) KBurn is a name known to all. (+5000) KBurn is a name known to all. (+5000) KBurn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    All of you are forgetting that this disease mainly affects old boomers, many of them powerful and wealthy bosses. To you it's a flu, to them it's a death sentence. If the shoe was on the other foot rest assured they'll tell all of you that the workplace is for work, work outside the workplace is not work.

The only reason Wfh was accepted so readily was either so it or die.

It has to be 0 cases, then the boomers will feel safe.

Originally Posted by KBurn View Post
    I predict 30th June. We're near elimination. In another month we'll hit elimination, then wait a month for all clear, and it's 30th June. Won't be a straight reopening, but 1st month will be restaurants. 2nd will be gyms. 3rd will be everything. So if no 2nd wave then business as usual by September.

International travel will be banned unless absolutely necessary for the next 5 years imo. It takes just 1 person with Rona to destroy all the isolation bullchit
    They're probably not going for elimination and that's because it would take too long at too much activity suppressed. Much more likely they will go for partial lifting of lockdown, on a either specific area or activity basis and use rapid responses to shut them back down as needed when and if the virus flares up.

Borders will be closed until either a widespread vaccination program is in place (probably a couple of years away) or without a vaccine, governments will end up slowly letting it burn through the populations and build up herd immunity. That might end up being years until all borders open, yeah it could be 5.

Gringo12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gringo12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gringo12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gringo12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gringo12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gringo12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gringo12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gringo12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gringo12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gringo12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gringo12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KBurn View Post

5 years lmao ok buddy, I'll be sipping cocktails and banging cheap sloots in Thailand by 2021
    #free6ix9ine < accomplished

Kiop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    they are investigating sweages
    in coming weaks

Australia to detect coronavirus spread by testing raw sewage
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN21Y0RI
    I lost My old Signature, please help me finding the rest of the Verses.
    I used to postpone fisting session, now fisting is part of my daily routine.
    All gifs made in Misc thread:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178547811

Don't think we'll have to wait too long.

I heard NT already fully open.

Victoria is opening up next week but with a max of 20.. I don't think my gym will even operate with that low of a number of people. it's just too big.

moosik85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moosik85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moosik85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moosik85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moosik85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moosik85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moosik85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moosik85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moosik85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moosik85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moosik85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Gyms will open when the Facebook Karen’s say they can open bigot. But don’t you dare say anything against all the phaggots that want to bum each other at the pride parades.

In all seriousness. Group classes (f45, CrossFit) will open first as they can be controlled and sanitised after each class. Big box/24 hour gyms will be a while off.
    Last edited by moosik85; 05-24-2020 at 09:45 PM.

Don't think we'll have to wait too long.

I heard NT already fully open.

Victoria is opening up next week but with a max of 20.. I don't think my gym will even operate with that low of a number of people. it's just too big.
    Gyms are still closed for most of the nation. My initial prediction was 30 June, and I still stand by that. Scomo wants the nation open by July, but it seems all states are dragging their feet.