Cazken is a complete loser! (-2000) Cazken is a complete loser! (-2000) Cazken is a complete loser! (-2000) Cazken is a complete loser! (-2000) Cazken is a complete loser! (-2000) Cazken is a complete loser! (-2000) Cazken is a complete loser! (-2000) Cazken is a complete loser! (-2000) Cazken is a complete loser! (-2000) Cazken is a complete loser! (-2000) Cazken is a complete loser! (-2000)

speciality bars 1.9” diameter and weight issues

i’m looking into purchasing one but i’m afraid the olympic weights will be loose. any input from someone who owns some?

it’s a westcary football bar btw. the dude i’m buying from recommenced rubber band for collars so that’s solved but idk about the weight holes.

sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000)
    They’ll be a little loose, but it’ll just be a nuisance. How much of 1 depends on the sizes of the holes. Calibrated plates will probably still be pretty tight. Machined ones will also be fine, maybe a little looser. Really cheap, sloppily-made ones will be quite rattly, but they will be fine so long as you use collars that will clamp tight on the diameter of the bar. Note: May need different collars.

peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    That is strange that it is made to 1.9, what is the purpose of that? I don't know the westcary football bar, but it doesn't sound like it is worth getting. If you are looking for barbells that have multiple grip options with your palms facing towards each other, all the major brands should make them, Rouge, Fringe, maybe even the low end stuff like Caps.
    I usually post from iPhone. Please excuse errors.

Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have 3 bars that are 1.9. No issues if you use the right collars. Rogue and lockjaw make these. Not a good pic but they look the same as regular lock jaws. I think I used Amazon. I have 3 sets and luv them.

Attached Images

Sboarder1964 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sboarder1964 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sboarder1964 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sboarder1964 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sboarder1964 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sboarder1964 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sboarder1964 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sboarder1964 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sboarder1964 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sboarder1964 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sboarder1964 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by peequi View Post
    That is strange that it is made to 1.9, what is the purpose of that? I don't know the westcary football bar, but it doesn't sound like it is worth getting. If you are looking for barbells that have multiple grip options with your palms facing towards each other, all the major brands should make them, Rouge, Fringe, maybe even the low end stuff like Caps.
    It's actually quite common. Nearly all specialty bars are made from standard pipe, otherwise they have to use solid steel and machine it down to exactly 2" which is much more costly than using already available pipe of similar size.

In the U.S, pipe is measured by inside diameter (this is what matters in the construction world). The wall thickness determines how big the outside diameter is. So 1.5" pipe incidentally comes out to 1.9" outside diameter, just the right size for any olympic plate to fit on.
    York History - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dbRIGo0tZlrume27s3jusN2gtuEfLgQXOt1UPTZUfnI/edit

MaineBarnLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaineBarnLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaineBarnLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaineBarnLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaineBarnLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaineBarnLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaineBarnLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaineBarnLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaineBarnLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaineBarnLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaineBarnLift will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Asjogren View Post
    I have 3 bars that are 1.9. No issues if you use the right collars. Rogue and lockjaw make these. Not a good pic but they look the same as regular lock jaws. I think I used Amazon. I have 3 sets and luv them.
    Frigging love that bar. I use a set of Rogue HG Axle collars on it. I have the Titan Tibia Dorsi machine that has narrow pipe. It's slightly wider than the Rogue collars want to lock to. I just leave them locked down on that when not using to try to stretch them out slightly. The Rogue Boa Bar Clamps work fantastic as well. I picked them up last Black Friday when they were discounted and part of the shipping deal. They are annoying to take off the bar, but they secure like nothing else.

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MaineBarnLift View Post
    Frigging love that bar. I use a set of Rogue HG Axle collars on it. I have the Titan Tibia Dorsi machine that has narrow pipe. It's slightly wider than the Rogue collars want to lock to. I just leave them locked down on that when not using to try to stretch them out slightly. The Rogue Boa Bar Clamps work fantastic as well. I picked them up last Black Friday when they were discounted and part of the shipping deal. They are annoying to take off the bar, but they secure like nothing else.
    Agree with both of yous, the BWTG hammer curl bar is awesome! I use it for seated overhead tricep extensions, skullcrushers to extension and hammer curls...it actually works decent on attached on a cable machine for certain movements, but needs something strong enough to hook and clip it onto it.

I also own 2" fat knurled DB handles, 2.5" thick rackable curl bar and one of Dean's fat lat bar attachments and all are excellent.

I also own a 2" axle from Fringe Sport all with those types of sleeves (except the cable attachment of course), I use my chrome Ivanko compression collars on those bars which adds 5 lbs (2.5 lbs each side due to the collars) and bites down excellent on those bar sleeves, of course Lock-Jaws are generally preferred due to their better pricing and if getting them for multiple bars, but the Ivankos held up nicely and are just another option out there for the gear hounds.

Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    Agree with both of yous, the BWTG hammer curl bar is awesome! I use it for seated overhead tricep extensions, skullcrushers to extension and hammer curls...it actually works decent on attached on a cable machine for certain movements, but needs something strong enough to hook and clip it onto it.

I also own 2" fat knurled DB handles, 2.5" thick rackable curl bar and one of Dean's fat lat bar attachments and all are excellent.

I also own a 2" axle from Fringe Sport all with those types of sleeves (except the cable attachment of course), I use my chrome Ivanko compression collars on those bars which adds 5 lbs (2.5 lbs each side due to the collars) and bites down excellent on those bar sleeves, of course Lock-Jaws are generally preferred due to their better pricing and if getting them for multiple bars, but the Ivankos held up nicely and are just another option out there for the gear hounds.
    The bar is awesome. I grabbed that bar from a guy who had it in his gym and it was never used,People thought it was a gimmick..Best $75 I ever spent. It is so versatile.

MaineBarnLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaineBarnLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaineBarnLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaineBarnLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaineBarnLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaineBarnLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaineBarnLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaineBarnLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaineBarnLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaineBarnLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaineBarnLift will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Asjogren View Post
    The bar is awesome. I grabbed that bar from a guy who had it in his gym and it was never used,People thought it was a gimmick..Best $75 I ever spent. It is so versatile.
    I had a guy tell me his tricep bar could do all the same exercise. Right guy.....

Deep Voiced One shared the hammer curl to military press to overhead tricep extensions in sequence in a different thread. That is a great finisher for arms.