Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    Alright - Thought I'd update since Wed was the first day my gym (lifting) was open.

- Temp check before you even walk in the door...ok, whatever.
    - Directional arrows all over the floor trying to herd cats through the place.
    - TONS of buckets around the place with sanitizing spray\paper towels (you're requested to wipe down equipment BEFORE and AFTER use (I rarely see anyone wiping off the equipment after use...so....good luck with that).
    - There are signs up everywhere saying "no spotting". So, so apparently no PRs or going to failure while this mess is going on.
    - Masks are not mandatory, so it was about a 50/50 split. I chose not to wear one because no one was close enough to me to make a difference and I generally don't talk to people at the gym.
    - The pool and sauna are close...I don't care, I don't use them.
    - They've apparently put in a new air and surface cleaning\filtration system that's supposed to kill everything.

Good thing? Member numbers are down! I honestly was expecting every high school and college kid to be there, but it really wasn't that bad. I don't do well with stupid people or crowds, so this is working to my advantage for now.

Overall, other than getting back in the groove of lifting and the little stupid precautionary things the gym is asking members to do...not much has changed. I wish I would done more bodyweight exercises to stay active, but I decided I liked Jack Daniels Fire a little more

Anyways...there ya go.
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by cgc View Post
    but I decided I liked Jack Daniels Fire a little more.
    Why you didn't invite me over for a beverage?

A week ago in the park a dude came up to mysel' and my training partner and wanted to 'do some drilling' with us, whilst we were wrasslin'. He took my number down and I decided to train with him a couple of days later. Turns out he's quite a good wrestler (Bulgarian fella, much better than me), ive trained with him twice in the last 3 days and will be training with him multiple times a week over the next few months. This lockdown has in many ways been a blessing in disguise for my training. Wrestling was the weakest part of my game (the reason for all my MMA losses) but at the moment I am getting a lot of work in on it. Once our gym reopens and we are back on the mats, I will still be focusing a lot on it.
    Lickle Warrior / Hulkamaniac

Tranny Crew.

feminine and fast-twitch etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am very happy for you, cgc!! Your gym finally opened up and you can get back to your hardcore training!! That must be especially hard for dedicated athletes going all-out and then just having to stop lifting cold turkey. It is hard enough for me to give up the gym, so I can't imagine what it's like for all you MMA practitioners and competitors.

I am very happy to hear masks are not mandatory!! I think if they were, I'd turn around and walk out (lol). I can't see myself working on hitting my normal numbers while wearing a mask of any kind (this is not Mardi Gras). I know gyms opening up are a huge reason for celebration, but I can easily skip any mask of any kind, thank you very much. I just want to work.

As far as PRs, people will just lift the heaviest they can without spotters. Some are used to that. It's close enough, for now. Especially in certain commercial gyms.

That's great news management put in a new filtering system!! It sounds like you have a gym that cares about their members. I probably won't be seeing new filtration or ventilation systems any time soon. That's the state I've always been in

I agree- when the kids (or people) who aren't serious about training stay out, it is so much easier to get down to business!! Savor that space and the freedom to move around the way you want! I hope it stays that way.. Enjoy it for now. Maybe those kids are going around trying out other gyms. I'll probably encounter the same at the beginning (?).

I'm sure skipping a few body-weight exercises didn't have much of an impact on your physique or athletic ability! You'll hit your normal numbers soon enough! And like you said, with less bodies around, the easier it will be to get on that bench or squat rack! Always a plus!! I'm happy you can get back to your normal training!! I really am! Now you can use your OWN fire again like the athlete you are
    Fact: My first-generation uncle was a boxer who fought Sugar Ray Robinson! He also fought in the war, sacrificing the career he deeply loved, so people could have the right to freedom.

Let's show RESPECT for the POLICE and ALL FIRST RESPONDERS by helping to keep THEM SAFE AND SOUND, and thereby able to PROTECT US!

Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Gov kept keeping our county closed despite cases falling off to almost nothing on a daily basis and going down 380/500k

Finally found some guys with mats at the home and like 6 of us training again. I’m the only white belt tho so been getting smashed hard. We got one of our sponsored black belt running the drills and doing one on one off nonstop fighting after drills for like an hour or so. Only enough room for two people to seriously roll at once.

sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I need to move to a republican state in America, lol

don't see gyms here opening up for awhile, not until July or August at the earliest.

Hopefully cases don't spike up in Florida and Georgia so it can be used as model for other places to open up.

Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    still closed here

feelsbadman

EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Had my first session on the mats today in 8 or 9 weeks. One of the dudes I train at teaches at another gym near where I am and has his own set of keys. Was 6 of us on the mats today. Also done 2 hours of wrestling earlier. Getting a hell of a lot of training in at the moment considering all gyms are supposed to be shut. Saw the owner of the gym I go to today and he reckons he will be opening up around mid June.

Tranny Crew.

kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by EidFnatic View Post
    Had my first session on the mats today in 8 or 9 weeks. One of the dudes I train at teaches at another gym near where I am and has his own set of keys. Was 6 of us on the mats today. Also done 2 hours of wrestling earlier. Getting a hell of a lot of training in at the moment considering all gyms are supposed to be shut. Saw the owner of the gym I go to today and he reckons he will be opening up around mid June.
    Nice!

We came up with a plan at our gym to have 'private lessons' that are not more than 8 people with the coach. we all have to secure the group we are training with, and if anyone feels so much as a cold we are honest about it and stay home. We put paper in the windows so no one can see in and we work out for about an hour and a half, Gi BJJ. its still just as hot and we do get sweaty - i just take the time to wash my face and hands periodically when i can.
    we all have been in regular contact through the quarantine so its not like before just popping into a random open mat. The people we choose for our groups are people we have been up with so we kinda know the chance of getting the rona is low.

but

over all we know of several gyms in the area that literally closed because majority of casual students dont want to risk contact and quit

Originally Posted by kneeonbelly View Post
    Nice!

We came up with a plan at our gym to have 'private lessons' that are not more than 8 people with the coach. we all have to secure the group we are training with, and if anyone feels so much as a cold we are honest about it and stay home. We put paper in the windows so no one can see in and we work out for about an hour and a half, Gi BJJ. its still just as hot and we do get sweaty - i just take the time to wash my face and hands periodically when i can.
    we all have been in regular contact through the quarantine so its not like before just popping into a random open mat. The people we choose for our groups are people we have been up with so we kinda know the chance of getting the rona is low.

but

over all we know of several gyms in the area that literally closed because majority of casual students dont want to risk contact and quit
    This is something similar to what our gym will be doing in June.

Tranny Crew.