Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Corona Virus and your gym

Right now we are all offlimits to do anything socially.
    but going forward....what will happen to combat sports and training? before the virus, at any given time one could go gym to gym and walk right into a free week of class or an open mat same day. will Bjj gyms and wrestling have to take a back seat for a few years because its a sport of being in extreme close contact?

I am currently still paying dues to my bjj gym because myself and others on the team dont want the gym to close up while we are on lockdown. However, that cant last forever - have any of you heard of any plans as far as what will happen going forward?

feminine and fast-twitch etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^ This is a VERY good question, and I guess that's why no one's answered it.

Commercial gyms have me wondering the same thing. Especially if someone has no choice but to put close family members' medical concerns over their own need to train (in the future). We don't know for how long extra precautions (social distancing and all environmental hygiene) will need to be implemented and kept in place. We have another season coming around...
    Fact: My first-generation uncle was a boxer who fought Sugar Ray Robinson! He also fought in the war, sacrificing the career he deeply loved, so people could have the right to freedom.

Let's show RESPECT for the POLICE and ALL FIRST RESPONDERS by helping to keep THEM SAFE AND SOUND, and thereby able to PROTECT US!

The shawma of manlets Manletbolic's Avatar
    Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    There's no straight answer right now as this pandemic has change the structure of society.

My guess is, we aren't going to open everything right away, and when they eventually do there will be protocols.

But until then, non essential services remain closed.
    The coming of the Manlet saviour

Wants a pair of chuck norris jeans crew

kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Heres what I'm afraid of.

the virus is possibly controlled as best it can until an actual antivirus is create, which would be awhile for now. And even then people will be Leary about close quarters with strangers, out of habit / fear but not because people are getting sick.

so those days of outmats at a gym , no shirt no gi bjj rolling sessions, kick boxing , boxing etc..all of it will take a hit to the point that most of the gyms are going to go away. theres no way anyone will be loyal to pay dues for months on end just to keep a building open when you have your own expenses and limited work. One day this chit might blow over and things might come back to something familiar with little additional protection like doing grappling with face masks, but until then it seems bleak.

how tf will ufc have fighters get proper training from here on out? it will be interesting non the less

Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by kneeonbelly View Post
    Heres what I'm afraid of.

the virus is possibly controlled as best it can until an actual antivirus is create, which would be awhile for now. And even then people will be Leary about close quarters with strangers, out of habit / fear but not because people are getting sick.

so those days of outmats at a gym , no shirt no gi bjj rolling sessions, kick boxing , boxing etc..all of it will take a hit to the point that most of the gyms are going to go away. theres no way anyone will be loyal to pay dues for months on end just to keep a building open when you have your own expenses and limited work. One day this chit might blow over and things might come back to something familiar with little additional protection like doing grappling with face masks, but until then it seems bleak.

how tf will ufc have fighters get proper training from here on out? it will be interesting non the less
    This

so much will change going forward, until a cure is made it's hard to say if things will go back to normal and it's interesting to see how it will play out during this pandemic. And with my experience, fights gyms are top breeding ground for passing or contracting chet and most of these gyms have the worst sanitary measures.

sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I think it will be especially strange for combat sports because of all that close contact and what not

but I think guys truly living that MMA life don't really give a chit and are probably training in somebody's basement with training partners. For the regular weekend warrior that goes to a dojo to roll, probably not so lucky.

Hard to say what the future holds there brah

Originally Posted by Manletbolic View Post
    This

so much will change going forward, until a cure is made it's hard to say if things will go back to normal and it's interesting to see how it will play out during this pandemic. And with my experience, fights gyms are top breeding ground for passing or contracting chet and most of these gyms have the worst sanitary measures.
    just think of how many grapplers get ring worm or the worst previously being staph. now people will assume you might have rona if you so much as cough - this might side line alot of martial arts

Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sucks, keeping my account open to support my gym making it but zoom classes etc just don’t cut it for me, I want to fukking grapple with someone. Was just starting to develop different games and positions, was having fun learning lapel guard getting comfortable doing new sweeps etc.. now I feel like I’m forgetting everything. Been watching videos and worked a 20-30min series of solo drills into my workout warmup but fuuuuark I don’t wanna wait months let alone nearly a year.

About to buy a couple 12x12 mats and piece them together in my basement. My stepbrother used to wrestle in highsschool and lives 1/2 mile from me, gonna make him come teach me to wrestle or some chit.

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    I'm in Georgia and the governor has pretty much opened up all Gyms coming this Friday. Now....that doesn't mean all gyms will in fact open because there are a bunch of places that are saying they don't feel comfortable opening up yet.

I'm curious to see how gyms moving forward opening back up, honestly. Non-MA\MMA gyms may require EVERYONE to wear a mask and actually clean the equipment after they've sweat all over it...I don't know. But I'm really curious to see how this goes.

I think the biggest hurdle going for people right now when it comes to the COVID-19 crap is ALL of the (mis)information circulating. You literally get different pieces of information almost every single day.

I'm over it...
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^ If this is true, and most gyms will require their members to wear masks while lifting and cardio...
    I don't see how it will be possible to train hard, or at all?? People are basically going to be suffocating themselves. Many gyms already have faulty ventilation systems!!

Good luck Georgia! cgc is an athlete, though. I've seen some boxers train with those performance oxygen masks while running/jogging on the treadmill. But, again, they are athletes and I don't believe they weight train with those specialized masks.
    Fact: My first-generation uncle was a boxer who fought Sugar Ray Robinson! He also fought in the war, sacrificing the career he deeply loved, so people could have the right to freedom.

Let's show RESPECT for the POLICE and ALL FIRST RESPONDERS by helping to keep THEM SAFE AND SOUND, and thereby able to PROTECT US!

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by etet1919 View Post
    ^^ If this is true, and most gyms will require their members to wear masks while lifting and cardio...
    I don't see how it will be possible to train hard, or at all?? People are basically going to be suffocating themselves. Many gyms already have faulty ventilation systems!!

Good luck Georgia! cgc is an athlete, though. I've seen some boxers train with those performance oxygen masks while running/jogging on the treadmill. But, again, they are athletes and I don't believe they weight train with those specialized masks.
    We'll have to see. The normal face masks and lifting\cardio I don't see an issue other than being annoying and hot unless you're just starting out - then maybe. Even though I've been pretty inactive for the past couple of weeks, I don't see it killing me if I have to wear one...not in the slightest.

I will say this though....at least all of the New Years Resolution folks should be weeded out lol.

Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Originally Posted by cgc View Post
    We'll have to see. The normal face masks and lifting\cardio I don't see an issue other than being annoying and hot unless you're just starting out - then maybe. Even though I've been pretty inactive for the past couple of weeks, I don't see it killing me if I have to wear one...not in the slightest.

I will say this though....at least all of the New Years Resolution folks should be weeded out lol.
    IDK. I have never trained with a bandana wrapped around half my face. I admit I think it would be very challenging for me (due to issues with heat sensitivity/photosensitivity going way back). It can be very challenging during the summertime where I am (state gym environments). But, I've soldiered on for many years so I won't feel sorry for myself! I know what you do is a hell of a lot more difficult and taxing, to say the least!

I'm hoping by the time my turn comes around (to hitting the gym) we won't have to wear them at all. I can dream. Or, at least management will let it slip (literally) every time we do our hard sets!

EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I would allow you all to come train at my own personal dojo - If I had one.
    Lickle Warrior / Hulkamaniac

Tranny Crew.

i have asthma and work really hard to do bjj with high level guys because i have breathing problems as it is already. putting a cloth over my face would be nearly impossible , mentally it would drive me crazy- so i hope some solution is going to come along that will bring things back to some what normal

im currently struggling with the financial decision of when to pull the plug on my monthly payments at my gym. im coming up on my yearly renewal and ...im paying to do zoom meetings which has worn out its welcome already

Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000)
    im at city kickboxing in NZ, we are fully closed down, until we get the OK to go ahead, which is probably in a minimum of 3 weeks. As a country we have done lockdown - actually done it properly - and in 4 weeks have gone to 3 new cases a day, from over a 100 each day 4 weeks ago. Lockdown works, not sure why you Americans aren't doing it.

Going forward, yeah probably no casuals allowed and training and everyone will probably have to be vetted and med certed.

Originally Posted by EidFnatic View Post
    I would allow you all to come train at my own personal dojo - If I had one.
    Thats nice of you....I think lol

i have asthma and work really hard to do bjj with high level guys because i have breathing problems as it is already. putting a cloth over my face would be nearly impossible , mentally it would drive me crazy- so i hope some solution is going to come along that will bring things back to some what normal
    I could totally see someone with any type of respiratory situation not taking to wearing anything that might obstruct the air flow.

I received an e-mail from the gym I lift at. They're not opening until May 1st with the following stipulations:
    - in the locker room, only ever third locker will be available.
    - Going odd\even, every other cardio machine will be accessible.
    - There will be signs on the ground showing you which direction to walk in up aisles.

For the members:
    - If you feel sick, have a fever or difficulty breathing or in the last 2 weeks been in close contact with a person suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19, please stay home. **The fact that people have to be instructed of this is dumb***
    - Be courteous to fellow members and allow for proper spacing when accessing or using equipment.
    - Wash and sanitize your hands often.
    - Wipe down equipment before and after use. ***You couldn't get people do do this before all of this...I'm highly doubtful they'll do it now***
    - Wear face masks (recommended).
    - Bring your own towel and yoga mat (recommended).

I love being at the gym, but this is making me want to suck it up and setup a home gym again.

Now, the former MMA I used to train at - They're opening up their Cardio Kickboxing classes, but shortening class length to properly clean after each class, limiting the size of classes and you have to make a reservation before attending the class.
    The MMA portion, I haven't seen anything regarding this yet. I'm sure they're still trying to navigate the situation.

I could totally see someone with any type of respiratory situation not taking to wearing anything that might obstruct the air flow.

I received an e-mail from the gym I lift at. They're not opening until May 1st with the following stipulations:
    - There will be signs on the ground showing you which direction to walk in up aisles.

For the members:
    - If you feel sick, have a fever or difficulty breathing or in the last 2 weeks been in close contact with a person suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19, please stay home. **The fact that people have to be instructed of this is dumb***
    - Be courteous to fellow members and allow for proper spacing when accessing or using equipment.
    - Wipe down equipment before and after use. ***You couldn't get people do do this before all of this...I'm highly doubtful they'll do it now***

I love being at the gym, but this is making me want to suck it up and setup a home gym again.

Now, the former MMA I used to train at - They're opening up their Cardio Kickboxing classes, but shortening class length to properly clean after each class, limiting the size of classes and you have to make a reservation before attending the class.
    The MMA portion, I haven't seen anything regarding this yet. I'm sure they're still trying to navigate the situation.

That's the thing, with all the new or re-enforced stipulations either it's just going to be overwhelming or no one isn't gonna bother to follow it.

It doesn't make sense to space out some areas while other areas aren't such as machines lol. Plus you're going to be likely breathing someone else's pores in a closed area.

Opening up while this virus is still active is just setting up more people to get infected.

For the members:

your gym is headed in the right direction and has a feasible plan that could work out with a decent compromise.

my bjj coach just messaged all of us in the gym group chat asking us if we felt comfortable if he just opened the gym next week ; if who ever wants to train would feel comfortable training together. its split 50-50 between folks that want to play it safe and folks that dont give af . it'll be interesting to see what will happen though , ill keep you all posted as to what actually happens

your gym is headed in the right direction and has a feasible plan that could work out with a decent compromise.

my bjj coach just messaged all of us in the gym group chat asking us if we felt comfortable if he just opened the gym next week ; if who ever wants to train would feel comfortable training together. its split 50-50 between folks that want to play it safe and folks that dont give af . it'll be interesting to see what will happen though , ill keep you all posted as to what actually happens
    If someone catches covid, the gym and coaches who agree to re-open this will look frowned upon especially at this time.

I'm all for it, but the last thing I need is for me to catch it or for me to catch it and be asymptomatic and pass on to a family member or anyone. The only way I see this work especially since this is still pretty rampant is if members all signed waivers agreeing the potential risk being involved and that if something does happen then gym owners and coaches are not gonna be held responsible.

Vpac is just really nice. (+1000) Vpac is just really nice. (+1000) Vpac is just really nice. (+1000) Vpac is just really nice. (+1000) Vpac is just really nice. (+1000) Vpac is just really nice. (+1000) Vpac is just really nice. (+1000) Vpac is just really nice. (+1000) Vpac is just really nice. (+1000) Vpac is just really nice. (+1000) Vpac is just really nice. (+1000)
    Very, very few are dying from coronavirus under the age of 45 so there needs to be some common sense applied and allow younger people to continue whilst safeguarding the elderly. People over 50 should not be allowed in gyms for a good while. Those younger should be allowed back in.

In the Uk as of 10th April there had been 11,413 deaths from coronavirus.

0 deaths between ages 0-14
    135 deaths ages 15-44

That is 1.2% - and out of 135 deaths I'd say at least 100 had underlying health problems and that is being conservative, it's most likely all had health issues but a handful. So let's say 35 deaths which is 0.3%.

TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

im currently struggling with the financial decision of when to pull the plug on my monthly payments at my gym. im coming up on my yearly renewal and ...im paying to do zoom meetings which has worn out its welcome already
    this im bout to cancel my bjj gym fukc rolling with ppl now a days
    even sketched out about going to public gyms they gon be sesspools

Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Vpac View Post
    Very, very few are dying from coronavirus under the age of 45 so there needs to be some common sense applied and allow younger people to continue whilst safeguarding the elderly. People over 50 should not be allowed in gyms for a good while. Those younger should be allowed back in.

In the Uk as of 10th April there had been 11,413 deaths from coronavirus.

0 deaths between ages 0-14
    135 deaths ages 15-44

That is 1.2% - and out of 135 deaths I'd say at least 100 had underlying health problems and that is being conservative, it's most likely all had health issues but a handful. So let's say 35 deaths which is 0.3%.
    thats not how it works moron. You can still carry it and spread it, spreading it to other people who will in turn be in contact with older people.

Have the discipline to socially isolate until its gone. Its not rocket science. The longer you piss around being a half assed b1tch rather than lockdown and stop it spreading, the longer it will take to get things back to normal.

snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by etet1919 View Post

Ive been wearing a n95 mask around and I’d pass out training in it
    Insta is username snails.r.us

So...I kind of see the same thing in this thread that I'm seeing everywhere else....split decisions\mindsets.

This has been the biggest frustration for me during this period. Everyone is an expert, but no one knows anything. You hear some medical staff talking like the end of the world is near and then you hear some who basically say treat this like cold and flu season (wash your hands, don't touch your face and maybe wipe down shopping carts etc if you think about that as well).

Up until the past year and a half, for the past 10 years I've worked in the medical field and or in a hospital environment. I'm still in contact with some of those people who are in the hospitals....and I get a LOT of mixed feedback. Even the CDC's most recent list of possibly COVID-19 symptoms have become absurd basically making it where ANY symptoms you could possibly have MAYBE COVID-19.

The constituents I'm seeing though are this:
    - The vast majority of people who become VERY sick or pass had some other health issues before contracting the virus.
    - The consistent symptoms are tight chest\coughing, sore throat and fever (cool thing here is, it's allergy season and they can result with the SAME symptoms.
    - Realistic "prevention" is, washing your hands, don't touch your face and don't get up in everyone's space.

The only reason I have worn a mask at any time during this is because I have small kids in the house who I KNOW are less likely to pick this crap up...but I don't need to bring this crap home and deal with that. So it's purely precautionary.

My opinion...yeah, I think this stuff is "catchy", but I don't think we needed to shut down the country over it. The more and more this goes on the more I question this whole thing. It's just one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen in my life.

So...I kind of see the same thing in this thread that I'm seeing everywhere else....split decisions\mindsets.

This has been the biggest frustration for me during this period. Everyone is an expert, but no one knows anything. You hear some medical staff talking like the end of the world is near and then you hear some who basically say treat this like cold and flu season (wash your hands, don't touch your face and maybe wipe down shopping carts etc if you think about that as well).

Up until the past year and a half, for the past 10 years I've worked in the medical field and or in a hospital environment. I'm still in contact with some of those people who are in the hospitals....and I get a LOT of mixed feedback. Even the CDC's most recent list of possibly COVID-19 symptoms have become absurd basically making it where ANY symptoms you could possibly have MAYBE COVID-19.

The constituents I'm seeing though are this:
    - The vast majority of people who become VERY sick or pass had some other health issues before contracting the virus.
    - The consistent symptoms are tight chest\coughing, sore throat and fever (cool thing here is, it's allergy season and they can result with the SAME symptoms.
    - Realistic "prevention" is, washing your hands, don't touch your face and don't get up in everyone's space.

The only reason I have worn a mask at any time during this is because I have small kids in the house who I KNOW are less likely to pick this crap up...but I don't need to bring this crap home and deal with that. So it's purely precautionary.

My opinion...yeah, I think this stuff is "catchy", but I don't think we needed to shut down the country over it. The more and more this goes on the more I question this whole thing. It's just one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen in my life.
    This

the symptoms of this 'deadly' virus seem to be the same as sinus / allergies.it has a 97 % recovery rate but the news makes it seem as if its a death sentence. i feel completely silly being forced to cover my face to go into a store. The thought I have is, if a fart can get out of your underwear and pants to reach other people, how can a piece of cloth stop the rona when they have already determined the virus is smaller than the entry points of a mask? its stupid and in a few years people will laugh at how over the top this became

EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Gizzyhardcore View Post
    thats not how it works moron. You can still carry it and spread it, spreading it to other people who will in turn be in contact with older people.

Have the discipline to socially isolate until its gone. Its not rocket science. The longer you piss around being a half assed b1tch rather than lockdown and stop it spreading, the longer it will take to get things back to normal.
    You lickle piece of garbage, who you calling a moron?

You wouldn't last a single day at my dojo.

Jabroni.

Tranny Crew.

im not trying to be a douche because i know everyone in the gym owning business is struggling but heres the issue that just came up that i thought i'd share

we all as a team agreed to continue paying monthly dues to keep the gym open.

as in, i've paid for bjj to NOT physically train. they had their zoom meetings and attempts to get information out like that, but its not the same especially if you dont have a partner like me.

so, on top of that i get a message from the gym asking to 'help support the gym' by buying additional face mask and other bs because 'they need it'.

at this point, i feel conflicted because they are getting cash already and if thats not enough soliciting to already paying members for no real training is kinda chitty. i dunno how to feel about that

im not trying to be a douche because i know everyone in the gym owning business is struggling but heres the issue that just came up that i thought i'd share

we all as a team agreed to continue paying monthly dues to keep the gym open.

as in, i've paid for bjj to NOT physically train. they had their zoom meetings and attempts to get information out like that, but its not the same especially if you dont have a partner like me.

so, on top of that i get a message from the gym asking to 'help support the gym' by buying additional face mask and other bs because 'they need it'.

at this point, i feel conflicted because they are getting cash already and if thats not enough soliciting to already paying members for no real training is kinda chitty. i dunno how to feel about that
    It's your call tbh

You agreed to pay for online classes, who says you need to pay for masks

Poodleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Poodleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Poodleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Poodleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Poodleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Poodleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Poodleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Poodleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Poodleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Poodleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Poodleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Right now we are all offlimits to do anything socially.
    but going forward....what will happen to combat sports and training? before the virus, at any given time one could go gym to gym and walk right into a free week of class or an open mat same day. will Bjj gyms and wrestling have to take a back seat for a few years because its a sport of being in extreme close contact?

I am currently still paying dues to my bjj gym because myself and others on the team dont want the gym to close up while we are on lockdown. However, that cant last forever - have any of you heard of any plans as far as what will happen going forward?
    Its a sad reality but you are right, it could be years before combat sports are back to normal. Ive only been going at it for 7 months but I feel bad for people who have trained for years and now are forced to abandon it for some years.
    Workout at home Crew
    Social Anxiety Crew
    First year of working out Crew
    '97 reppin Crew

Originally Posted by Poodleman View Post
    Its a sad reality but you are right, it could be years before combat sports are back to normal. Ive only been going at it for 7 months but I feel bad for people who have trained for years and now are forced to abandon it for some years.
    Don't be a maroon. No ones gonna have to stop training for 'some years'. Though i'm not supposed to but, I meet up a few times a week with one of my training partners in a local park and do lots of pad work and Wrestling(takedowns, no ground stuff) we finish with a few laps around the park. Have made some decent improvements in my Wrestling, will continue to do so til the gym is back open. Hopefully the rain stays away.

Tranny Crew.