laundrymomma is on a distinguished road. (+10) laundrymomma is on a distinguished road. (+10) laundrymomma is on a distinguished road. (+10) laundrymomma is on a distinguished road. (+10) laundrymomma is on a distinguished road. (+10) laundrymomma is on a distinguished road. (+10) laundrymomma is on a distinguished road. (+10) laundrymomma is on a distinguished road. (+10) laundrymomma is on a distinguished road. (+10) laundrymomma is on a distinguished road. (+10) laundrymomma is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I Don’t Want to Look Like a Potato

... no offence to potatoes, of course😉

I am 5’4, 180lbs (I know, ugh), and will be 45 tomorrow. I work out consistently and have a home gym in my basement, so the pandemic hasn’t changed anything other than the time of day I go down there.

I do strength and cardio, and have just started stage two of NROLW, but have done other workouts before that. I enjoy strength training, but do some cardio as well (treadmill walking or jogging, just got a rebounder, etc).

I have been following a macro counting program for the last two months, and have only succeeded in gaining five pounds and feeling sick at the amount of food I am supposed to ingest each day. It feels like too much, and because I struggle to lose an ounce, this five pound gain has me feeling lower than low). My measurements have not changed, and my lack-of-progress pictures are depressing.

My stats:

2041 calories a day
    61 g f
    152 g p
    221 g c

Because I lift, I don’t expect to be 110lbs. That’s not realistic for me at all. I’d be happy with a 30-40 lb loss, but I can’t lose anything. Ultimately, I don’t want to be round anymore.

Should I ditch macros and try keto, IF, or something else? I know that weight loss is mostly diet, and I do feel confident that I have the exercise part of the equation in hand - where do I go from here?

Thanks for reading!

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would start by cutting your calories down to 1700 to start at this point. I would aim for 120 protein, 60 fat, and then the rest can come from either carbs or more protein or more fat. Eat at that level for 3-4 weeks and if you don't see your weight drop by 2-3 lbs in that time, drop your calories by another 75 and then repeat.

laundrymomma is on a distinguished road. (+10) laundrymomma is on a distinguished road. (+10) laundrymomma is on a distinguished road. (+10) laundrymomma is on a distinguished road. (+10) laundrymomma is on a distinguished road. (+10) laundrymomma is on a distinguished road. (+10) laundrymomma is on a distinguished road. (+10) laundrymomma is on a distinguished road. (+10) laundrymomma is on a distinguished road. (+10) laundrymomma is on a distinguished road. (+10) laundrymomma is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by spradish View Post
    I would start by cutting your calories down to 1700 to start at this point. I would aim for 120 protein, 60 fat, and then the rest can come from either carbs or more protein or more fat. Eat at that level for 3-4 weeks and if you don't see your weight drop by 2-3 lbs in that time, drop your calories by another 75 and then repeat.
    Thank you! I had been doing closer to that in the past, and signed up for this program to see if I could make more progress. Instead, I’m going backwards. I definitely feel better around 1700 - I feel quite bloated and full at 2100+. Others who have had success say you get used to it, but I don’t think that I WANT to get used to it.

Thanks again. I’m a long time lurker who has learned a lot over the years, and frustration has finally pushed me to post.

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Waaayyy tooo many calories plus you're probably miscounting to some degree so it's probably higher. You have a lot of fat so you can run a big deficit. The math tells me you have a surplus of 300 a day so that brings your maintenance to 1800 so drop 400 from there for fatloss to happen at a reasonable rate which is 1400. That isn't even that low given the high amount of fat you carry. You can diet on the fewest amount of calories you can handle as long as you get your nutrients
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
    -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If your cutting, without knowing all your info, I'd start at 1800 cals. You want 180g of protein a day to save as much muscle as you can or even gain depending on where your at in your resistance training life.
    www.miscers.com

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177185321 ~ WoW Classic <MISCERS> guild horde thread GTFIH

320 bench press
    1000lbs club at 190ish lbs

Chargers, Angels, Lakers, Canucks.

Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by kingofturtles View Post
    If your cutting, without knowing all your info, I'd start at 1800 cals. You want 180g of protein a day to save as much muscle as you can or even gain depending on where your at in your resistance training life.
    Based on the math 1800 is maintenance. 180 g of protein is unnecessary and difficult to fit into a cal amount that will allow fatloss at an acceptable rate for her. Gaining muscle should not be a priority or even a thought at her height\weight. Maintaining muscle is sufficient at this point

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    Based on the math 1800 is maintenance. 180 g of protein is unnecessary and difficult to fit into a cal amount that will allow fatloss at an acceptable rate for her. Gaining muscle should not be a priority or even a thought at her height\weight. Maintaining muscle is sufficient at this point
    180lbs at 5'4 with assumed moderate workout 3-4 days a week I got a maintenance of 2400 ish I think it was. I was the Harris Ben formula.

Also as you get older your body needs more protein. In a cal defecit for someone 45 they need 2.4 to 2.8g let kg of lean body mass.
    180 lbs at 5'4 seems pretty fat (sorry) so I'd at least get 160 g

Edit: sorry. I didn't see op was a girl.

Recalculate for female I have her maintenance at 2000. So 1500 cals or around should be good cut. I'd still get 140-160 protons
    Last edited by kingofturtles; 04-14-2020 at 11:22 AM.
    www.miscers.com

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177185321 ~ WoW Classic <MISCERS> guild horde thread GTFIH

320 bench press

Yes, I am aiming to maintain muscle right now, while losing fat.

Originally Posted by kingofturtles View Post
    180lbs at 5'4 with assumed moderate workout 3-4 days a week I got a maintenance of 2400 ish I think it was. I was the Harris Ben formula.

Also as you get older your body needs more protein. In a crock defecit for someone 45 they need 2.4 to 2.8g let kg of lean body mass.
    180 lbs at 5'4 seems pretty fat (sorry) so I'd at least get 160 g

Edit: sorry. I didn't see op was a girl. Disregard. U can still see my thoughts if it were a male though.
    Nope, you’re right. I have fat to lose, no apology necessary! I carry the bulk on my torso, hence the looking like a potato title.

I workout ~45 min a day, cardio on alternate days, with one rest day. Impact such as running is difficult at best, as I have no cartilage in my knees, so I walk, jog, or use a rebounder. I walked a half marathon two years ago, so I, no stranger to working for what I want. The inability to budge the weight is making me crazy though.

Polaczo is not very well liked. (-100) Polaczo is not very well liked. (-100) Polaczo is not very well liked. (-100) Polaczo is not very well liked. (-100) Polaczo is not very well liked. (-100) Polaczo is not very well liked. (-100) Polaczo is not very well liked. (-100) Polaczo is not very well liked. (-100) Polaczo is not very well liked. (-100) Polaczo is not very well liked. (-100) Polaczo is not very well liked. (-100)
    Lol.
    I would start with a fast of 24 hours andbthen go on with a keto diet. Ur 45year old c3lls are raped from insulin, they have to get more senisitive to it so less carbs especially during this time no need for carbs at all

Originally Posted by Polaczo View Post
    Lol.
    I would start with a fast of 24 hours andbthen go on with a keto diet. Ur 45year old c3lls are raped from insulin, they have to get more senisitive to it so less carbs especially during this time no need for carbs at all
    just no.

just no.
    Reds gonna red.
    www.miscers.com

320 bench press