Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    toughguy1254 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

be careful of creatine with asthma

hi
    i just got back from the doc with a problem with creatine.when i took creatine everyday my breathing became tight.i felt like i couldnt breathe.i stopped it for 8 weeks and it went away.being a bit stupid i decided to try it again as i didnt realise it was the creatine causing it totally,i had suspicions though.and again after 6 weeks use it did the same thing again.i felt like a 90 year old man.now bear in mind im a 260 pound guy at 6 ft 5 tall and very muscular.i was born with asthma but havent had it in 7 years and hadnt used an inhaler for 7 years.i have now stopped creatine and feel great again.there is a theory to this and ive seen it somewhere online but i cant find the article anymore.a guy donw my local gym told me hes seen this in someone else once and the doctor said when someone takes creatine who has asthma or an allergy to it,the lungs and airways swell from the creatine (airways and lungs are muscle too) with extra fluid(like your muscles do),and it narrows the airways causing wheezing and chest tighness.i love creatine but will never take it again.its just a warning to all of you out there with asthma and allergies.be careful peace out

Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You trolling brah?

Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Had you been taking Con-Cret this never wouldve happened

slimwealthy1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slimwealthy1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slimwealthy1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slimwealthy1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slimwealthy1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slimwealthy1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slimwealthy1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slimwealthy1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slimwealthy1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slimwealthy1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slimwealthy1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i have asthma and i actually notice this a bit

I'm known by other names IamJonsCranium's Avatar
    IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Supplement-Slut View Post
    Had you been taking Con-Cret this never wouldve happened
    Actually, with the explanation he gave, this might be true. It pulls in less water than mono.
    IamJons Awesome workout log:
    ▬ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=659599573#post659599573

Author of "The Loser Mentality"
    ▬ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=699707851#postcount%20=21

"The Predators Are Feeding (And You're What They're Eating)"
    ▬ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=710146201&postcount=184

IamJon's Sermon at the Breakfast Table:
    ▬ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=713520011&postcount=12

♂ Eat Like a Man ♂

hi im sorry no im not trolling.i just wanted to help people with asthma on creatine thats all.im not saying everyone with asthma will notice it.its happening to me thats all.put 2 ww in front!
    w.ergo-log.com/allergycreatine.html

∆ Th∑ Gr∑∑k GΩd ∆ AlphaTauMuscle's Avatar
    AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by toughguy1254 View Post
    hi
    i just got back from the doc with a problem with creatine.when i took creatine everyday my breathing became tight.i felt like i couldnt breathe.i stopped it for 8 weeks and it went away.being a bit stupid i decided to try it again as i didnt realise it was the creatine causing it totally,i had suspicions though.and again after 6 weeks use it did the same thing again.i felt like a 90 year old man.now bear in mind im a 260 pound guy at 6 ft 5 tall and very muscular.i was born with asthma but havent had it in 7 years and hadnt used an inhaler for 7 years.i have now stopped creatine and feel great again.there is a theory to this and ive seen it somewhere online but i cant find the article anymore.a guy donw my local gym told me hes seen this in someone else once and the doctor said when someone takes creatine who has asthma or an allergy to it,the lungs and airways swell from the creatine (airways and lungs are muscle too) with extra fluid(like your muscles do),and it narrows the airways causing wheezing and chest tighness.i love creatine but will never take it again.its just a warning to all of you out there with asthma and allergies.be careful peace out
    Originally Posted by IamJonsCranium View Post
    Actually, with the explanation he gave, this might be true. It pulls in less water than mono.
    hi im sorry no im not trolling.i just wanted to help people with asthma on creatine thats all.im not saying everyone with asthma will notice it.its happening to me thats all.put 2 ww in front!
    From the looks of it, the known cause is still relatively unknown.

"The researchers suspect that the cause of this effect has something to do with the stimulatory effect that creatine has on the production of IGF-1 in the cells.

The researchers are aware that there are very few reports of negative side effects of creatine, apart from the odd horror story and a bizarre case study. They are also aware that you can’t just simply compare mice with humans. But even so they conclude: "The observed exacerbation of allergic chronic lung inflammation suggests that creatine supplementation might have deleterious effects in individuals with allergic conditions such as asthma.""

As for the concept that the creatine is causing the lungs to swell up is preposterous. Bloat which isnt that common, is only in the skeletal muscle because of an increase of glycogen levels

Originally Posted by AlphaTauMuscle View Post
    From the looks of it, the known cause is still relatively unknown.

"The researchers suspect that the cause of this effect has something to do with the stimulatory effect that creatine has on the production of IGF-1 in the cells.

The researchers are aware that there are very few reports of negative side effects of creatine, apart from the odd horror story and a bizarre case study. They are also aware that you can’t just simply compare mice with humans. But even so they conclude: "The observed exacerbation of allergic chronic lung inflammation suggests that creatine supplementation might have deleterious effects in individuals with allergic conditions such as asthma.""

As for the concept that the creatine is causing the lungs to swell up is preposterous. Bloat which isnt that common, is only in the skeletal muscle because of an increase of glycogen levels
    wtf are you doing? dont come here preaching about being a creatine lover ok im not here to trounce it im here as i cant take it without being tight chested.oh for gods sake man **** off and go and hijack another thread you retard.

AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000)
    wtf are you doing? dont come here preaching about being a creatine lover ok im not here to trounce it im here as i cant take it without being tight chested.oh for gods sake man **** off and go and hijack another thread you retard.
    ??? I was actually very happy you posted this, I never once said I didn't believe you or you should go back on it. I was simply putting to rest the notion that it was due to a swelling in the longs because of bloat. PhD's at the University of Sao Paulo studied this phenomena and if it was something as simple as that would have easily concurred on that being the cause.

Now, there is no need to get angry I am simply looking into research data on this myself. Best of luck to you

Registered User II Cybershot II's Avatar
    II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    better stop eating red meat OP.

www.SuppRatings.com SuppRatings's Avatar
    SuppRatings will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuppRatings will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuppRatings will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuppRatings will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuppRatings will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuppRatings will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuppRatings will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuppRatings will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuppRatings will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuppRatings will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuppRatings will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The only study to even suggest this (in mice) was a ****ing joke. They essentially made the mice allergic to creatine by injecting proteins in them, then gave them creatine which caused them to have an allergic reaction resulting in asthma....this is retarded
    Supplement Reviews and Supplement Ratings at SuppRatings.com

Originally Posted by SuppRatings View Post
    The only study to even suggest this (in mice) was a ****ing joke. They essentially made the mice allergic to creatine by injecting proteins in them, then gave them creatine which caused them to have an allergic reaction resulting in asthma....this is retarded
    Thats a fairly ignorant deduction, even some of the smartest PhD's don't know how everything in the body works nor are they even close to knowing how everything interacts with each other in the body. You can't simply rule something out because they have yet to find solid data proving or disproving the notion

GatorRon24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GatorRon24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GatorRon24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GatorRon24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GatorRon24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GatorRon24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GatorRon24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GatorRon24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GatorRon24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GatorRon24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GatorRon24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm an asthmatic and I have never had this problem. The only things that cause mine to flare up is cigarette smoke, dust, and a wretched house cat.
    ~~~Florida Gators Crew~~~

SuppRatings will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuppRatings will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuppRatings will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuppRatings will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuppRatings will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuppRatings will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuppRatings will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuppRatings will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuppRatings will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuppRatings will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuppRatings will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thats a fairly ignorant deduction, even some of the smartest PhD's don't know how everything in the body works nor are they even close to knowing how everything interacts with each other in the body. You can't simply rule something out because they have yet to find solid data proving or disproving the notion
    No, its not an ignorant deduction at all. They are saying creatine makes asthma worse when it doesn't. It can cause (NOT exasperate) asthma symptoms via an allergic reaction when you are doped with proteins.

And yes, you can rule something out when there is no data to support your claim or use fudged data.

iambanta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iambanta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iambanta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iambanta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iambanta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iambanta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iambanta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iambanta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iambanta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iambanta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iambanta has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

On a serious note, I have asthma and don't notice any additional difficulties while supplementing with creatine.
    "A good indignation brings out all one's powers."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Originally Posted by SuppRatings View Post
    No, its not an ignorant deduction at all. They are saying creatine makes asthma worse when it doesn't. It can cause (NOT exasperate) asthma symptoms via an allergic reaction when you are doped with proteins.

And yes, you can rule something out when there is no data to support your claim or use fudged data.
    "The researchers are aware that there are very few reports of negative side effects of creatine, apart from the odd horror story and a bizarre case study. They are also aware that you can’t just simply compare mice with humans. But even so they conclude: "The observed exacerbation of allergic chronic lung inflammation suggests that creatine supplementation might have deleterious effects in individuals with allergic conditions such as asthma."'

You speek in absolutes when they speak in situational samples

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's not a hijack at all. See, when people talk about problems, some of us like to find clinical evidence for these problems. It's not that someone does/does not believe you or sells creatine so they want to snuff out your issue. It's a matter of being factually correct instead of "well i took X product and the next day i was sick or couldn't breathe or whatever symptom floats your boat."

Don't take it personal.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

"The researchers are aware that there are very few reports of negative side effects of creatine, apart from the odd horror story and a bizarre case study. They are also aware that you can’t just simply compare mice with humans. But even so they conclude: "The observed exacerbation of allergic chronic lung inflammation suggests that creatine supplementation might have deleterious effects in individuals with allergic conditions such as asthma."'

You speek in absolutes when they speak in situational samples
    I speak in absolute about their research because their conclusions and deductions are scientifically, factually, and logically incorrect.

Anyone with the proteins WILL have an allergic reaction with symptoms similar to asthma. This means in so sort of way that people with asthma are more susceptible.

Even with that said, humans don't have that protein.

This is the exact same thing as injecting bleach in people who naturally produce baking soda will kill people with asthma....While it is technically true, asthma has nothing to do with anything.

jhs189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhs189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhs189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhs189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhs189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhs189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhs189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhs189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhs189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhs189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhs189 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i have really bad asthma and i take creatine but ive had no problems with it at all...

IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Lol. Whoa tough guy!

♂ Eat Like a Man ♂

MJ1331 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJ1331 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJ1331 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJ1331 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJ1331 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJ1331 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJ1331 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJ1331 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJ1331 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJ1331 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJ1331 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Can someone post the article that everyone is talking about? It sounds like BS but i would love to read the primary source.

Reps for a PDF
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising each and every time we fall

*** Misc CIGAR Crew ***
    *Traditional Wet Shave Crew*

5k+

Oops, double tap.

♂ Eat Like a Man ♂

dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Very interesting information, i had quite a few asthma attacks when i was younger but haven't had one in about 15 years i think. I take creatine almost everyday from assault/sizeon combo and have had no problems.

Originally Posted by MJ1331 View Post
    Can someone post the article that everyone is talking about? It sounds like BS but i would love to read the primary source.

Reps for a PDF
    ww in front!

Clearly you need to get ride of "in front!"

But I will take what Sao Paulo believes over bro science in a heart beat, it isnt that rare to hear about people with asthma who have concerns with this. You can never be to careful in an industry that has very little regulation

Cystic Fibrosis Survivor Splinx's Avatar
    Splinx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Splinx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Splinx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Splinx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Splinx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Splinx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Splinx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Splinx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Splinx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Splinx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Splinx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

A theory of mine...

Due to the extra intake of water pulled into cells, perhaps there isn't enough fluid in the lungs for the cilia hairs to remove excess mucous out of the lungs; therefore a build up of mucous can cause significant air movement blockage. In addition, failure to remove excess mucous can cause lung exacerbations. This is a good reason to take in significant/extra fluids/water when taking creatine.

I have lung issues too (Cystic Fibrosis) and therefore am fairly knowledgeable with lung function. lol However, I do take creatine from time to time, and do notice some build up of mucous. The above is just a theory, but makes a lot of sense.
    When I'm talking I don't learn anything

"..be slow to speak, and quick to listen.." - James 1:19

proxpilot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proxpilot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proxpilot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proxpilot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proxpilot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proxpilot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proxpilot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proxpilot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proxpilot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proxpilot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proxpilot is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i have been on creatine for about 4 days, i have never been an asthmatic that i am aware of. my chest was kinda tight last night.ill have to keep an eye on it.

astalavista84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hi toughguy1254,

i have been working out since last 8 years have been taking 'VPX Stealth' since 4 weeks, which you might be knowing, has 3 types of creatine and in high amounts. I have been experiencing the exact same thing like you, to the extent that I was thinking of taking a day off work and seeing a cardiac/chest doctor to test myself for asthma and start treatment, as the chest tightness has become very sever since last week. Now what I want to ask you is that is this asthmatic feeling, the real 'asthma' which i need to start treating medically OR should I just stop creatine and observe myself for 6 to 8 weeks. I never had asthma before. It might be true that I am not drinking enough water to compensate for creatine and there is a high possibility that this is because of high creatine loading since last 4 weeks. What do you suggest? Did it go away totally in your case after 8 weeks? Thanks in advance.

mexx28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re

Originally Posted by GatorRon24 View Post
    I'm an asthmatic and I have never had this problem. The only things that cause mine to flare up is cigarette smoke, dust, and a wretched house cat.
    how do you cope with your cardio sessions? can you do them without inhaling beforehand? im an asthmatic too, and i have quite a hard time with going for a run etc. thx

vELOCITY1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I bought new creatine after 2 moths (100% mono frm olimp n) and i bought Glutamine for the first time. I woke up very early this morning with enormous pain in my lungs, and i literally couldn't breath. I took astma medicine which I use like never. and just stood outside trying to catch some breath, was it from suplements? I am not sure... but i don't know when i felt this pain and when i had this difficulties with breathing, and the only change in my daily rutine was taking creatine and glutamine... p.s. i was using creatine before, but i don't think it was a very quality one, and I dont remember having any asthma problems..
    I

tacvbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacvbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacvbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacvbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacvbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacvbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacvbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacvbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacvbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacvbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacvbo will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up same symptoms

Originally Posted by Splinx View Post
    Due to the extra intake of water pulled into cells, perhaps there isn't enough fluid in the lungs for the cilia hairs to remove excess mucous out of the lungs; therefore a build up of mucous can cause significant air movement blockage. In addition, failure to remove excess mucous can cause lung exacerbations. This is a good reason to take in significant/extra fluids/water when taking creatine.

I have lung issues too (Cystic Fibrosis) and therefore am fairly knowledgeable with lung function. lol However, I do take creatine from time to time, and do notice some build up of mucous. The above is just a theory, but makes a lot of sense.

I have similar symptoms. I'm observing this for 1 1/2 years now, experimenting with the dosage of creatin monohydrate (Creapure) and I can tell that there is definitely a correlation between creatine intake and mucous built-up which then leads to inflammations in the larynx and sinuses (confirmed by ENT). I also noted the augmented sensation for thirst but my water intake is not able to hold off the symptoms. Instead I need to go to the toilet like every hour or so.
    There is enough "exemplary evidence" on the web to form the thesis that creatine might not work for everybody and that it is "unscholarly" to ignore the facts and say "Creatine can't be the culprit".

For me personally, I have never had asthma problems but suffered from soft neurodermitis for 24 years now (I'm 26). That might indicate that some are more prone to these symptoms than others (whether it is genetics, environmental pollution, etc.).

It seems that this topic could need some further investigation/study to be clarified.