LukeyGillespie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arrow Can creatine affect your mental health?

Hi there,

I have been working out the last few months , sticking to a weight training plan and good diet aswell as some protein supplementation and its going well.

I am now looking at taking creatine monohydrate , just 2g a day.

When researching about creatine I have heard mostly good but I have also read about people who have taken creatine saying it increased anxiety and ocd if they have suffered from it before.

I am asking this as in the past I have had some trauma which caused me to go through some hard times and I did suffer with a sort of ptsd/ocd and intrusive thoughts, I never was diagnosed as I just worked through it, with a good therapist and good old exercise 🙏, however I obviously would not want to take a supplement that could effect my progress mentally, I hope this makes sense and would really apreciate some sound advice as I know creatine can be great for muscle growth.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    There is no evidence of this.

https://examine.com/supplements/creatine/

This even hints at neurological benefits - but that research is in it's very early stages.

I would speculate that people who already have mental problems with obsessive behaviours re: control of their diet and bodyweight, perhaps taking something that can mess with your bodily water weight only makes that worse...

TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Creatine has been shown to improve brain function, but as far as anxiety and ocd I haven't seen anything related to this
    alienshave.com - Shave Smarter

steve@alienshave.com

BMBC - Master Level - Worldwide

Original 999,999k Crew

BCAAs Bring all the Boys to the Yard

Registered User bobsaccamanno41's Avatar
    bobsaccamanno41 is a complete loser! (-2000) bobsaccamanno41 is a complete loser! (-2000) bobsaccamanno41 is a complete loser! (-2000) bobsaccamanno41 is a complete loser! (-2000) bobsaccamanno41 is a complete loser! (-2000) bobsaccamanno41 is a complete loser! (-2000) bobsaccamanno41 is a complete loser! (-2000) bobsaccamanno41 is a complete loser! (-2000) bobsaccamanno41 is a complete loser! (-2000) bobsaccamanno41 is a complete loser! (-2000) bobsaccamanno41 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by LukeyGillespie View Post
    Hi there,

I have been working out the last few months , sticking to a weight training plan and good diet aswell as some protein supplementation and its going well.

When researching about creatine I have heard mostly good but I have also read about people who have taken creatine saying it increased anxiety and ocd if they have suffered from it before.

I am asking this as in the past I have had some trauma which caused me to go through some hard times and I did suffer with a sort of ptsd/ocd and intrusive thoughts, I never was diagnosed as I just worked through it, with a good therapist and good old exercise ������, however I obviously would not want to take a supplement that could effect my progress mentally, I hope this makes sense and would really apreciate some sound advice as I know creatine can be great for muscle growth.
    I'll echo what the others said that there are no studies (that I'm aware of) that have shown this to be true. There may be some that experience some change that they attribute to creatine.

I'll say that I have had anxiety issues in the past and creatine has never made those worse, or made me have flare ups or anything like that. I've actually started taking it again after not using it for several years and am finishing out my loading phase today and I have had no ill effects from using it at all. In fact, I'm already starting to notice that I have that feeling of "a little more left in the tank" during my workouts that I didn't have a month ago.

Give it a shot. There are tons of studies out there on monohydrate that show it is a safe supplement.

Subscribe to my YouTube! getbigordie18's Avatar
    getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by LukeyGillespie View Post
    Hi there,

I am asking this as in the past I have had some trauma which caused me to go through some hard times and I did suffer with a sort of ptsd/ocd and intrusive thoughts, I never was diagnosed as I just worked through it, with a good therapist and good old exercise , however I obviously would not want to take a supplement that could effect my progress mentally, I hope this makes sense and would really apreciate some sound advice as I know creatine can be great for muscle growth.
    As far as i know creatine doesn't do that. I have been using it for 4-5 years
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94fe6xvYbVY
    Follow my Powerlifting and Bodybuilding Journey on Instagram derock5996
    Eat clean and train hard and keep it natural!
    -USAPL Powerlifter in the 93KG weight class