Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: $400K to Invest

Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Punchaholic View Post
    shoot me a PM if youre interested in investing in something unique
    Sure brah, Iโ€™ll wire you the money if you give me your word.
    ๐•ฎ๐–๐–†๐–˜๐–Š ๐–† ๐–ˆ๐–๐–Š๐–ˆ๐•ถ, ๐–“๐–Š๐–›๐–Š๐–— ๐–ˆ๐–๐–†๐–˜๐–Š ๐–† ๐–‡๐–Ž๐–™๐–ˆ๐–

chefwhat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chefwhat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chefwhat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chefwhat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chefwhat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chefwhat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chefwhat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chefwhat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chefwhat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chefwhat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chefwhat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Punchaholic View Post
    shoot me a PM if youre interested in investing in something unique
    lol no thanks

Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    Considering the current economy, I'd be conservative until you are employed.
    You are right. I might hold off until I secure a job. kinda sucks, I graduated into a recession last time as well.

RTOSSP is not very helpful. (-500) RTOSSP is not very helpful. (-500) RTOSSP is not very helpful. (-500) RTOSSP is not very helpful. (-500) RTOSSP is not very helpful. (-500) RTOSSP is not very helpful. (-500) RTOSSP is not very helpful. (-500) RTOSSP is not very helpful. (-500) RTOSSP is not very helpful. (-500) RTOSSP is not very helpful. (-500) RTOSSP is not very helpful. (-500)
    just invest in bigtech/tsla when they are down a few %

wait for it to go back up a few %

even if its just 3% up thats 12k

repeat

Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by RTOSSP View Post

repeat
    Itโ€™s that easy
    ๐•ฎ๐–๐–†๐–˜๐–Š ๐–† ๐–ˆ๐–๐–Š๐–ˆ๐•ถ, ๐–“๐–Š๐–›๐–Š๐–— ๐–ˆ๐–๐–†๐–˜๐–Š ๐–† ๐–‡๐–Ž๐–™๐–ˆ๐–

RTOSSP is not very helpful. (-500) RTOSSP is not very helpful. (-500) RTOSSP is not very helpful. (-500) RTOSSP is not very helpful. (-500) RTOSSP is not very helpful. (-500) RTOSSP is not very helpful. (-500) RTOSSP is not very helpful. (-500) RTOSSP is not very helpful. (-500) RTOSSP is not very helpful. (-500) RTOSSP is not very helpful. (-500) RTOSSP is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Luc1fer View Post
    Itโ€™s that easy
    if you cant make a few % in this volatile market of big tech, lol @ you

Let's see if you beat buy & hold strategy. Although I know guys like you, always hear about the wins, never the losses.

VegasLifter26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasLifter26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasLifter26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasLifter26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasLifter26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasLifter26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasLifter26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasLifter26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasLifter26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasLifter26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasLifter26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    yea but over time buy and hold works best..especially with compounded dividends.
    I swing trade tech stocks tho..made alot on RNG ...its about to shoot up

outfoxxed is a name known to all. (+5000) outfoxxed is a name known to all. (+5000) outfoxxed is a name known to all. (+5000) outfoxxed is a name known to all. (+5000) outfoxxed is a name known to all. (+5000) outfoxxed is a name known to all. (+5000) outfoxxed is a name known to all. (+5000) outfoxxed is a name known to all. (+5000) outfoxxed is a name known to all. (+5000) outfoxxed is a name known to all. (+5000) outfoxxed is a name known to all. (+5000)

repeat
    TSLA makes me lol. Automakers got wrecked during covid yet TSLA hitting new ATH's. People buying that **** on speculation
    Sniff hard as fuk when guys pass by to smell their balls crew
    Don't know how to hold arms when walking crew
    Has to use a soundboard to order pizza crew
    Order pizza and lower money from second floor in bucket crew
    Bodybuilders against lifting crew
    Mod Negs: 3

Originally Posted by Luc1fer View Post
    Let's see if you beat buy & hold strategy. Although I know guys like you, always hear about the wins, never the losses.
    lmao i love this generic response from r/investing to any investment stategy

they just see warren buffet say this and parrot it

have u even thought about this particular situation where this guy has 400k as his initial investment?

you can try short term gains and also have a long term buy and hold straghy

let me guess you saw that one comparison that simulated buy and hold vs timing the market and now think the only way to make money is investment money and wait 30 years

ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    OP you can easily see 10-14% cash on cash returns with rental properties but putting down 50% per property is NOT the way to do it. You're going to want to find units that just need cosmetic updating and get them under market rate. The BRRRR strategy works very well for this. With your cash you can make an all cash offer well below market on something that only needs minor reno and then fix it up and get a mortgage from the bank to get back all your money if you got it at the right price.

BigDeeps01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigDeeps01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigDeeps01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigDeeps01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigDeeps01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigDeeps01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigDeeps01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigDeeps01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigDeeps01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigDeeps01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigDeeps01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Look into acquiring properties using "subject to" and then sell them to rent-to-own buyers on a lease/option

You are essentially taking over the mortgage of the property, and paying the owners to vacate the property. The deed will be in your name, so you can reap the tax benefits.

Then, you look for people who are interested in rent-to-own. People that have steady jobs, make good money, but do not have the credit to obtain a mortgage on their own.

You collect an option payment from them, with a contract that says essentially they can buy the property any time within the next 3-5 years once they clean up their credit, at a specified price. This option payment could be anywhere from $5-$20k

Then you have a separate lease agreement where they pay rent during the time they are cleaning up their credit. Typically this is at least market rent if not above market. You should be able to cash flow $400-800 per property. The best part is that they take care of their own repairs, since technically they are thinking of this as their home

If they end up buying the property from you, great, you make a profit on the sale and you had cash flow during that time

If not, you collect another option payment from a new tenant-buyer, rinse repeat

You don't get the equity gains of a traditional long term rental, but the risk is lower and you don't need to manage the property. Plus the cash flow is generally better
    Last edited by BigDeeps01; 05-25-2020 at 10:40 PM.
    The character "Big Deeps" is an online persona. Any comments made by the internet persona "Big Deeps" should be taken with a grain of salt and shall not reflect on the integrity and morals of the actor portraying "Big Deeps." Please respect kayfabe and respect the heel persona.

chefwhat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chefwhat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chefwhat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chefwhat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chefwhat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chefwhat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chefwhat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chefwhat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chefwhat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chefwhat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chefwhat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ferak View Post
    OP you can easily see 10-14% cash on cash returns with rental properties but putting down 50% per property is NOT the way to do it. You're going to want to find units that just need cosmetic updating and get them under market rate. The BRRRR strategy works very well for this. With your cash you can make an all cash offer well below market on something that only needs minor reno and then fix it up and get a mortgage from the bank to get back all your money if you got it at the right price.
    I am familiar with the BRRR strategy and I have used it in the past. I agree with you in that 50% is generally too much to put in, but I am extremely risk adverse. My conservative strategy allowed me to live a relatively stress-free life during the previous recession and places me in pretty good position during Covid-19 compared to my peers who overleveraged. Secondly, I live in the Seattle area which is an extremely hot market. Even as a licensed RE broker, it is difficult to find deals nowadays.

Originally Posted by BigDeeps01 View Post
    Look into acquiring properties using "subject to" and then sell them to rent-to-own buyers on a lease/option

You are essentially taking over the mortgage of the property, and paying the owners to vacate the property. The deed will be in your name, so you can reap the tax benefits.

Then, you look for people who are interested in rent-to-own. People that have steady jobs, make good money, but do not have the credit to obtain a mortgage on their own.

You collect an option payment from them, with a contract that says essentially they can buy the property any time within the next 3-5 years once they clean up their credit, at a specified price. This option payment could be anywhere from $5-$20k

Then you have a separate lease agreement where they pay rent during the time they are cleaning up their credit. Typically this is at least market rent if not above market. You should be able to cash flow $400-800 per property. The best part is that they take care of their own repairs, since technically they are thinking of this as their home

If they end up buying the property from you, great, you make a profit on the sale and you had cash flow during that time

If not, you collect another option payment from a new tenant-buyer, rinse repeat

You don't get the equity gains of a traditional long term rental, but the risk is lower and you don't need to manage the property. Plus the cash flow is generally better
    This route is definitely profitable, but the people attracted to these types of agreements generally suck. Furthermore, I live in county that favors tenant rights so it takes several months to evict if they stop paying. And after dealing with low income tenants in the past for years, it left a sour distaste and now I stick with middle/upper middle-class tenants. Profit margins are lower, but at least I have a piece of mind. I knowโ€ฆ I am being very picky lol

Registered User SoutheastBeast1's Avatar
    SoutheastBeast1 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SoutheastBeast1 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SoutheastBeast1 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SoutheastBeast1 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SoutheastBeast1 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SoutheastBeast1 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SoutheastBeast1 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SoutheastBeast1 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SoutheastBeast1 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SoutheastBeast1 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SoutheastBeast1 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Damn, life as a baller must be good
    Professional Misc Rustler

"But the people we saved, they're our legacy. And they'll remember us and then I guess we'll eventually fade away too. But that's fine. Cause we left the world better than we found it, ya know."
    -Sam Winchester

W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    After reading through this thread it sounds like opee was too scared to do chit. brb want immediate passive income but don't want to invest in tech, and don't want to rent properties.

scared money don't make money fam
    *~Emperor Saban & The Crimson Tide Overlords~*
    Poverty Omari Hardwick
    Manlet Masterrace
    Kobe Forever
    Black Crew

Stbpope is a complete loser! (-2000) Stbpope is a complete loser! (-2000) Stbpope is a complete loser! (-2000) Stbpope is a complete loser! (-2000) Stbpope is a complete loser! (-2000) Stbpope is a complete loser! (-2000) Stbpope is a complete loser! (-2000) Stbpope is a complete loser! (-2000) Stbpope is a complete loser! (-2000) Stbpope is a complete loser! (-2000) Stbpope is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by W1LLW View Post
    After reading through this thread it sounds like opee was too scared to do chit. brb want immediate passive income but don't want to invest in tech, and don't want to rent properties.

scared money don't make money fam
    yep you have to spend it it make it

Stbpope is a complete loser! (-2000) Stbpope is a complete loser! (-2000) Stbpope is a complete loser! (-2000) Stbpope is a complete loser! (-2000) Stbpope is a complete loser! (-2000) Stbpope is a complete loser! (-2000) Stbpope is a complete loser! (-2000) Stbpope is a complete loser! (-2000) Stbpope is a complete loser! (-2000) Stbpope is a complete loser! (-2000) Stbpope is a complete loser! (-2000)

Start a Business

Spend it to make it. Id rather work my money

SwimProWILM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwimProWILM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwimProWILM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwimProWILM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwimProWILM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwimProWILM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwimProWILM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwimProWILM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwimProWILM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwimProWILM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwimProWILM has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    for quick passive income I think your only option would be multi-family rental units