pembrook7589 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Weight Plate Restoration

I recently purchased some plates, paid more than I'd like to have paid for used plates but way less than what my local market is asking - paid $1/lb. Looking for thoughts on if I should keep these all black or should I try and paint the numbers/lettering another color. I've attached some before (but after scraping, sanding, and washing away some rust) and after the first coat of paint.
    Attached Images

BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think the standard olympic barbell are off brand ivankos...I have some of those. Its your call, personal preference. I kept mine all back, but I had no interest in painting the letters/numbers. I only painted the numbers on my roundheads a different color other than black.

Registered User AccomplishCoyot's Avatar
    AccomplishCoyot is on a distinguished road. (+10) AccomplishCoyot is on a distinguished road. (+10) AccomplishCoyot is on a distinguished road. (+10) AccomplishCoyot is on a distinguished road. (+10) AccomplishCoyot is on a distinguished road. (+10) AccomplishCoyot is on a distinguished road. (+10) AccomplishCoyot is on a distinguished road. (+10) AccomplishCoyot is on a distinguished road. (+10) AccomplishCoyot is on a distinguished road. (+10) AccomplishCoyot is on a distinguished road. (+10) AccomplishCoyot is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BulkMore View Post
    I think the standard olympic barbell are off brand ivankos...I have some of those. Its your call, personal preference. I kept mine all back, but I had no interest in painting the letters/numbers. I only painted the numbers on my roundheads a different color other than black.
    There's lots of debate over whether the skinny script 3 spoke plates are Ivankos. I've used both the skinny and thick script plates, they're both really nice though.

As to the OP, those plates look really nice, I wouldn't bother repainting them.

If you want something really easy to make them look nice, buy a white paint pen on amazon, and color in the number and script on the plates. It will really pop, and makes them look awesome.