syll99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Skinny fat. What would you do?

Im a 24 yr old skinny fat 63.5kg person.
    My personal records are
    Incline bench press 57.5kg 2x5,
    squat 85kg 3x5,
    deadlift 100kg 2x3
    Overhead press 45kg 1x3

I have been lifting for a year on and off. Before I started lifting, I was skinnier with a belly fat.

Im on a 2500 cal diet but i seem be gaining a lot of belly fat but my other muscles are getting "toned".

I tried 2700 and 2900 cal before but im just getting belly fat, no fat on other body parts.

I tried 2000 cal before and i look unhealthy and sick.

If you were me, would you bulk or maintain calories and build muscle or cut the belly fat while building muscle?

I have 33.5 inch belly and 12 inch arms, 5'8" in height

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by syll99 View Post
    If you were me, would you bulk or maintain calories and build muscle or cut the belly fat while building muscle?
    If I were you, I would start taking my training and diet seriously. Lifting off and on and waffling between eating at deficit, surplus and maintenance isn't going to get you anywhere.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I would spend 6 months slowly gaining weight at about 2lbs a month, progressing all my main lifts using a routine like Fierce 5.