Ceeceef3rd is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Questions regarding at home workouts

So I normally lift weights in the gym so my sets are usually from 10-12 reps.

Now that I’m stuck at home with no weights should I up my reps?

Like is 4 sets of 25 ok? Or is that overdoing it?

Bailout987 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Ceeceef3rd View Post

What exercises are you doing?

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You need some kind of sensible program to follow. There are lots of examples out there. If you want an App, maybe Mark Lauren "You are your own gym", but if you are OK with a book (Kindle or physical copy) and want the "double espresso" hardcore program as a challenge then Paul Wade's book "Convict Conditioning" is worth using

Word of warning, don't be an idiot like me. Just because you aren't gym training doesn't mean you now have unlimited recovery for everything else (especially for things you're not accustomed to). Even if you feel you can do more, follow a sensible scheduled program, don't just go nuts and suddenly do loads. I have given myself a small tear in my left Achilles (Achilles tendonitis) from over rapidly increasing running distance and intensity, if I'd been sensible and followed the rule of not increasing weekly distance by >10% over 2 weeks I wouldn't be hopping around the house right now.
    Last edited by OldFartTom; 04-06-2020 at 05:10 AM.

Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Ceeceef3rd View Post

It's better to do harder exercises to limit you to 5-15 reps. There's weighted dips, weighted pull ups, pistol squats, etc. When you get into the higher reps, you're no longer using your time as efficiently.
    Last edited by Animal2692; 04-06-2020 at 05:38 AM.
    "The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." -Sigmund Freud
    "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." -Leonardo da Vinci

mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Personally, I think this is the perfect time to look into limited equipment "challenges". I have a limited set of kettlebells and I'm getting bored with the routine already. So, I think I'm going to to the 10,000 KB Swing Challenge for the next month. I've done it before, enjoyed it and now seems like the perfect time; I can beat the chit out of myself with the challenge and have all day to eat and recover.

If you don't have access to any equipment and don't want to buy any, just Google "Bodyweight exercise challenge"; there's a bunch of them out there. Yeah, they're geared towards conditioning/endurance but there's some difficult ones out there that will build your work capacity. This will make getting back into the gym easier.
    "The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you’re a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds." -Henry Rollins