ymer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ymer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ymer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ymer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ymer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ymer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ymer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ymer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ymer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ymer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ymer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

How does a virus know it's in a new host? (srs)

I understand some viruses have an incubation period where they just chill and then start doing their chit hijacking cells for reproduction etc...

So lets say they infect host 1, once the incubation period is over they do their thing and the person gets sick, then person 1 is able to spread the virus because there are billions or trillions of those phaggot viruses infecting him.

Then host 1 infects host 2, how does the virus know that it's now in host 2 and start the incubation period again?

pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz
    Watch this video, it explains it pretty well.

I don't neg/infract/ban if you disagree with me in a civil discussion on any topic. ☮️
    Old blog, articles are still good even though many URLs are broken: http://pogue972.blogspot.com/
    Follow me on Twitter! I post lots of interesting stuff: https://twitter.com/pogue25 🐤
    I prefer email or Twitter for contact. However, you can PM me. My email is listed below.
    Email: https://bit.ly/EmailPogue 📧
    Required Reading: http://bit.ly/CandleinTheDark 🕯️

ymer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ymer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ymer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ymer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ymer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ymer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ymer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ymer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ymer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ymer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ymer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by pogue View Post
    Watch this video, it explains it pretty well.

That video doesn't touch the subject man.

JoeDelts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeDelts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeDelts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeDelts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeDelts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeDelts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeDelts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeDelts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeDelts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeDelts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeDelts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It doesn't really work like that. The virus doesn't recognize a new host. It's your bodies' immune system that recognizes viruses that it's been previously exposed to. The initial exposure causes your body to produce anti-bodies specific to that virus. I don't remember the specific mechanisms but I remember my mind being blown when I learned about it in school.

Originally Posted by JoeDelts View Post
    It doesn't really work like that. The virus doesn't recognize a new host. It's your bodies' immune system that recognizes viruses that it's been previously exposed to. The initial exposure causes your body to produce anti-bodies specific to that virus. I don't remember the specific mechanisms but I remember my mind being blown when I learned about it in school.
    Read OP again, this is about the virus incubation period... probably I'm misunderstanding what the incubation period is, but I think you got the wrong idea.

Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit softly.

JoeDelts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeDelts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeDelts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeDelts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeDelts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeDelts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeDelts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeDelts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeDelts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeDelts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeDelts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ymer View Post
    Read OP again, this is about the virus incubation period... probably I'm misunderstanding what the incubation period is, but I think you got the wrong idea.
    During the incubation period the virus is using cells in your body to replicate itself. A single virus won't make you feel sick. It's after a period of time when the virus has replicated itself and infected a certain number of your cells that your body will "detect" the threat, triggering an immune response. It was a long time ago but I'm pretty sure that's a layman's explanation.

*edit*^^^^wizarded

lothlorienn is not very well liked. (-100) lothlorienn is not very well liked. (-100) lothlorienn is not very well liked. (-100) lothlorienn is not very well liked. (-100) lothlorienn is not very well liked. (-100) lothlorienn is not very well liked. (-100) lothlorienn is not very well liked. (-100) lothlorienn is not very well liked. (-100) lothlorienn is not very well liked. (-100) lothlorienn is not very well liked. (-100) lothlorienn is not very well liked. (-100)
    To speak generally, viruses require a specific sequence of protein interactions in order to activate. Some viruses can sit dormant until a particular signal is detected. I do not believe coronaviruses work this way though. Rather, what is called an "incubation period" is really a long period of asymptomatic status in the host while the virus replicates. Coronaviruses are pretty good at avoiding immune system responses until very late.

http s://w ww.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4369385/

Here you can read an article about the life cycle of coronaviruses and how they work. There are a number of things that must occur in sequence in order for a viral infection to proceed.

Originally Posted by JoeDelts View Post
    During the incubation period the virus is using cells in your body to replicate itself. A single virus won't make you feel sick. It's after a period of time when the virus has replicated itself and infected a certain number of your cells that your body will "detect" the threat, triggering an immune response. It was a long time ago but I'm pretty sure that's a layman's explanation.

*edit*^^^^wizarded
    Originally Posted by lothlorienn View Post
    To speak generally, viruses require a specific sequence of protein interactions in order to activate. Some viruses can sit dormant until a particular signal is detected. I do not believe coronaviruses work this way though. Rather, what is called an "incubation period" is really a long period of asymptomatic status in the host while the virus replicates. Coronaviruses are pretty good at avoiding immune system responses until very late.

http s://w ww.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4369385/

Here you can read an article about the life cycle of coronaviruses and how they work. There are a number of things that must occur in sequence in order for a viral infection to proceed.
    These two responses make a lot of sense, thanks.

Repped.

lothlorienn is not very well liked. (-100) lothlorienn is not very well liked. (-100) lothlorienn is not very well liked. (-100) lothlorienn is not very well liked. (-100) lothlorienn is not very well liked. (-100) lothlorienn is not very well liked. (-100) lothlorienn is not very well liked. (-100) lothlorienn is not very well liked. (-100) lothlorienn is not very well liked. (-100) lothlorienn is not very well liked. (-100) lothlorienn is not very well liked. (-100)
    Here is a good video summarizing what is said more technically in the journal article I linked, with nice pictures.