Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000)

Ivanko OMs Questions...

I have a few questions about Ivanko OMs, after flipping items and making some quota when normalcy returns once again I was thinking of perhaps matching my plates suits with my O2Bs and who knows maybe at some point replace all those with OMs (credit to vhd for the suggestion).

With that I have a few questions on the OMs and possibly buying new...

Has the quality on Ivankos (particularly OMs) changed these days, or within the recent time before the pandemic?

Is their accuracy good from people who have weighed them?

Where is the best place to purchase them? (I'll probably start out with a couple of 45s and 25s first, then continue from there at different times...so I'm wouldn't be buying a whole set, or massive volume of them just yet).

Any other things I should know about the coat of them, how they fit on other pieces, maintenance tips, etc?

I appreciate the feedback and on a side note if I go this route I'll have primarily Ivankos (O2Bs, potentially OMs and the Troy GOs will be my grip plates...unless I replace Troy GOs with Rogue Six Shooters lol).
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 04-05-2020 at 08:20 AM.

C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have the revolvers so can't speak to all of your questions but consensus and my experience on a few. OM accuracy was always very good, albeit not calibrated plate, haven't heard of any deterioration. Quality on the revolvers is said to have dropped a few years ago, I don't notice it all that much, cannot say whether this is the same for OM series other than I've not heard it said of them even by those who weren't partial to the newer revolvers.

For buying...I accumulated my plates in two group buys on this forum where we went directly to Ivanko. You can get a substantial discount if others all pool together and we did on two occasions. Combined order probably could have done a large commercial gym or more on one of them.

Fit on quality Ivanko plates is tight as are tolerances. Not sloppy plates so if you have a cheap out of spec bar...you might have a problem. This is similar to bumpers too. I have a cheap old power bar as a 3rd regular barbell for groups (straight, spins, knurling = works at least). Bumpers won't fit and by revolvers are tight but manageable.

If I were to do this all again with what's available today, I'd probably have gone Six Shooters. Expensive plates even with big discounts on bulk. I buy one/cry once and don't mind paying up but I'm not sure the differential is worth it today.
    ▪█─────█▪ Rogue Barbell Crew #27 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Mech6 Crew #26 ▪█─────█▪

Home Gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1615740991&viewfull=1#post1615740991

MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by C123C View Post
    If I were to do this all again with what's available today, I'd probably have gone Six Shooters. Expensive plates even with big discounts on bulk. I buy one/cry once and don't mind paying up but I'm not sure the differential is worth it today.
    As much as I love my Ivanko Revolver and Slotted plates, if I were to buy new now, I would say it would be a hard pass not to go with Rogue right now...they just seem to do things right. A guy I know purchased Ivanko OM plates new a few years back on two separate orders, and the paints just didn't quite match up, they were close, but one was a little lighter and the other darker and you could tell they were two different purchases. I'd be shocked if that would happen right now with Rogue, and I'm saying that as Ivanko for life type.

Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by MGM711 View Post
    As much as I love my Ivanko Revolver and Slotted plates, if I were to buy new now, I would say it would be a hard pass not to go with Rogue right now...they just seem to do things right. A guy I know purchased Ivanko OM plates new a few years back on two separate orders, and the paints just didn't quite match up, they were close, but one was a little lighter and the other darker and you could tell they were two different purchases. I'd be shocked if that would happen right now with Rogue, and I'm saying that as Ivanko for life type.
    Six shooters are the same way. Friend of mine has 12 45’s. 6 of them are completely different shades from light gray to almost gunmetal.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mxchino View Post
    Six shooters are the same way. Friend of mine has 12 45’s. 6 of them are completely different shades from light gray to almost gunmetal.
    Checked the pics on GarageGymReviews, looks like the color and finish can vary quite a bit. Guess that means whether you get Ivanko Revolvers, Rogue Six Shooters, or REP Equalizers the expected finish will be about the same.

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Figured I'd throw this into the mix...Troy GOs VS. Rogue Six Shooters...

Should I flip my Tetris plates for Six Shooters within 1% accuracy, or should I keep my Tetris block plates to gain a fractional amount of space on machines, bars, or plate loaded DB handles?

Opinions? Although I think I know the answer

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wasn't Bench a big fan of the Troy Go plates? I've heard the finish on them is pretty darn nice, although I have never owned any myself.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    Wasn't Bench a big fan of the Troy Go plates? I've heard the finish on them is pretty darn nice, although I have never owned any myself.
    It is pretty darn nice, I got around 400, or 500 lbs of them with a few specs of rust as expected.

In fact I think it might've been Bench who re-painted them black with white, or silver lettering if I recall correctly which looked awesome!

After reading back a bit on the Ivankos quality change in the recent years and what was mentioned above as well, I definitely expect the best if spending a premium on 'em...so I think it's safe to say if buying new I'll probably go for the Rogue Six Shooters, keep the Troy GOs and if I decide to add to the Ivanko O2Bs they'll probably be in the form Troy POs, or the Rogue machined plates.

DarthCholo is a name known to all. (+5000) DarthCholo is a name known to all. (+5000) DarthCholo is a name known to all. (+5000) DarthCholo is a name known to all. (+5000) DarthCholo is a name known to all. (+5000) DarthCholo is a name known to all. (+5000) DarthCholo is a name known to all. (+5000) DarthCholo is a name known to all. (+5000) DarthCholo is a name known to all. (+5000) DarthCholo is a name known to all. (+5000) DarthCholo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you buy new over time there's more than just the paint not matching exactly. Also the castings may be changed out with slight variances. I think even Ivanko OM over the many years changed some minor changes in the lettering. Of my Rogue six shooters one pair I bought later on months after my initial purchase had rounded edges everywhere vs sharper corners.

Probably the best scenario is to buy all at once to increase the likelihood that they come from the same batch of castings and paint. Depending on who you buy from it may be cheaper to pay for a single freight shipment
    Last edited by DarthCholo; 04-07-2020 at 11:35 AM.

I have an additional question for the Ivanko OM buyers out there...

I see on their site that the 45s are $100.50 per plate from what I understand.

How much does Ivanko typically charge for freight on these plates? Ballpark figure? (Particularly if they were heading to the New England area).

Along with some other options I was thinking of, initially one of my plans would've potentially been to get eight 45s of the OMs (obviously a quote would be factored in too if that's a bulk enough purchase for them).

If the freight from experience of previous buyers is completely insane along with the price of purchasing new, I would go with some other sets out there at some point in time (I really don't need too many more plates and I'm in no hurry as I'm pretty much stocked up enough with them, but of course if I get more plates out of a specific deal new for the price, I'm gonna go that route more likely).

redpen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redpen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redpen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redpen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redpen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redpen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redpen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redpen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redpen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redpen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redpen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Purchased OM’s new, no problems whatsoever. Great fit and finish.
    Last edited by redpen1; 04-21-2020 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Typo

ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    I have an additional question for the Ivanko OM buyers out there...

I see on their site that the 45s are $100.50 per plate from what I understand.

How much does Ivanko typically charge for freight on these plates? Ballpark figure? (Particularly if they were heading to the New England area).

Along with some other options I was thinking of, initially one of my plans would've potentially been to get eight 45s of the OMs (obviously a quote would be factored in too if that's a bulk enough purchase for them).

If the freight from experience of previous buyers is completely insane along with the price of purchasing new, I would go with some other sets out there at some point in time (I really don't need too many more plates and I'm in no hurry as I'm pretty much stocked up enough with them, but of course if I get more plates out of a specific deal new for the price, I'm gonna go that route more likely).
    I got a quote last week, $271 for about 1000 pounds, I would email them, they're pretty responsive.

MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ShockDaMuscles View Post
    I got a quote last week, $271 for about 1000 pounds, I would email them, they're pretty responsive.
    Have you heard what the discount percentage is on group buys or if there's a discount on 1000lbs or more, etc?

I did a few weeks back and they mentioned not having any OMs in stock currently and that they would notify me of a quote for them once they were back in stock.

ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by MGM711 View Post
    Have you heard what the discount percentage is on group buys or if there's a discount on 1000lbs or more, etc?
    I was told 10% for 1k lbs, 15% for 2k, 20% for 3k, 25% for 4k and 30% for 5k.

I got the quote for OMEZHs, which they had in stock, but the OM 10s, 5s and 2.5s aren't at the moment.

I was told 10% for 1k lbs, 15% for 2k, 20% for 3k, 25% for 4k and 30% for 5k.

I got the quote for OMEZHs, which they had in stock, but the OM 10s, 5s and 2.5s aren't at the moment.
    Thanks for the above information, I asked about the OMEZHs in 45s and 25s and they are currently out of stock now and will notify me when they get more in.

ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If someone wanted to organize another group buy to try and reach that 30% 5K number I could be interested depending on the location of those involved and the timeline. Just throwing it out but if something comes up, Let me know.

DarthCholo is a name known to all. (+5000) DarthCholo is a name known to all. (+5000) DarthCholo is a name known to all. (+5000) DarthCholo is a name known to all. (+5000) DarthCholo is a name known to all. (+5000) DarthCholo is a name known to all. (+5000) DarthCholo is a name known to all. (+5000) DarthCholo is a name known to all. (+5000) DarthCholo is a name known to all. (+5000) DarthCholo is a name known to all. (+5000) DarthCholo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm now fully set with rogue 6shooters but when window shopping I didn't think Ivanko took small direct orders. Thought dumbell buddy was one of the few online retailers that would sell small single setups.

If i ever have to start from scratch would contact Ivanko directly for OMEZH or OMEZS. Probabyl OMEZS to switch it up. Maybe even switch it up to KG's. But OMEZH got them hundo plates! decisions decisions

Originally Posted by ameade84 View Post
    If someone wanted to organize another group buy to try and reach that 30% 5K number I could be interested depending on the location of those involved and the timeline. Just throwing it out but if something comes up, Let me know.
    While I'm not totally sold yet on going with Ivankos, I probably wouldn't be opposed to getting some OMs in 45s and maybe 25s if they quote smaller purchases and/or a group buy could happen...either the OMs, or Troy POs would pair up well with my Ivanko O2Bs.

Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    Thanks for the above information, I asked about the OMEZHs in 45s and 25s and they are currently out of stock now and will notify me when they get more in.
    They're all out of stock now that Ivanko partnered with Sorinex to sell Revolvers on Sorinex site.

Originally Posted by DarthCholo View Post
    I'm now fully set with rogue 6shooters but when window shopping I didn't think Ivanko took small direct orders. Thought dumbell buddy was one of the few online retailers that would sell small single setups.

If i ever have to start from scratch would contact Ivanko directly for OMEZH or OMEZS. Probabyl OMEZS to switch it up. Maybe even switch it up to KG's. But OMEZH got them hundo plates! decisions decisions
    This may have been a while ago, but I've heard that Ivanko will sell them to see, especially if you go and pick them up. I've also heard that Ivanko will sell factory seconds that way as well from time to time. I've seen someinteresting factory seconds such as a 3-hole 25lb Revolver and a 20Kg calibrated set in Rosemary, things like that.

AstonMartin27 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by C123C View Post
    Quality on the revolvers is said to have dropped a few years ago, I don't notice it all that much..
    A few questions for you: @C123C

How are we defining a drop in quality? What comes to mind?

Are they still as accurate as the OM plates?

Originally Posted by AstonMartin27 View Post

I purchased around 700lbs of Revolvers last summer and there doesn't seem to be any drop in quality from what I can see. A few paint spots that weren't ideal, but the generl quality of the plates are as high as any that I've owned over the years.

C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AstonMartin27 View Post

Thread revival.

I think a few people noticed/mentioned more blemishes on revolver batches in recent couple of years and maybe poor finishing on some plates. Mine were fine and I have 100s, 45s, and 25s from one batch and four 45s from a batch about a year later - all from factory. I can't confirm or deny their experiences nor can I speak to the average but I don't recall pictures showing horrid finishes or Ivanko refusing to deal with it if they existed. Some people just looked at their old stuff and felt the newer weren't as good. To be fair I'm also not hyper critical on plates - I expect them to be within tolerances, no sharp edges or weirdness, and uniform finish.

From memory OM plates have tighter stated tolerances than revolvers. How the final product comes out...no idea...but I'd guess a less complicated design lends itself to this so seems reasonable. I own revolvers/grip plates because they are handy and I have kids so I wanted something safer for them. Kids turned out to be not so keen on lifting but I like to have them anyway.
    ▪█─────█▪ Rogue Barbell Crew #27 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Mech6 Crew #26 ▪█─────█▪

Home Gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1615740991&viewfull=1#post1615740991