Beebah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Psmf - how do I hit my protein?

Hi

So , I'm 160lbs, bf around 25% and category 2. My lean body mass is calculated to be 122lbs. I will need 1.25 protein / pound lean body mass = 152 grams, since I'm going to workout. I'll be working out with my own bodyweight at home mostly. No gym because of the virus.

My plan is to eat 800 calories of mostly chicken. But there's a problem. For an example, 200 grams of the fresh chicken i bought today is 240 calories,  6g fat and 46g protein.

Lyle says, if you use liquid fish oil, to get one table spoon. That is 120 calories and 13,2 grams of fat according to the one I use. It's my understanding that  you shouldn't eat more than 20g of fat.

So, my question is, how do i hit my required protein intake without consuming too much fat? And how do i fit vegetables into this?

And I was also wondering why fat is restricted to max 20grams? Does it make you lose more weight somehow? I thought fat loss was about calories in vs calories out?

Thanks

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pay attention to the units when you're calculating macros. That's all I have to say.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Lean meat - skinless chicken breast, pork loin, 5% minced beef. If you eat oil fish, you won't need to fish oil supplement so that can be a little more fatty.

The question about food X, Y or Z is the same in every case - add up the macros.

Fat is reduced as much as possible because it contains a lot of calories.

By the way, doing PSMF at 160lbs sounds pretty dumb to me (especially without being able to train properly). It's for obese people. You aren't going to win a marathon by sprinting off the line.

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Pay attention to the units when you're calculating macros. That's all I have to say.
    I can't see where I've gone wrong?

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Beebah View Post
    I can't see where I've gone wrong?
    I already told you.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Lean meat - skinless chicken breast, pork loin, 5% minced beef. If you eat oil fish, you won't need to fish oil supplement so that can be a little more fatty.

The question about food X, Y or Z is the same in every case - add up the macros.

Fat is reduced as much as possible because it contains a lot of calories.

By the way, doing PSMF at 160lbs sounds pretty dumb to me (especially without being able to train properly). It's for obese people. You aren't going to win a marathon by sprinting off the line.
    Yeah, I eat manly chicken breast without skin. I only eat chicken as far as meat goes on this diet.

As far as fish goes, tuna and other low fat fish is ok. Yeah, I understand you can get omega3 from salmon,for instance. But eating salmon or fish in general is not something I would do because of the mercury.

I understand how you devide macros and everything, but the thing here is that one food of a particular macro contains "too much" of an other macro as well, so it's not easy to get your targeted macros and still be under 20g fats and 20gram carbs. Even if I were to drink all my calories from protein shakes, the fish oil would still push me over 20grams of fat.

I've ordered an other kind of fish oil with higher DHA/EPA content per ml. That way I can hit my macros.

It's not ideal to go on a diet like this. But im skinny - fat and I've been trying to lose fat for a long time and I did fine before I injured myself. I will do bodyweight exercise from home, not the best, but better than nothing.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Your reason for doing this is that you are skinny? You realise that makes no sense. My 14 years of experience training myself and others screams that this is a stupid idea. That's all I have to say.

Not to be rude, you can say/ think what you like about this, but when you've tried to lose weight for a long time(loong), you get fed up. But it's not as if its going to kill me and when I'm done with this diet I will add calories slowly over several weeks in order to not gain everything back again.

It could be worse, at least I'm not making up this diet on my own, I'm actually following a diet plan that a person with a lot of experience in this field has put together. Not saying it makes it healthy, but could have been worse.

Also, on this diet you belong to 1 of 3 categories. Catg 3 are those with 26%+ body fat, cat 2 16-26% and cat 1 those with 15% or less.

So, people with just a little to lose can also do this diet. Theres also one "cheat meal" and one refeed a week. Again, not saying it's healthy.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Beebah View Post
    Hi

So , I'm 160lbs, bf around 25% and category 2. My lean body mass is calculated to be 122lbs. I will need 1.25 protein / pound lean body mass = 152 grams, since I'm going to workout. I'll be working out with my own bodyweight at home mostly. No gym because of the virus.

My plan is to eat 800 calories of mostly chicken. But there's a problem. For an example, 200 grams of the fresh chicken i bought today is 240 calories,  6g fat and 46g protein.

Lyle says, if you use liquid fish oil, to get one table spoon. That is 120 calories and 13,2 grams of fat according to the one I use. It's my understanding that  you shouldn't eat more than 20g of fat.

So, my question is, how do i hit my required protein intake without consuming too much fat? And how do i fit vegetables into this?

And I was also wondering why fat is restricted to max 20grams? Does it make you lose more weight somehow? I thought fat loss was about calories in vs calories out?

Thanks
    How do you hit the requisite protein? Lean meats. If you want to supplement fish oil, which I recommend, grab something like Controlled Labs Orange OxiMega Fish Oil. I also use their multivitamin Orange Triad.

Fat is restricted because of the high caloric value. You want a bare minimum fat intake to somewhat provide for basic metabolic and hormone processes. The less calories ingested, the more weight lost. The low fat intake is a large reason why PSMF should really only be run for 2-3 weeks max. Can it be utilized for longer periods of time? Yes, but I would advise to increase fats at the expense of carbohydrate intake. Your workouts wouldn't be that great over time, but the weight loss could be sustained if you are at an unhealthy weight and need to lose pounds fast as recommended by a physician.

Edit: Just looked at your weight again. At 160lbs, regardless of your height, I don't recommend PSMF for longer than 2 weeks if you are determined to do this. PSMF really isn't recommended for someone like you to begin with. But hey, it's your body, your life.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners