Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by StillbornSoul View Post
    Thanks. What then about the issue of fatigue management and overtraining?
    I'm not qualified to answer that question. It would just be speculation, which would not be very informative.

ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Check out some podcast videos by Mike Tuchscherer of Reactive Training Systems.
    2020 maxes
    Squat 185
    Bench 137
    DL 205
    bw 88.5 age 43

Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323

jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000)
    Couple random thoughts late at night on my phone...

Coming from what you say you were doing to the new submitted schedule, might take a month or 3 to get used to. I like making small tweaks here and there, but I know some people like to jump into new programs all at once.

I would expect hella fatigue for a while though, and possible concessions to accommodate said fatigue. Not necessarily a problem if you're smart about it.

For me, those weighted pull ups and t bar rows wouldn't be happening after deads and bar rows. Hell, I don't even do bw pull ups after deads, but I go a bit harder on deads.

2 types of squat each leg day seems unnecessary to me. Pick 2 variations and do more sets of each, one type on each day.

I like the idea of alternating the hip hinge with the leg curl on alternating leg days. There's a lot of volume in the schedule and if you push hard and rest enough you may not have time, but I often schedule myself to do a bunch of accessories if I have time and then have to choose on the fly which ones are most important.

Also I like doing LPP so I get good rest before leg day. Also I like a rest after each 3 day cycle. So a total 8 day cycle. I end up with extra rest days here and there anyway so I don't stick to the same cycle each week.
    Cutting........................................................172 lbs
    2020......................375 / 285 / 505..............185 lbs
    Pre-COVID..............335 / 295 / 499..............185 lbs
    July 1, 2019................9 week cut.................164 lbs
    Late April 2019.........285 / 275 / 440.............178 lbs
    Oct, 2018..............175x6 / 145x6 / 275x5......163 lbs

StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jademonkey View Post
    Couple random thoughts late at night on my phone...

Coming from what you say you were doing to the new submitted schedule, might take a month or 3 to get used to. I like making small tweaks here and there, but I know some people like to jump into new programs all at once.

I would expect hella fatigue for a while though, and possible concessions to accommodate said fatigue. Not necessarily a problem if you're smart about it.

For me, those weighted pull ups and t bar rows wouldn't be happening after deads and bar rows. Hell, I don't even do bw pull ups after deads, but I go a bit harder on deads.

2 types of squat each leg day seems unnecessary to me. Pick 2 variations and do more sets of each, one type on each day.

I like the idea of alternating the hip hinge with the leg curl on alternating leg days. There's a lot of volume in the schedule and if you push hard and rest enough you may not have time, but I often schedule myself to do a bunch of accessories if I have time and then have to choose on the fly which ones are most important.

Also I like doing LPP so I get good rest before leg day. Also I like a rest after each 3 day cycle. So a total 8 day cycle. I end up with extra rest days here and there anyway so I don't stick to the same cycle each week.
    Thanks for replying. My recovery is still off. Tonight I decided to basically do a deload based off of Wendler 531 where I took a percentage of a training max and it still felt ****ty. All I did was super light 3x5 bench and press and 4X3 chins (in other words I just did 3 reps instead of more, not weighted)
    "Peace has cost you your strength. Victory has defeated you." —Bane

StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ECGordyn View Post
    Check out some podcast videos by Mike Tuchscherer of Reactive Training Systems.
    Looked at several of his videos. Thanks.
    "Peace has cost you your strength. Victory has defeated you." —Bane

mdonnelly80 is just really nice. (+1000) mdonnelly80 is just really nice. (+1000) mdonnelly80 is just really nice. (+1000) mdonnelly80 is just really nice. (+1000) mdonnelly80 is just really nice. (+1000) mdonnelly80 is just really nice. (+1000) mdonnelly80 is just really nice. (+1000) mdonnelly80 is just really nice. (+1000) mdonnelly80 is just really nice. (+1000) mdonnelly80 is just really nice. (+1000) mdonnelly80 is just really nice. (+1000)
    In layman's terms, it about a)being proactive and planning lighter sessions, deloads, days off, (etc) ahead of time and b) auto regulation

I think being proactive is most important and here are some suggestions:

-Train 3 days on/1 day off/3 days on two days off. This split has worked for me in the past.
    -Back on on the volume on one of your three day rotations. Hit just the core lifts and minimal isolation exercises for three days.
    -Rotate the volume within a 3 day rotation. Same as above
    -Have deloads planned relatively frequently (one week out of the month).

Auto regulation is important, regardless of the fatigue management protocols you've put in a head of time.
    -Figure out what the base exercises of each day are. If you're beat down, hit the base/core exercises, limited isolation work and hit the door. O
    -Back off on the intensity and/or volume if you're getting chewed up. One day, two days, three days, it doesn't matter.Take the time you need.
    -Don't be afraid to drop a day and do some active recovery; ditch the weights for the day and do something active.
    -Take a completely unscheduled deload week if needed. This is generally only necessary if you haven't been following other fatigue management protocols.

High volume and frequency splits don't tend to have a lot of rest and recovery time built into them. As such, you'll need to adjust on the fly or you'll run yourself into the ground.
    "The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you’re a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds." -Henry Rollins