Bailout987 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Strange program has you alternating curls, rows, and pulls up everyday?

I can't post links. To see the entire program, google 8 Week Powerbuilding DUP 5.0

This program is strange. The way the core lifts are approached seems okay to me. I feel like it's a long cycle that won't result in an amazing increase in 1rms. That's not the focus though. Powerbuilding obviously implies that hypertrophy is supposed to be part of the programs focus too.

The weirdest part about the program is that it has you alternating curls, rows, and pull ups all week. It seems like you'd be over training your biceps, and probably your lats too.

Monday
    Curls

Tuesday
    Weighted Pull-ups

Wednesday
    Curls

Thursday
    Rows

Friday
    Curls

Saturday
    Weighted Pull ups

I guess if the RPE is low enough then it would work? Seems like a weird set up.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Frequency doesn't automatically mean "overtraining".

In fact overtraining is a high level of systemic fatigue, not specific to a muscle.

You can train any muscle every day, what matters is the total workload applied over time. If you only do 1 set per day, that's no different to doing 7 sets on 1 day of the week.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Throw some push ups in there and some sort of leg exercise like stepping up onto a chair and it's not that bad.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you think it's weird or not for you, don't do it.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Don't see the issue
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Frequency doesn't automatically mean "overtraining".

In fact overtraining is a high level of systemic fatigue, not specific to a muscle.

You can train any muscle every day, what matters is the total workload applied over time. If you only do 1 set per day, that's no different to doing 7 sets on 1 day of the week.
    This.

Look up Norweigan frequency study.
    "The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." -Sigmund Freud
    "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." -Leonardo da Vinci

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Bailout987 View Post
    Monday
    Curls

Tuesday
    Weighted Pull-ups

Wednesday
    Curls

Thursday
    Rows

Friday
    Curls

Saturday
    Weighted Pull ups
    Without seeing the program, it looks like it's alternating higher and lower stress exercises. Seems reasonable if that's the case.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Pulling everyday? Sounds like a recipe for overtraining, terrible posture, and massive imbalances. I'd avoid this one without a doubt.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Is the program called "KFC fill up bucket: drumstick and thigh"

(because you get chicken legs)

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    He's only listing the upper back and biceps part of the rotation. I think it might be one of mine although I don't really push it anymore because I think it's more complicated than it needs to be. It will still work though and not "overtrain" anything if used by someone who it's appropriate for.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    He's only listing the upper back and biceps part of the rotation. I think it might be one of mine although I don't really push it anymore because I think it's more complicated than it needs to be. It will still work though and not "overtrain" anything if used by someone who it's appropriate for.
    it's this - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...yto/edit#gid=0
    don't think its one of yours, unless it's a very old one I'm not aware of
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    it's this - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...yto/edit#gid=0
    don't think its one of yours, unless it's a very old one I'm not aware of
    No, you're right, it's not mine but I've done something similar and called it powerbuilder DUP v2.0 IIRC

Bailout987 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Who's it appropriate for?

Originally Posted by Bailout987 View Post
    Who's it appropriate for?
    I don't know as it turns out it's not mine.

I'm guessing not novices who can progress on simpler and faster routines like Fierce 5.