Tightanium is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Just another fat guy

Just your typical 18 year old who's tired of being fat his whole life.

I'm 18 years old, 5,8" and weigh 190 pounds. I have fat all over my body... big belly, big butt and ginormous thigh and calf action. Sad thing is, not only am I fat, but also very weak. At my weight and height I should be relatively strong, but no. I bench 3x5 75lb max. I am a noob at weightlifting, only lifted for about 3 months and didn't really improve on increasing weights, just got familiar with the gym.

It's time that all changed, being self conscious of your own body is miserable. I've been trying too much and too hard, I think it's time I take it back to the roots and start simple. From what I've gathered over the years, I've assembled a new regime for myself. I'm still working out the kinks, and hopefully you guys can also help me adjust a few things I got wrong.

Some extra info about me; I can barely do a pushup, my stamina is terrible and I am a food addict(no wonder I'm fat).
    Also as a side note, I did one of the stupidest things ever last year and fasted on just water for a week. Yes I know, it was a desperate move and I was uneducated at the time. I lost 15lb, but I would never do it again. The only thing I am grateful for it is, I am finally able to control my eating habits. I can easily stick to a meal plan now and not feel like I'm starving.

I calculated my TDEE at 2250kcal, so I've made what an ideal day of eating would be like for me. Subtracted about 450 calories from maintenance to support about 1lb weight loss per week. Attached a screenshot of the plan, I know the food looks plain, but at this point food is just fuel to me :P
    Does this diet and macro ratio look right?

My target weight is 165lb. My end goal is to gain muscle and not look skinny. Will I lose a significant amount of muscle if I follow my current diet plan and not do any strength workouts? I do HIIT ladder workouts to increase my stamina if that helps.

Once I get down at least 15 pounds I was hoping to start the SS program and bulk, then once my lifts are improved I cut back down. Knowing a friend who did the program, his bf% shot straight up and he had to cut for about 4 months. Would this be a good idea?

Thanks so much for reading, will keep updating on this post ;D
    Attached Images

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Looks reasonable. You don't have to hit exact macro numbers. Once you have reached about 130g of protein and 60g of fat, you can make up the rest of your calorie budget using any combo of macros. I would suggest starting at 2000 calories - because your maintenance calculation sounds a tad low.

Pick a novice weight training routine from the Workout Programs forum. Fierce 5 is a good one. You need to weight train when dieting as well as when gaining mass.

NB: SS only makes you fat if you eat too much. You don't have to pile on weight to gain muscle. Muscle gain will probably happen even during dieting down (although not as much as if you were eating more). You never have to 'dirty bulk' especially if you already have a fair amount of bodyfat. Sometimes we tell skinny teens who complain they can never put weight on to do this - but it's more of a psychological overcompensation thing.