Jaydenn91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is this an appropriate plan for a beginner?

Hi, I'm trying to use the corona lockdown to kickstart a better workout routine. I was in hospital for an extened period of time two years ago and gained a lot of weight, lost a lot of muscle, strength. Before, I'd eat about 1700-1900 calories, do easy calisthenics or run 3x a week and kickbox 2x a week.
    Now I have no idea how much I eat, probably way too much, since I gained about 20 kg in 2 years. I kind of lost motivation to get back on the horse and start all over after the hospitalization. I know that generally gaining muscle while losing weight is unlikely, but I'm hoping to see some beginner's progress.

I am now 28, weigh 79 kg at a height of 160 cm. I'm aiming to be around 60kg.
    My current BMR should be slightly below 1500.

I am currently trying to lose some weight in order to gain more mobility, as well as create more strength and muscle.
    I am aiming at 1500 kcal a day, with about 30/30/40 protein/fat/carb ratio. I'm a pescetarian and don't eat meat and dont have access to a variety of fish during self-isolation, so my protein will be mostly eggs, beans, canned tuna, nuts and soy.

Since lock-down started last week, I do half an hour of yoga each morning, half an hour of calisthenics during lunch break, and another half hour of calisthenics after work.

So far there has been no change in my weight. Is this an appropriate plan? Should I reduce calories? What would be a better balance to achieve my goals? Is calisthenics even enough to build muscle even in a beginner? Unfortunately I have to do with whatever is in my apartment. Should I just focus on weight loss until I get access to a proper gym?

I assume that lockdown where I live will be at least 2 months, which is the time period that I wanted to focus on losing weight and gaining muscle. After that, I will focus more strongly on losing weight. I don't really have a timeframe in which I want to achieve my goals, maybe until around early next year. Mostly I want to get in shape quickly and then establish a sustainable workout routine again.

I appreciate your advice!

DessyDD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DessyDD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DessyDD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DessyDD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DessyDD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DessyDD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DessyDD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DessyDD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DessyDD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DessyDD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DessyDD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey hun! I'd say drop down the calories to about 1,200-1,300 max. Download MyfitnessPal app and keep track on your calories - it's easy to use. Also with the workouts - if you can, it's good to do 1 or 2 vigorous workouts then a few little ones. Hope this helps.