sc00t is not very well liked. (-100) sc00t is not very well liked. (-100) sc00t is not very well liked. (-100) sc00t is not very well liked. (-100) sc00t is not very well liked. (-100) sc00t is not very well liked. (-100) sc00t is not very well liked. (-100) sc00t is not very well liked. (-100) sc00t is not very well liked. (-100) sc00t is not very well liked. (-100) sc00t is not very well liked. (-100)

I just can’t do it and I need your help.

I’m a skinny 175lbs and I have tried and I have tried and I have tried.

For my size i would say I’m strong. I’m a pro wrestler, I can hammer out 100 press-ups or 100 burpees. I’ve got strength but I’m skinny.

And for YEARS I’ve been trying and trying. Shakes. Oats. Chicken breast. Whole milk until I got the ****s. I just physically can’t get the calories into me to grow.

Tracked my calories today and I’ve landed on about 2.3k calories. I am bloated, uncomfortable and I feel sick. That’s how I always feel by the time I get to that point.

I’ve been splitting my meals up, breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, tea, supper. Trying to spread them out so that I don’t feel this way but I just can’t do it.

I’m sure for like those who are huge the idea would be “man up and eat more.” But I’m telling you, honestly and with some sense of shame, that I just can’t.

Has anyone got anything they can offer by way of advice? Is there a smaller meal I can eat than chicken rice and broccoli for my lunch that packs twice as many calories? Am I missing a trick?

Meals look like this:

Breakfast: 3 weetabix
    Snack: protein bar, yoghurt
    Lunch: rice and tuna with mayo
    Snack: peanut butter and an apple
    Dinner: varies, but it’s generally meat, vegetables and a starch (pasta or rice)
    Supper: Weetabix (it’s cheap what can I say?)

Thanks so much to anyone who can help and I totally appreciate you guys will be sick of hearing from people saying this kinda **** but honestly I’ve been trying for 7 years now and all I’ve managed to do is injure my shoulder twice and break my ankle once (hey at least the cast added lbs to the scale!)

Thanks everyone.

sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you're having trouble hitting enough calories to gain weight - eat junk food. Pizza for lunch and a couple burgers for dinner ought to help.

PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by sunsean View Post
    If you're having trouble hitting enough calories to gain weight - eat junk food. Pizza for lunch and a couple burgers for dinner ought to help.
    This or put olive oil on everything..adding calories is easy..or butter or cheesecake or whatever..geez

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by sunsean View Post
    This ^^^. OP, in your list of foods you regularly eat, peanut butter is just about the only high calorie dense food.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You sure you're eating what you think you are? You didn't list weights or portions, just food names.

Also, you've been trying for 7 years? I doubt you cared all that much because chocolate milk and ice cream have existed for a while... if you really wanted to, you could gain weight.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

TyDurty is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'd try shakes again. It is a lot easier to chug down a meal then spend time chewing and psyching yourself out of eating.(If this is an issue) You can down a meal fast and move on with life. Or, if it's digestion issues, again, blend it up! It will make it easier to to digest and absorb nutrients. However don't blend all your meals as this can actually weaken your digestion system.

As for improving calorie intake with junk food that has excessive sugar, there is some info on the benefits/pitfalls of sugar and insulin production that might apply to you. bodybuilding.com/fun/topicoftheweek69.htm

When tracking your calories, you need to be honest and consistent. Both require you are using a food scale properly. While using a online calorie tracker can be effective, some of the entries can be wildly off, especially if they are user submitted. Another benefit of tracking calories is that you will get used to visual portion sizes vs their approx grams if you are without a scale.

Another tip is try doing small incremental increases to total calories. If your diet is making you feel like crap, go back to where its comfortable and increase slightly over time to get where you want. Adding +100cal a day will put you at +500 a day very quickly. You body will adjust. Or cut it in half.

GL

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    You sure you're eating what you think you are? You didn't list weights or portions, just food names.

Also, you've been trying for 7 years? I doubt you cared all that much because chocolate milk and ice cream have existed for a while... if you really wanted to, you could gain weight.
    this OP. you can't just eat meals that fill you up if you already have problems eating enough food. who said you couldn't eat a fat load of oil (no pun intended) and ice cream to hit your target calories?

1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ice cream shakes. Easy to get down and a ton of calories.

You will feel uncomfortable with the increased calories. Part of the game. It's temporary though and your body will adjust to the increased calorie intake. Give it two weeks and be consistent.

If not already doing so, incorporate some light cardio into your routine. Will help.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    peanut butter on toast topped with bacon and honey.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by 1MANU View Post
    Ice cream shakes. Easy to get down and a ton of calories.

You will feel uncomfortable with the increased calories. Part of the game. It's temporary though and your body will adjust to the increased calorie intake. Give it two weeks and be consistent.

If not already doing so, incorporate some light cardio into your routine. Will help.
    Pbateman2 PR Shake or gtfo
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    Pbateman2 PR Shake or gtfo
    LOL. Only the old skool know