Thread: Barbell Workout

willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Barbell Workout

I have borrowed a barbell and about 375lbs in weights so I can at least do some things in my garage. The problem is I do not have a rack and the bench I borrowed does not have a rack either. So I was wondering if anyone had any suggesting for some leg workouts that use a barbell with out a rack. I am also trying to figure out some chest stuff as well since I only have dumbbells up to 45lbs. I can do flys and realy slow reps, but I would like to increase the intensity a bit. Any suggestions welcome. I am cutting by the way and trying to preserve muscle.
    ".......have you paid your dues Jack?"
    "Yes Sir, the check is in the mail."

adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by willybrokeback View Post
    I have borrowed a barbell and about 375lbs in weights so I can at least do some things in my garage. The problem is I do not have a rack and the bench I borrowed does not have a rack either. So I was wondering if anyone had any suggesting for some leg workouts that use a barbell with out a rack. I am also trying to figure out some chest stuff as well since I only have dumbbells up to 45lbs. I can do flys and realy slow reps, but I would like to increase the intensity a bit. Any suggestions welcome. I am cutting by the way and trying to preserve muscle.
    You can barbell presses laying flat on your back, Ive seen this technique used all the time. For legs you can put the barbell on your shoulders and do squats, single leg squats, stiff legged deadlifts, and walking lunges.

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have substituted floor presses for bench presses quite a while ago, they are much easier on my shoulders. You can use dumbbells or bar/plates.

You could do some glute bridges as well which have some leg component to it.

Additionally if your back is up to it (didn't you have some back problems?) you could do a clean and press, lowering the bar into appropriate position for front or back squats...low weight high reps.
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

BrownBear1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrownBear1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrownBear1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrownBear1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrownBear1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrownBear1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrownBear1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrownBear1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrownBear1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrownBear1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrownBear1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    fullbody:
    [*] squats --> zecher squat
    [*] bench press --> push ups with plates in the back (someone can help to put those in the back)

deadlifts --> deadlifts
    barbell rows --> barbell rows
    [*]over the head press --> 1 x clean & n x press

romanian deadlift --> romanian deadlift

barbell wheel --> barbell wheel

willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Cantplankwell View Post
    I have substituted floor presses for bench presses quite a while ago, they are much easier on my shoulders. You can use dumbbells or bar/plates.

You could do some glute bridges as well which have some leg component to it.

Additionally if your back is up to it (didn't you have some back problems?) you could do a clean and press, lowering the bar into appropriate position for front or back squats...low weight high reps.
    . I will try that. I was doing zercher squats but I was having a hard time cleaning the weight and then dropping in into position. Just awkward. I do have back issues and I added in Deadlifts but I am paying a bit of a price for those.
    ".......have you paid your dues Jack?"
    "Yes Sir, the check is in the mail."

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by willybrokeback View Post
    . I will try that. I was doing zercher squats but I was having a hard time cleaning the weight and then dropping in into position. Just awkward. I do have back issues and I added in Deadlifts but I am paying a bit of a price for those.
    Clean+press+then squats......................gateway drug for barbell complexes...which are one of the best ways to get fit and build work capacity. Start light.
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

BillPhoto is just really nice. (+1000) BillPhoto is just really nice. (+1000) BillPhoto is just really nice. (+1000) BillPhoto is just really nice. (+1000) BillPhoto is just really nice. (+1000) BillPhoto is just really nice. (+1000) BillPhoto is just really nice. (+1000) BillPhoto is just really nice. (+1000) BillPhoto is just really nice. (+1000) BillPhoto is just really nice. (+1000) BillPhoto is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm not sure what the situation is where you live in regards to getting out and buying things, but can you get to a hardware store? If so, can you build your own squat / bench rack?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzZfpE9sfw8&t=630s

Looks simple enough would do the job for the time being.
    Cheers,
    Bill K