rous790 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I need to lose weight.

I was 205lbs when I came back from military training, lightest I have ever been since middle school. I felt great. Ran a 14 flat two mile, had so much energy. Now I am up to 250 cause my track coach in college wanted me to gain weight to be able to move more in the gym. I want to get back to that 205 range so I can build back up correctly to a healthy weight were I am confident. I have done a lot of research and tried a lot of different things, but I can't seem to figure out how to lose the weight I need. If anyone is willing to help that would be greatly appreciated.

Harsh Truth Distributor xsquid99's Avatar
    xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    All that stuff you did to go from 205 to 250, do the opposite of that.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=165843261
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100) wj72wc is not very well liked. (-100)
    You ran a lot in the military. Are you still running? Maybe a combination of gym work and track would help.
    Originally Posted by rous790 View Post
    I was 205lbs when I came back from military training, lightest I have ever been since middle school. I felt great. Ran a 14 flat two mile, had so much energy. Now I am up to 250 cause my track coach in college wanted me to gain weight to be able to move more in the gym. I want to get back to that 205 range so I can build back up correctly to a healthy weight were I am confident. I have done a lot of research and tried a lot of different things, but I can't seem to figure out how to lose the weight I need. If anyone is willing to help that would be greatly appreciated.

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    To lose weight, you need to eat fewer calories than you burn all day long doing everything. This "everything" number is called your TDEE. Get and estimate (because everybody is slightly different) by using a tdee calculator. Once you have your TDEE, subtract 10-20% and that is the number of calories you want to eat each day to lose weight.

Beyond that, get a sufficient amount of protein and fat. .8 grams of protein/pound of bodyweight (use the highest weight in your "healthy" range if you're heavily overweight/obese) and .4 grams of fat/pound of bodyweight are good starting points. Beyond getting your protein and fat, you can eat the rest of your calories in carbs or more fat or more protein.

You also want to be sure to do some resistance exercise. Two days a week of a full body program is sufficient and three days would be great. Follow an established lifting program like Fierce 5 (free if you look in the "Workout Programs" section of the forums.) Cardio is also good for your heart/lungs and I would encourage anybody to get in 150 minutes/week but that doesn't have to be running (unless you like it!) Walking, cycling, playing basketball, hiking, etc. are all fine.

eadg is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Study after study has confirmed the benefits of keeping track of the food you eat and the activity you do. It's simple - the more consistently you track your food intake, the more likely you are to lose weight. That's why every successful weight management program suggests that you keep a food diary and/or an activity log .

Quiggie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Quiggie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Quiggie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Quiggie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Quiggie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Quiggie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Quiggie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Quiggie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Quiggie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Quiggie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Quiggie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Read some of the articles on here: https://leangains.com/

Dylan999 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by rous790 View Post
    Losing weight is determined by your total calories for the day. You need to be in a caloric deficit to lose weight. Exercise has nothing to do with losing weight.
    Train hard, and track your calories