Fitwannabe3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How do I Lose Fat and Put on Muscle?

I am "Skinny Fat" and am looking for a way to gain muscle effectively, while also losing weight. I am not "new" to lifting but have only been lifting for around 6 months and haven't seen great results. Due to the new pandemic I am unable to go to the gym but have weights at home so I am still able to train. I would greatly. appreciate it if you could please pass on some of your dieting and workout knowledge

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    What equipment do you have?

The answer to your question is to do phases where you focus on muscle gain or fat loss.

In both cases you do weight training and get enough protein. The main difference is calorie intake. Post some photos if you want advice on which to run first. If not, it doesn't actually matter that much, everyone ends up doing multiple phases of both, the order is not that important.

Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    What equipment do you have?

The answer to your question is to do phases where you focus on muscle gain or fat loss.

In both cases you do weight training and get enough protein. The main difference is calorie intake. Post some photos if you want advice on which to run first. If not, it doesn't actually matter that much, everyone ends up doing multiple phases of both, the order is not that important.
    This.

I think it's best you cut first since gaining muscle comes with additional fat if in a surplus. This way you'll also become less insulin resistant and have better nutrient partitioning meaning your body will be better primed tor gaining muscle. Cut to about 12% bodyfat first. At this level your abs will be visible.

You also want to keep lifting hard and getting enough protein to spare muscle loss. But hell, with your current experience lifting, you should still be making gains while cutting.

Recomping or losing fat while gaining muscle would take much longer to do. So either cut or bulk (in your case cut).
    "The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." -Sigmund Freud
    "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." -Leonardo da Vinci

HomeWorkout08 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The amount of calories you eat should be lower than the amount of calories you burn during workout plus the amount of calories that your body needs to recover. So just training everyday and manage the food that you eat. Moreover, you should sleep as much as you can because your muscle develops when you are sleeping.