Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So it appears there's a source for Troy PO, HO and GO plates new...out of curiousity I checked the price for a 255 lb set and it was $525 with free shipping, then a few days later it went up to $549 and then it said that they can only be sold in a minimum of the 455 lb set at $849 with free shipping and of course some delayed shipping times.

Case in point (even though we've all established this already way in advance), don't feel too overly guilty about selling your plates at a certain premium at this time...but for those looking for some nice new plates but at a premium, the site might be an option (I'm not interested in particular, but some might be these days).

I'm not gonna post the link to the site on here, just in case some want new Troy plates for that premium price and everyone gets a chance, you can PM me if you want the link...I got the source right through Troy responding back to a quote question I had.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    We'll see what happens, saw something on one of my morning news feeds that it's possible gyms will reopen in May with some other service industries.

The equipment train might be coming to a grinding halt...
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post

Or...the train will speed up with people now wanting to offload what they purchased. Of course, they're going to start the price too high...may take a couple months for the prices to plummet when they realize they're screwed...at which point, lots of deals to be had!

Cant wait to see the dozens of sh*tty bowflex dumbbells for sale.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BulkMore View Post
    Bowflex haha, wish I would have bought 10 used pairs before this all started and made a killing.

splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000)
    Seems the fever might be breaking, as those most desperate to buy weights have gotten them. Plenty of buyers still out there, but probably not willing to pay nosebleed prices of the past couple of weeks. That's my sense of NYC metro area. What are you guys seeing?

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    We'll see what happens, saw something on one of my morning news feeds that it's possible gyms will reopen in May with some other service industries.

Gyms were listed in stage 3 of the proposed reopening plan, so I would expect that we're looking well out past May. An article I read last night had a bunch of health officials stating that if we got 20 million tests per day by early June, maybe we could reopen by late July. :x Of course we're all guessing at this point, but I think there's zero chance of anything opening in May.

Originally Posted by splitsquat View Post
    Seems the fever might be breaking, as those most desperate to buy weights have gotten them. Plenty of buyers still out there, but probably not willing to pay nosebleed prices of the past couple of weeks. That's my sense of NYC metro area. What are you guys seeing?
    I sold a handful of excess Oly weights for $2/lb no problem, but most people in my area selling them for $3/lb so I guess people were happy to pay $2. My standard plates flew at $1.50/lb 7-10 days ago, but the last 150 lbs took 4-5 days to unload. I've also noticed the Powerblocks that were disappearing for $2K are now sitting for days or more at $1,500. So yeah, demand does seem to be dropping a bit. I think it's a combination of: (a) most people that were going to buy having what they need now and (b) people starting to feel the financial strain of not working. I had an unusual number of people pay in part with singles and a couple people even paid in part with change.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The hard facts are many gyms will be closing down they just cant make it.
    That means people will go to the ones that did make causing crowd like after the new year.
    Anyone would be smart to acquire or hang on to what equipment/weights they have for basic weight training.
    Things right now are uncertain with opening places up and possible more waves of the flu cloud shut them back down until a vaccine is made.
    So the investment in weight equipment if training is important to you is a good one even with the higher prices.

dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    Gyms were listed in stage 3 of the proposed reopening plan, so I would expect that we're looking well out past May. An article I read last night had a bunch of health officials stating that if we got 20 million tests per day by early June, maybe we could reopen by late July. :x Of course we're all guessing at this point, but I think there's zero chance of anything opening in May.

I feel really bad for gym owners and I don't see a clear path forward for them right now. Even if they open, the government isn't the problem. It's going to be people thinking about whether they want to risk it or not. A gym is probably one of the worst big group gathering places you could go to--everyone is touching stuff you have to touch, and breathing heavily. There's no way to protect for that when so many that spread this are asymptomatic.
    www.repfitness.com - Gym equipment manufacturer.

bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    An article I read last night had a bunch of health officials stating that if we got 20 million tests per day by early June, maybe we could reopen by late July. :x Of course we're all guessing at this point, but I think there's zero chance of anything opening in May.
    Don't get numbers involved, especially the 20 million number which was originated by the paper written by the same Nobel winning Economist who wrote the "just some homemade blog claiming to know something". ;-)

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    So it appears there's a source for Troy PO, HO and GO plates new...out of curiousity I checked the price for a 255 lb set and it was $525 with free shipping, then a few days later it went up to $549 and then it said that they can only be sold in a minimum of the 455 lb set at $849 with free shipping and of course some delayed shipping times.

Case in point (even though we've all established this already way in advance), don't feel too overly guilty about selling your plates at a certain premium at this time...but for those looking for some nice new plates but at a premium, the site might be an option (I'm not interested in particular, but some might be these days).

I'm not gonna post the link to the site on here, just in case some want new Troy plates for that premium price and everyone gets a chance, you can PM me if you want the link...I got the source right through Troy responding back to a quote question I had.
    Good to know. I sold 455 lbs of lesser quality plates and I might be looking to add more Troys. I really like them.

Gyms were listed in stage 3 of the proposed reopening plan, so I would expect that we're looking well out past May.
    The articles I'm reading say they are slotted to open in the first phase.

Originally Posted by bennder View Post
    Nobel winning Economist
    Congrats to Paul, one of the 950+ professional paper writers who received awards for being really good at writing papers. (golf clap)

Paul Romer - "This toy model is NOT CALIBRATED to real data".

splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000)
    Gyms are included in Phase 1 of the reopening plan. Planet Fitness is gearing up to reopen in the states that begin reopening. They'll have distancing between equipment as well as frequent cleaning, and cleaning supplies available for members to wipe down equipment before using it. Whether that is sufficient to get people comfortable with returning remains to be seen.

If it works, that should help keep a lid on home gym equipment pricing in those states, and even in nearby states that are still closed. Because if the discrepancy is too high, it'll be worth some people's time to drive to an open state that has weight sets at regular price at sporting goods stores, buy all the weights available, and sell them in the locked down state. Given the number of brand new 300lb weight sets I've seen in NYC metro area CL and FB in the past week (listed at $700+), I suspect this is already happening.

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bennder View Post
    Don't get numbers involved, especially the 20 million number which was originated by the paper written by the same Nobel winning Economist who wrote the "just some homemade blog claiming to know something". ;-)
    Just to be clear, I'm not even offering an opinion on this entire situation. I save that for my own ******** page, family/friends, and groups dedicated to discussion about these things. I was just saying that if they decide X tests per day is a requirement for proceeding to step 1, we're going to be looking at several more months of this.

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    Good to know. I sold 455 lbs of lesser quality plates and I might be looking to add more Troys. I really like them.
    I was surprised to see that the GOs were priced the same as the POs and HOs on the site, I remember when the GOs cost a bit more than the POs and HOs.

I own some GOs and they're good plates that have held up well over the years (I own around 400 lbs to 500 lbs of those), if I did decide to add anymore Troys though, I would probably go with the POs (I like the old school flange black iron plates the best) and on the plus side they match the Ivanko O2B plates I own so they wouldn't look that out of place pairing up with those plates.

Just to be clear, I'm not even offering an opinion on this entire situation. I save that for my own ******** page, family/friends, and groups dedicated to discussion about these things. I was just saying that if they decide X tests per day is a requirement for proceeding to step 1, we're going to be looking at several more months of this.
    Nope, you are wrong because you didn't organize your viewpoints in the appropriate format and submit them to the Nobel Prize committee for consideration. They don't give out awards to just anyone you know, you have to be a citizen of great renowned and intelligence demonstrated through years of collecting professional accolades. Historic people like President Obama, who's Nobel Peace Prize for "extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between people" was well deserved.

/Sarcasm
    Last edited by urbanlifter; 04-20-2020 at 01:30 PM.

murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    These Trump phases are just guidelines. States might follow them strictly, they might not. Gyms being in the Federal "phase 1" doesn't mean they'll be in the state phase 1s.

obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Or...the train will speed up with people now wanting to offload what they purchased. Of course, they're going to start the price too high...may take a couple months for the prices to plummet when they realize they're screwed...at which point, lots of deals to be had!

Just saw that GA is opening up gyms, barbers, hair salons etc.

Meanwhile I see this on Twitter. lol Yeah I know other states are closed and buyers will still be around. Just hate these "flip anything" resellers had to get into this lane.

Last edited by obey46; 04-20-2020 at 04:43 PM.
    Ivanko Barbell Crew #61
    BNET: obeygiant#1273

Sdca7718 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sdca7718 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sdca7718 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sdca7718 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sdca7718 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sdca7718 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sdca7718 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sdca7718 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sdca7718 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sdca7718 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sdca7718 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I just put up my old weight set and have been bombarded with messages. Took 12 minutes. We will see if they are gone tomorrow so I can shut the ad down. Sad to get rid of my old set but it is taking up room and I want to get a new barbell and help cover a little bit of my OUEZ 45 purchase.
    ▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #76 ▪█─────█▪

dingdongkunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) dingdongkunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) dingdongkunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) dingdongkunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) dingdongkunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) dingdongkunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) dingdongkunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) dingdongkunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) dingdongkunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) dingdongkunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) dingdongkunt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sold a random single 40lb dumbell I had for $60.
    Sold some spring clips for $15 that sell for $10.
    Sold my ob-86b for $400, that I paid $170 for.

That's my fun in the this market.

murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dingdongkunt View Post

If I could get $400/bar around here I wouldn't have any straight bars left. The last one I got rid of at $150 didn't sell immediately, though 2 months ago it would have taken forever to sell at $50.

ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000)
    And here I bought a brand new Rep Stainless bar on 4/1 for $414 shipped

Registered User PCRulesPSDrools's Avatar
    PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by dukenukem7777 View Post
    I feel really bad for gym owners and I don't see a clear path forward for them right now. Even if they open, the government isn't the problem. It's going to be people thinking about whether they want to risk it or not. A gym is probably one of the worst big group gathering places you could go to--everyone is touching stuff you have to touch, and breathing heavily. There's no way to protect for that when so many that spread this are asymptomatic.
    Eh, I dunno man, I mean maybe (and also because so many have built their own home gyms but I'd say that's a small percentage overall)
    but I look at it like this.

The day before the gym closed me and my buddy are on our way to the gym, all anybody is talking about is this terrifying virus, and he's telling me the gym will be absolutely dead. Well when we got their you could hardly get a parking spot, including 5 or 6 seniors. It was as if everybody was piling in because they were aware it was gonna be shut down.

It was kind of funny because on the way we were talking, he was saying how scared everybody is. I argued that people aren't really as scared as they let on, they just like to blabber about hot topics on social media. When we pulled into the parking lot I felt like I'd won. However now that we've shut down civilization I don't know, this is like a whole human psychology lesson right here. I almost feel like people are more interested in arguing for political reasons than they are actually concerned, deep down inside.

I'm gonna place my money on the gym reopening to a big crowd once the social stigma of not appearing afraid is removed.

Originally Posted by PCRulesPSDrools View Post
    I'm gonna place my money on the gym reopening to a big crowd once the social stigma of not appearing afraid is removed.
    I think so too, especially among people in their 20s and 30s. Was talking to a 20-something and he was saying how his friends without home gyms cannot wait to go back to the gym and working out. And these are guys very close to the NYC epicenter.

Corona what? ZFG. Summer coming up, gotta get jacked.
    Last edited by splitsquat; 04-21-2020 at 04:06 PM.

ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by obey46 View Post

Meanwhile I see this on Twitter. lol Yeah I know other states are closed and buyers will still be around. Just hate these "flip anything" resellers had to get into this lane.
    May be terrible of me to say but I hope some of these buy everything in sight just to turn around flip it get stuck with some of their inventory they have accumulated. Their time to get rid of it is most definitely now.

ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by dingdongkunt View Post

$400 for a used cap barbell is crazy but I sold a cheap generic rusty bar that was cleaned up for $200 so who knows.

I did sell a single 35 for $70 which was totally surprising. Funny thing is I sold about 700 pounds of random generic plates for $1/lb during the 2nd week of shutdown and now you can't find anything less than $1.80/lb. If only I had waited..but then again I didn't want to miss out, oh well.

ojtwelve is not very well liked. (-100) ojtwelve is not very well liked. (-100) ojtwelve is not very well liked. (-100) ojtwelve is not very well liked. (-100) ojtwelve is not very well liked. (-100) ojtwelve is not very well liked. (-100) ojtwelve is not very well liked. (-100) ojtwelve is not very well liked. (-100) ojtwelve is not very well liked. (-100) ojtwelve is not very well liked. (-100) ojtwelve is not very well liked. (-100)

Troy 110 lb rubber HEX dumbells.

Hello,

I have a pair of Troy 110 lb rubber HEX dumbells.
    How much you think I can sell them for?

I live in NC.. .

ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ojtwelve View Post
    Hello,

I have a pair of Troy 110 lb rubber HEX dumbells.
    How much you think I can sell them for?

I live in NC.. .
    Depends on your market, I would start at $2/lb and see. Majority of the people buying and paying $2/lb are for the smaller dumbbells 15-70. Bigger dumbbells aren't moving as fast as the smaller ones.

BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by obey46 View Post

These flippers have nothing to lose. They'll try to sell them up until the last couple days the items can be returned, at which point they'll just return whatever is still left over for a full refund. Hate to say it, but its not a bad idea.

Unless DSG is no longer accepting returns, like other places not allowing TP, hand sanitizer, etc to be returned.

These flippers have nothing to lose. They'll try to sell them up until the last couple days the items can be returned, at which point they'll just return whatever is still left over for a full refund. Hate to say it, but its not a bad idea.

Unless DSG is no longer accepting returns, like other places not allowing TP, hand sanitizer, etc to be returned.
    Flippers will do even better than that. Even if we have passed peak pricing in gym equipment, the decline will be slow, so flippers still have plenty of time to make a nice profit before they need to worry about returning items to the store.

MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    The hard facts are many gyms will be closing down they just cant make it.
    That means people will go to the ones that did make causing crowd like after the new year.
    Anyone would be smart to acquire or hang on to what equipment/weights they have for basic weight training.
    Things right now are uncertain with opening places up and possible more waves of the flu cloud shut them back down until a vaccine is made.
    So the investment in weight equipment if training is important to you is a good one even with the higher prices.
    Totally agree with this as well!

Small box gyms have already have been closing up in my area and selling off equipment. In CA, I can't see gyms reopening any sooner than when schools reopen which isn't listed yet. In fact, Fullerton St will not reopen this fall, on-line only, so this should put it into better perspective. It will be a matter of time before all the high priced strip mall type gyms start closing up next, then the large corporate gyms will fold after that. I just read that 24hr is already considering filing for bankruptcy and shutting down many gyms. Once these types start hutting down gyms, the gyms that do stay open, as you say will be overly crowded again. This is a long winded way of saying, I just don't see this glut of equipment hitting the used market like everyone thinks. Those that invested in having something now in their homes are going to keep it and know they can always get a workout at home if they don't want to go to a gym, and obviosuly, the ones that decked out and really spent big are simply staying home to train now.