Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    3basic5me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3basic5me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3basic5me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3basic5me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3basic5me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3basic5me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3basic5me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3basic5me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3basic5me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3basic5me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3basic5me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by yebat View Post
    If she’s a DNP, Dr. is the appropriate title. “Doctor” is not a position, it refers to a level of education. A person with a Ph.D is called doctor. Etc.
    Bruh noooobody is calling a nurse Dr.

GMiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GMiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GMiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GMiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GMiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GMiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GMiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GMiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GMiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GMiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GMiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Based on what you’ve told us, it doesn’t sound like this person did that either. You said she introduced herself as “Dr. X.” Nothing nefarious there. Had you asked her role, she would probably have told you she is a nurse practitioner, etc.
    Yeah but I asked to see a real doctor when I made my appointment, not a nurse "Dr"

blissful88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blissful88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blissful88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blissful88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blissful88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blissful88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blissful88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blissful88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blissful88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blissful88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blissful88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If she’s a DNP, Dr. is the appropriate title. “Doctor” is not a position, it refers to a level of education. A person with a Ph.D is called doctor. Etc.
    I've tried explaining that to him and others that see this but they apparently just don't understand and want to degrade nurses/ignore the facts.

I come to the misc to get away from that crap and now some guy posted a youtube video that I assume will try and explain my job to me, like pretty much every patient I deal with.

ITT: ignorance and cognitive dissonance, I'm going to bow out
    u wot m8

muscle beast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muscle beast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muscle beast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muscle beast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muscle beast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muscle beast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muscle beast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muscle beast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muscle beast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muscle beast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muscle beast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by blissful88 View Post
    I've tried explaining that to him and others that see this but they apparently just don't understand and want to degrade nurses/ignore the facts.

I come to the misc to get away from that crap and now some guy posted a youtube video that I assume will try and explain my job to me, like pretty much every patient I deal with.

Better get back to those online classes so you can finish your BSN DDO ACLS BBG VBG ABG RN PhD RPR BLS DDT CMB LOLWUT certification, Dr Nurse Brah

blissful88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blissful88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blissful88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blissful88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blissful88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blissful88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blissful88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blissful88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blissful88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blissful88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blissful88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That isn’t true. I’ve worked in ICUs where there are no assistants so the RNs do all the bed baths. However, I’ve worked in teaching hospitals where interns have had to do basic care at times.
    Yes if no one else is around, obviously. What matters is the patient gets taken care of, I've seen Chiefs themselves tend to patients.
    u wot m8

GMiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GMiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GMiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GMiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GMiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GMiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GMiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GMiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GMiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GMiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GMiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Based on what you’ve told us, sounds like you had no choice. You said the facility is staffed exclusively by NPs. You need to understand one thing. There is a shortage of primary care physicians in the US and it’s only getting worse. Primary care nurse practitioners pick up the slack. If you do a little research you’ll find that many studies have been done and have concluded that medical outcomes are virtually identical between patients treated by NPs as compared to physicians (or, as you uneducated folk call them, real doctors). This is also true in intensive care units that are staffed exclusively by acute care nurse practitioners.
    Ok, "Dr"

Originally Posted by muscle beast View Post
    Better get back to those online classes so you can finish your BSN DDO ACLS BBG VBG ABG RN PhD RPR BLS DDT CMB LOLWUT certification, Dr Nurse Brah
    LOL I noticed that too

Why do they list every degree/online certificate they've gotten since high school but a real doctor just lists M.D.?

You’re really hung up on this concept of “real doctor.” So, is every person who holds an advanced degree of doctorate in their field frauding? Like, every Biology professor, history professor, clinical psychologist, etc?
    Other doctorates (Ph.D.'s) don't try to pass themselves off as real medical doctors (M.D.'s)

Or are you just a bit jealous that you really haven’t accomplished much in your life and you’re hating on those of us who have?
    Yes we're jealous of your fancy MSN (master's of science in nursing) degree

Those online modules must have been grueling to click through

IknowagoodthreadwhenIsee1 Itouchyou's Avatar
    Itouchyou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Itouchyou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Itouchyou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Itouchyou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Itouchyou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Itouchyou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Itouchyou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Itouchyou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Itouchyou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Itouchyou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Itouchyou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Everyone understands what you're saying, but you're so caught up in defending your training that you can't see how it can be misleading to refer to yourself as a doctor when dealing with patients in a hospital setting. It doesn't make a difference if they have a doctorate because you know damn well what the general population associates with that title in a clinical setting, so it's delusional and annoying.

If you, a DNP, introduce yourself as doctor to patients while knowing full well how they've just interpreted your title then you're a fraud.
    You have been touched.
    I am the reason your girlfriend pauses between texts.
    I am the guy in your wife's apple watch.

Bro, I went to The Ohio State University. Last I checked, it still isn’t online. Fool. Your jealousy makes me feel sad for you.
    Wow a MSN degree from a state school

How can someone not be jealous of such lofty credentials

Do you refer to yourself as "Master Nurse" with that impressive degree?

Number 2 rated NP program in the country. Yeah. That’s weak. You’re right. I’m sure your community college degree in flipping burgers trumps my degree.
    I refer to myself as what I am, a nurse practitioner. Keep hating.
    You're the one who keeps trying to justify your education and credentials to me

If you were secure and confident in them you wouldn't feel the need to do so

Schnitzl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitzl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitzl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitzl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitzl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitzl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitzl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitzl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitzl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitzl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitzl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Could also be that M.D differs in other parts of the world from the US in the levels of education they have to go through.

"Doctor of Medicine (abbreviated M.D., from the Latin Medicinae Doctor) is a medical degree, the meaning of which varies between different jurisdictions. In the United States, Canada and some other countries, the M.D. denotes a professional graduate degree awarded upon graduation from medical school. In the United States, this generally arose because many in 18th century medical professions trained in Scotland, which used the M.D. degree nomenclature. In England, however, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery was used and eventually in the 19th century became the standard in Scotland too. Thus, in the United Kingdom, Ireland and other countries, the M.D. is a research doctorate, higher doctorate, honorary doctorate or applied clinical degree restricted to those who already hold a professional degree in medicine; in those countries, the equivalent professional to the North American and some others use of M.D. is still typically titled Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S.)."

The countries I have relatives working as doctors have an education and knowledge that far exceeds that of a regular RN.
    Saying that, a good nurse is like Robin to Batman, my nurse helps me out and takes a bulk of my workload off so I compensate her well.

You’re the one who keeps showing her ignorance of advanced practice nurses, their roles, as well as proper titles for academic distinctions.
    Again, if you were secure and confident in your education/credentials/status you wouldn't care to keep trying to get my approval

IknowagoodthreadwhenIsee1 Itouchyou's Avatar
    Itouchyou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Itouchyou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Itouchyou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Itouchyou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Itouchyou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Itouchyou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Itouchyou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Itouchyou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Itouchyou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Itouchyou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Itouchyou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No, you’re just an uneducated rube.
    You have an obvious inferiority complex. Not proud enough of your job that you have to create the momentary illusion in patients' heads that you're a medical doctor? Because you know damn well that's the first thing they think when you tell them that.
    You have been touched.
    I am the reason your girlfriend pauses between texts.
    I am the guy in your wife's apple watch.

demadio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demadio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demadio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demadio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demadio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demadio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demadio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demadio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demadio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demadio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demadio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    are NOW doing it? Do you not understand what a NP is trained to do.

Smithers115 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smithers115 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smithers115 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smithers115 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smithers115 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smithers115 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smithers115 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smithers115 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smithers115 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smithers115 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smithers115 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GMiscer View Post
    It's a nurse with some extra training...online training at that
    stop saying some extra training, its a masters degree on top of their bscn

Also your basic argument is flawed because it presupposes a family doctor is inherently smarter than a NP, and that nurses are dumb for that matter. tThe few girls I know going for their NP I went to uni with were basically memorizing surgical textbooks, high IQ good memory. Very bright and driven, they would have probably been successful had they attended med school. An ex of mine got accepted to med school from being a rn (she wants that med bank), shes bright as ****. I would be surprised if they werent on the same level of learnability as most med students.

So that being said, why cant a bright individual (idiots arent going to np school if were going by grades) take their 4 year rn degree, do a masters and learn the **** they need to learn on their own... Most students learn 90% of what they know out of class anways
    Luny plsss

MinisterOfLust has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MinisterOfLust has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MinisterOfLust has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MinisterOfLust has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MinisterOfLust has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MinisterOfLust has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MinisterOfLust has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MinisterOfLust has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MinisterOfLust has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MinisterOfLust has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MinisterOfLust has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My primary care physician is a NP's, lol. He is very knowledgeable though and he is doing a great job taking care of me.
    🎄Mods changed my sig. ™Copyright ©2003 - 2005- 2017. All Rights Reserved. Uncle penis™ is a registered trademark of MinisterOfLust.

Podunks has the mod powerz Podunks has the mod powerz Podunks has the mod powerz Podunks has the mod powerz Podunks has the mod powerz Podunks has the mod powerz Podunks has the mod powerz Podunks has the mod powerz Podunks has the mod powerz Podunks has the mod powerz Podunks has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Itouchyou View Post
    Everyone understands what you're saying, but you're so caught up in defending your training that you can't see how it can be misleading to refer to yourself as a doctor when dealing with patients in a hospital setting. It doesn't make a difference if they have a doctorate because you know damn well what the general population associates with that title in a clinical setting, so it's delusional and annoying.

If you, a DNP, introduce yourself as doctor to patients while knowing full well how they've just interpreted your title then you're a fraud.

ZeroPercentTip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZeroPercentTip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZeroPercentTip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZeroPercentTip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZeroPercentTip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZeroPercentTip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZeroPercentTip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZeroPercentTip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZeroPercentTip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZeroPercentTip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZeroPercentTip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have never in the 12 years I've browsed the misc seen GMISCER and ITOUCHYOU go back and forth posting in a thread.

Originally Posted by demadio View Post
    are NOW doing it? Do you not understand what a NP is trained to do.
    No one in this thread is speaking from experience so no they don't understand.

Originally Posted by Smithers115 View Post
    stop saying some extra training, its a masters degree on top of their bscn

Also your basic argument is flawed because it presupposes a family doctor is inherently smarter than a NP, and that nurses are dumb for that matter. tThe few girls I know going for their NP I went to uni with were basically memorizing surgical textbooks, high IQ good memory. Very bright and driven, they would have probably been successful had they attended med school. An ex of mine got accepted to med school from being a rn (she wants that med bank), shes bright as ****. I would be surprised if they werent on the same level of learnability as most med students.

So that being said, why cant a bright individual (idiots arent going to np school if were going by grades) take their 4 year rn degree, do a masters and learn the **** they need to learn on their own... Most students learn 90% of what they know out of class anyways
    Correct. Except we've had 6-8 years of studies and training, 4 is very recent for an equivalent degree.

OP's post and others are created to shun anything under the title of MD, painfully ironic for a forum of no-job basement dwellers/lyft drivers to make fun of guys like me making well over six figures by treating sick people.

Originally Posted by Podunks View Post
    Except he's not. We've already explained what a doctor actually means, willful ignorance is not an excuse any longer. NP's and PhD's are doctors both by lawful definition and qualification, end of discussion.
    Last edited by blissful88; 03-29-2020 at 01:43 PM.
    u wot m8

Except he's not. We've already explained what a doctor actually means, willful ignorance is not an excuse any longer. NP's and PhD's are doctors both by lawful definition and qualification, end of discussion.
    You keep ignoring that Ph.D.'s don't claim to be medical doctors but N.P.'s do try to pass themselves off as real doctors (M.D.) if the patient doesn't know any better

Do you introduce yourself as a nurse practitioner when you first see a patient or do you introduced yourself as a Dr and leave out the NP part, because I guarantee if you introduce yourself as Dr it's because you want patients to think you're a real doctor instead of a nurse playing doctor

And LOL at yebat deleting all his posts in this thread after getting shown up for not being a real doctor like he pretended to be

Smithers115 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smithers115 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smithers115 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smithers115 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smithers115 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smithers115 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smithers115 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smithers115 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smithers115 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smithers115 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smithers115 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Correct. Except we've had 6-8 years of studies and training, 4 is very recent for an equivalent degree.

O
    a nurse np has 6 years of health care knowledge and training, thousands of hours of clinical experience as well ( ive never been a med student, nor have i really read their curriculum but Im guessing your statement of 6-8 years of training means that is more intense therefore more valuable? It would be my presupposition thats correct, but i just wanna make sure thats what youre implying)

not saying that an np and an md are equivalent in terms of education in the literal sense, but I think they could easily be comparable in terms of individual skill and patient satisfaction when comparing two practitioners. hell I wouldnt be surprised that np's have higher patient satisfaction rates over physicians due to how valued altruism and bedside manner are pushed in nursing vs the common critique of the bedside manner of physicians. Im on a random tangent now though, this quarantine is going to my brain bro lmao)

Thank goodness theres someone else who can also see op and his circle jerk crew are dumb

edit: ahhh youre an np, i was assuming your comment on 6-8 years of training was refering to medschool and a residency/fellowship, too lazy to edit the comment

You keep ignoring that Ph.D.'s don't claim to be medical doctors but N.P.'s do try to pass themselves off as real doctors (M.D.) if the patient doesn't know any better
    Ive probably met 15 np's over the last few years, visited one myself. Not one has introduced themselves as drs.
    Last edited by Smithers115; 03-29-2020 at 02:18 PM.
    Luny plsss

wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wincel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    uptodate.com, type in symptoms, boom

jk it takes years of medical training bruh

Do you introduce yourself as a nurse practitioner when you first see a patient or do you introduced yourself as a Dr and leave out the NP part, because I guarantee if you introduce yourself as Dr it's because you want patients to think you're a real doctor instead of a nurse playing doctor
    You're clearly trolling at this point, no one is this stupid after having the answer explained multiple times. I can see why there's threads saying no one likes you.

a nurse np has 6 years of health care knowledge and training, thousands of hours of clinical experience as well ( ive never been a med student, nor have i really read their curriculum but Im guessing your statement of 6-8 years of training means that is more intense therefore more valuable? It would be my presupposition thats correct, but i just wanna make sure thats what youre implying)

not saying that an np and an md are equivalent in terms of education in the literal sense, but I think they could easily be comparable in terms of individual skill and patient satisfaction when comparing two practitioners. hell I wouldnt be surprised that np's have higher patient satisfaction rates over physicians due to how valued altruism and bedside manner are pushed in nursing vs the common critique of the bedside manner of physicians. Im on a random tangent now though, this quarantine is going to my brain bro lmao)

Thank goodness theres someone else who can also see op and his circle jerk crew are dumb

edit: ahhh youre an np, i was assuming your comment on 6-8 years of training was refering to medschool and a residency/fellowship, too lazy to edit the comment

Ive probably met 15 np's over the last few years, visited one myself. Not one has introduced themselves as drs.
    I'm an ARNP title, yes. I don't introduce myself as "doctor" even though I technically am one because of my qualifications and degree, and could do so.
    u wot m8

MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    lmao
    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

a nurse np has 6 years of health care knowledge and training, thousands of hours of clinical experience as well
    I doubt their "training" is equivalent to a real doctor

Most of what nurses do is just follow orders from a real doctor, I'm not sure that counts as "training" like a real 3-4 year residency doctors do after med school

It would be like claiming a flight attendant has "years of flying training and experience" because they were on the same airplane as pilots and now we should call them pilots too

Funny thing though they went from being called flight attendants to now being called "cabin crew"

It's weird how everyone is being jumbled up into a one size fits all category so you can't distinguish real credentials

One of my last appointments I got a card saying it was with a certain "provider" LOL

TurbanMon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TurbanMon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TurbanMon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TurbanMon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TurbanMon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TurbanMon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TurbanMon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TurbanMon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TurbanMon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TurbanMon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TurbanMon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    family doctors were people not good enough to be specialists

a nurse can have a lot of experience by observing what doctors do, but their innate cognitive abilities are why they're a nurse and not a doctor

I'm an ARNP title, yes. I don't introduce myself as "doctor" even though I technically am one because of my qualifications and degree, and could do so.

stevesteve12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevesteve12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevesteve12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevesteve12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevesteve12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevesteve12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevesteve12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevesteve12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevesteve12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevesteve12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevesteve12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

MD is a title, not a rank like society tends to believe. That's why boards are currently pushing for equal status among NP's and MD's, both are extremely well trained in general care.

You and a ton of others on here seem to think even basic RN's are some low-life totem pole of know nothings, but in reality they're often smarter than a lot of MD's and doctors will often consult with the ones that are bright.
    wrong

the moment someone graduates medical school, they outrank you in the clinical setting.

there are doctors for a reason, medical school and residency is hard for a reason.

they are training and selected in a rigorous setting to high standards because when **** hits the fan the buck stops with them. not some physician extender who came off an assembly line, molded with the intention to take care of the 80% common cases you see in in a particular medical field, so that real doctors are able to dedicate their time and effort to the other 20% more intellectually and technically demanding cases