FrankGrimesJr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrankGrimesJr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrankGrimesJr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrankGrimesJr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrankGrimesJr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrankGrimesJr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrankGrimesJr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrankGrimesJr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrankGrimesJr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrankGrimesJr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrankGrimesJr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Does it feel gross to breathe with a ventilator?

Asking because of the Coronavirus.

MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Beats that feeling of suffocating I suspect

dontstopbelief is just really nice. (+1000) dontstopbelief is just really nice. (+1000) dontstopbelief is just really nice. (+1000) dontstopbelief is just really nice. (+1000) dontstopbelief is just really nice. (+1000) dontstopbelief is just really nice. (+1000) dontstopbelief is just really nice. (+1000) dontstopbelief is just really nice. (+1000) dontstopbelief is just really nice. (+1000) dontstopbelief is just really nice. (+1000) dontstopbelief is just really nice. (+1000)
    and here i am using my lungs like a sucker

MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don't have any recollection of being intubated when I had an inguinal hernia repair when I was a little kid.

But imagine having a long tube shoved into your windpipe. Sounds pretty uncomfortable. It's why we typically use sedatives to keep you asleep and opioid analgesics to keep you pain-free.
    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

FrankGrimesJr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrankGrimesJr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrankGrimesJr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrankGrimesJr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrankGrimesJr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrankGrimesJr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrankGrimesJr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrankGrimesJr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrankGrimesJr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrankGrimesJr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrankGrimesJr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MakeABanana View Post
    I don't have any recollection of being intubated when I had an inguinal hernia repair when I was a little kid.

But imagine having a long tube shoved into your windpipe. Sounds pretty uncomfortable. It's why we typically use sedatives to keep you asleep and opioid analgesics to keep you pain-free.
    Millions of Americans will have to brace themselves for this.

MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by FrankGrimesJr View Post
    Millions of Americans will have to brace themselves for this.
    If there are enough ventilators available.

Otherwise, many Americans will have to brace for the fact that there isn't anything we can do except provide comfort care and palliation for an inevitable death. Opioids, like morphine, can be used to reduce the sensation of breathlessness. When I was an intern, this is something we did in the ICU when a family would come to terms that their loved one wasn't coming back and we would terminally extubate the patient.

BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Saw some guy waving (kind of pitifully) at the camera while on a ventilator in an Italian hospital on the news.

I was a bit disturbed. Like you say, I thought they’d be sedated first.
    Per Mare Per Terram crew*
    No Facebook/twitter/oestrogen network crew*
    Rugby league crew*
    Matchmaker @ 72 virgins dating service crew*

I thought the ventilator was attached to a face mask but it is actually a tube shoved down your throat? Fuk that is gruesome.

notthis is not very well liked. (-100) notthis is not very well liked. (-100) notthis is not very well liked. (-100) notthis is not very well liked. (-100) notthis is not very well liked. (-100) notthis is not very well liked. (-100) notthis is not very well liked. (-100) notthis is not very well liked. (-100) notthis is not very well liked. (-100) notthis is not very well liked. (-100) notthis is not very well liked. (-100)
    I'm not about that ventilator lifestyle.

blissful88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blissful88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blissful88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blissful88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blissful88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blissful88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blissful88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blissful88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blissful88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blissful88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blissful88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I thought the ventilator was attached to a face mask but it is actually a tube shoved down your throat? Fuk that is gruesome.
    Yes, don't worry you'll be on medication to not notice it as posted above, most people end up falling asleep.
    u wot m8

Originally Posted by BootneckBrah View Post
    Saw some guy waving (kind of pitifully) at the camera while on a ventilator in an Italian hospital on the news.

I was a bit disturbed. Like you say, I thought they’d be sedated first.
    Haven't seen the video. Did this guy have a facemask or a tube down his throat? If he had a facemask on, he was getting non-invasive positive pressure ventilation (e.g. CPAP) which you can get without sedation. Either that, or he was awoken from his sedation, possibly either a sedation vacation or even a trial to see if he's ready to come off the ventilator.

But you're otherwise on medications to sedate you and relax you. Without them, patients often become agitated and pull out the tube (and other lines) themselves.

Yup, tube down the throat. What we've seen is that the facemask is a temporary measure, and too often, these patients need a tube shoved down their throat because their lungs eventually fail. To be more technical, the problem with non-invasive positive pressure ventilation with a facemask is that air can steal leak out the sides of the mask when the patient exhales, potentially aerolizing virus particles into the air, endangering the health care workers. So the reason for going straight to the tube is to reduce the amount of aerosolization because intubation is likely inevitable anyway.

ItsJamesthefin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ItsJamesthefin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ItsJamesthefin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ItsJamesthefin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ItsJamesthefin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ItsJamesthefin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ItsJamesthefin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ItsJamesthefin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ItsJamesthefin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ItsJamesthefin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ItsJamesthefin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When I had my colectomy (foot of my intestines removed) I had to be intubated for the first day. That was terrible and don't wish that on anybody. Them removing the tube was so strange and uncomfortable. I was never on a ventilator but I cant imagine having something breathing for you being comfortable.

gluon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gluon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gluon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gluon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gluon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gluon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gluon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gluon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gluon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gluon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gluon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If there are enough ventilators available.

Otherwise, many Americans will have to brace for the fact that there isn't anything we can do except provide comfort care and palliation for an inevitable death. Opioids, like morphine, can be used to reduce the sensation of breathlessness. When I was an intern, this is something we did in the ICU when a family would come to terms that their loved one wasn't coming back and we would terminally extubate the patient.
    how hard could it be to DIY a ventilator, and score some black market anesthetic.

an accordion, garden hose, pvc pipe, ping pong balls, some cotton and ductape and you should be good amirite
    Villains who twirl their mustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged ~ Captain Jean-Luc Picard

HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've read that 90% of the COVID patients that end up on a ventilator die, so most don't live to tell the tale.

🥋 A Karate Kid age 60 Samraiwise's Avatar
    Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Most likely you feel lucky if there is one for you when you need one most.

Don't think too far ahead. Just try to keep your body healthy and make your immune system ready.
    ⭐ Samurai Break: 140kg(308lb) Failed Bench Press Recovery Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8eIkpZ29u0
    ⭐ Over 35 Training Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4832373
    📌 Please Call me Kaz, a 60-year-old 🥋 Karate Kid in Tokyo.

Originally Posted by HYMENATOR View Post
    I've read that 90% of the COVID patients that end up on a ventilator die, so most don't live to tell the tale.
    That’s awful. Slowly dying while hooked up to a machine.